Servers that don't suck?

We have God mode is traders, what baffles me is when players expect to not be camped when they leave the traders. 

Had a player whine when he got shot in Novy after leaving Stary saying he got killed by someone camping the trader......  

Continuously running in and out of the trader is highly frowned upon in our server, especially if u shoot ur gun at all!

Bases are destructible on our server, admins typically wont go into other's bases(by blowing up walls) unless they have left the server though.

Bloodbag gives 4k blood, 15 minute cooldown, 50% chance infection, takes 30 seconds to apply.

Start with 12 slot pack and a G17(helps when it's nighttime).

Day/night cycle:   6hrs day, 3hrs night

AI heli patrols are VERY aggressive!

AI missions include a Heli and armored vehicle you must destroy and foot soldiers to kill,  loot isnt OP either.

Helis are extra expensive!  Cheapest armed on is the Huey @ 5 briefcases

40+ more guns than regular Epoch in loot table and in traders!

NO Thermal Guns, no AS50s, very very rare m107/Lapua

Even Large gunbags are very rare on the server(and not for sale).

NO PAY TO WIN!

Donators and Admins get NOTHING!

NO Heli Evac

NO Heli spawning at ur base every restart

NO builders packs that you can buy

NO Crosshairs

NO Chainsaws for sale

NO indestructible Bases

NO BTRs

Safezone traders is a must i think, traders would lose their meaning otherwise. One could only go there as part of a group. A server that "doesn't suck" would have these features if you asked me:

• No 3rd view, not even in vehicles
  • No crosshairs, no death messages
  • Dayz standard spawn gear, no extras
  • No bicycle out of the (tool)box
  • moderate to high prices at the traders
  • well designed missions both at remote areas and in towns
  • Night and daytime
  • Zero vehicles that are spawned by the server, they ought to be bought
  • No magic cinder bases, everything should be destroyable

Would it be possible to protect trader zones by AI? They would treat everyone as friendly, but if s/o fires at a player, they instantly recognize him or her as an enemy and start hunting that player? I think this should be doable from a technical point of view..

I hosted a server mostly like that for a long time and 99% of people would leave within 2 minutes of joining. You can find hardcore servers but they are underpopulated because very few people want that kind of DayZ experience. The closest thing I have found these days is Mells House, check Axle's sig for link.

You know when players use streaming or recording software it can induce the chain symbols right? We were popular before Frankie/Lewis/Sacriel/Lyrik etc, that's why they came there in the first place. If we had bad quality servers as you're implying do you think we would retain our player base?

My server is closing in on ya! Buahahahha but in all honesty Grats on the #2 server!

CCG have started up a couple of semi-harccore servers. Still got missions and still have self blood bag as of right now, but they are really enjoyable, no safezones, roaming traders etc

Check them out.

b_560_95_1.png

Might be a low server pop right now but there was about 30 people on last night and the servers only been up about a week. As a CCG server so you know that it'll eventually be fully populated soon so this is a great time to get yourself on and set up before the hordes arrive.

I've had players join for less than 5 minutes and made it known how much the server sucks. Sadly, a majority of players don't want to work for anything and expect things like 10 vehicles to choose from wherever they spawn. IDK, I've tried heavily modded servers and there's just way too much going on between AI patrols, terrible intro music, in your face monitors, and Cobra gunships hunting everyone down with FLIR. 

We have a small group of regulars with some new players and have a good time regardless.

The easier the server, the higher the population. It's pretty much always that way.

Players talk about how hardcore they want things, yet the easiest servers with the most random shit are the most populated. Take a look at how populated the fully militarized servers are. The epoch ones are the same way. We tried the hardcore servers with no safe zones, destructible stuff, no ridiculous vehicles or weapons. It didn't gain much attention. Same reason BMRF died out. They weren't progressive. DayZ has been around a long time now....and though most probably haven't noticed, but it has power creep just like MMOs. People are less patient to wait for the car that they've already spent hundreds of hours driving in or the sniper rifle they normally always have. They always want something bigger and better. Which now days is meaning APCs, attack helis, rockets, and larger caliber weapons.

People don't really stay long in our servers because they complain of PVP because it is heavily oriented towards it. Not that people spawn with loadouts or anything or have extra military all over (none actually). We don't have any rocket choppers and our highest armored vehicle is the m113 but it's unarmed. Our hero and bandit vendors also have exclusive items unique to only them. But it's panthera so it's smaller and all of it's regulars are DayZ/Arma vets who basically only PVP. There is no trash talking or griefing at all though and the playerbase is extremely mature. Trolls don't do well there and neither do newcomers unless they stay away from missions or high traffic areas.

I have to say though the most unique thing about our server though is very active admins who are constantly listening to player feedback and fixing things. The admin log is also posted so if you ever suspect any foul play you can just go take a look for yourself to see what's happening. We take playerbase votes before making changes and we even recently swapped from Chernarus to Panthera based on the playerbase decision. Pretty rare to find a playerbase that is ok with a DB wipe. We also have JSRS and ACE_SM enabled which it seems like a lot of servers don't for no reason. If you've ever played with these it's hard to go back to normal vanilla shit sounds.

You could try it out if you want good squad pvp. Not really a server for carebears although there are a lot of heroes if that's your thing...but even they like to PVP as long as it's against known bandits or initiated on first. www.fobneckbeard.me 

Mells House

- One safezone on Napf (Just one, it's the trader near the spawns. Makes the game less of a headache without making it too easy)

- No safezones on Taviana

- NO SELF BLOOD BAG

- NO AI (although we have supply drop missions, but they usually only have basic supplies with the rare chance of having something special.  They're basically low-level loot spawn 'heli crashes' with the rare chance of having something ridiculous, like safes, or satchel charges. Very rare though)

- NO gear on spawn (except your standard coyote pack, bandage, and flashlight)

- NORMAL amount of vehicles.

- 4 hour day/night cycle

- NO indestructable bases (wtf why is this a thing?!)

- NO lift/tow

Just standard Epoch, hosted by the devs.

every server sucks, that's the secret. You will never find a server that does EVERYTHING just the way you want it.

If you find that you can not compromise on your wants and needs with any of the servers you fnd, start your own server.

I found mine.

Mells House.

Vanilla epoch. That's all I wanted. I got what I wanted.

Mells House

- One safezone on Napf (Just one, it's the trader near the spawns. Makes the game less of a headache without making it too easy)

- No safezones on Taviana

- NO SELF BLOOD BAG

- NO AI (although we have supply drop missions, but they usually only have basic supplies with the rare chance of having something special.  They're basically low-level loot spawn 'heli crashes' with the rare chance of having something ridiculous, like safes, or satchel charges. Very rare though)

- NO gear on spawn (except your standard coyote pack, bandage, and flashlight)

- NORMAL amount of vehicles.

- 4 hour day/night cycle

- NO indestructable bases (wtf why is this a thing?!)

- NO lift/tow

Just standard Epoch, hosted by the devs.

A lot of this just sounds terrible. I'll touch down on  a few points of why.

Self blood bagging on most servers is reduced to about 4k HP on a 30 minute timer with a chance of failure AND infection. Some only allow in hospitals. It's also actually more balanced than just carrying bio meat everywhere and pounding 5 of them should you get close to death (and they are INSTANT with no animation) and just eating antibiotics. I used to do this in vanilla epoch. You can still do that sure with self BB but I'm just giving you an example of why self BB isn't as OP as you're thinking. It's quite balanced.

I don't like safezones either but 90% of epoch players do because they go to the trader cities and waste 45 minutes leaving themselves exposed to being shot. So if you want people in your server you basically have to enable these in at least 1 of your trader cities.

I play on a 4hour day/night server. Love it.

I agree with no spawn loadouts.

No AI (especially on maps like napf where even with 50 players you can go a long time without seeing one) is extremely boring. It creates interaction among players. Strangers will work together to do them. They also create PVP for those types. All around it's good....AS LONG AS they aren't loot pinatas.

Also no indestructible bases is kind of silly as well. Since there's no reason they should be destructible so long as doors can be destroyed (This is how i've seen it on basically every server). This allows for raiding to still occur yet prevents people losing their entire base for no reason at all because a group of players had 45 minutes to waste on hammering down your base that took you a week to build. If you play on a server with no indestructible bases you either have the nicest playerbase ever, no playerbase, or you have other rules stopping people from destroying bases just for the sake of it.

I'm also indifferent on the towing/lifting because it's pretty cool and I like using it to help people. It also adds a lot of different elements to gameplay. It is somewhat OP though in certain scenarios.

Self blood bagging on most servers is reduced to about 4k HP on a 30 minute timer with a chance of failure AND infection. Some only allow in hospitals. It's also actually more balanced than just carrying bio meat everywhere and pounding 5 of them should you get close to death (and they are INSTANT with no animation) and just eating antibiotics. I used to do this in vanilla epoch. You can still do that sure with self BB but I'm just giving you an example of why self BB isn't as OP as you're thinking. It's quite balanced.

I don't like safezones either but 90% of epoch players do because they go to the trader cities and waste 45 minutes leaving themselves exposed to being shot. So if you want people in your server you basically have to enable these in at least 1 of your trader cities.

No AI (especially on maps like napf where even with 50 players you can go a long time without seeing one) is extremely boring. It creates interaction among players. Strangers will work together to do them. They also create PVP for those types. All around it's good....AS LONG AS they aren't loot pinatas.

Also no indestructible bases is kind of silly as well. Since there's no reason they should be destructible so long as doors can be destroyed (This is how i've seen it on basically every server). This allows for raiding to still occur yet prevents people losing their entire base for no reason at all because a group of players had 45 minutes to waste on hammering down your base that took you a week to build. If you play on a server with no indestructible bases you either have the nicest playerbase ever, no playerbase, or you have other rules stopping people from destroying bases just for the sake of it.

I'm also indifferent on the towing/lifting because it's pretty cool and I like using it to help people. It also adds a lot of different elements to gameplay. It is somewhat OP though in certain scenarios.

I like a lot of your feedback, I manage Mells House and the reason we don't do AI is because we have a lot of streamers that setup player events and we do Admin events every weekend. 

We do however have some mods, take clothes, supply drops, antihack and on the NAPF map Lenzburg is the only trader safe zone. But on Taviana we have none.

I'm working with a very good scripter at this time to setup safe zones in a different way. So you won't have god mode and won't be 100% safe. But it's better than nothing.

well, i'm all in for buildings being destructible, but make cinder blocks cheap, put wood for sale and make chainsaws rare as fuck.

it's all about balancing. If you make the effort to destroy a base too small compared to the effort to construct one, people just wont build bases anymore. Saw that happen in a lot of servers out there.

and towing lifting deppends on the amount of vehicles the server has.

Plus there should be a script to delete locked cars that are unused for more than 5~10 days or so. In most servers you dont get car/helicopter spawns anymore cause there's a fuckton of locked ladas/atvs scattered around the map.

In a server that has no missions (which i find the best for base/clan warfare), not having choppers spawning screw everyone up, as there's just no way to make gold apart from that and getting killed on NWAF.

Missions should be limited to cinder blocks or gold supply drops, with AI around that drop no weapons when killed.

UpUntilDawn's DayZ Epoch Server 
DayZ Epoch Server IP - 216.244.83.194:5302

UpUntilDawn (UUD) have recently bought a DayZ Epoch server and we're now looking for new players of all kinds.
We have currently spent $270 on a 50 slot server with payed addons and still upgrading for our players immersion and convenience. 
Our following Addons are:
  • Trader City Safezones (Seriously we had to pay to make it so players can't be killed in a Trader Zone...)
  • DayZ Missions
  • Vehicle Towing and Heli-Lifting
  • Remove Parts from Vehicles (This expands the 'Salvage' options)
  • Snap-Building
  • House and Street Lighting
  • Care Packages
  • Crowbar Knockout System
  • Tent Sleep Healing
  • Epoch Repair, Refuel and Rearm
  • Epoch Infected Camps
  • Take Clothing
  • JAEM-[Just another Evac-Chopper Mod] (Seriously, this is awesome take a look - 
    )
  • Remove Street Objects (This is just to increase frame rate and Bugs occurring inside Large towns Like Elektrozavodsk and Chernogorsk, also so it doesn't wreck your vehicles when trash don't render in fast enough and kill you and/or make you lose your Gear)
  • Anti Hacking Software and Systems
We are trying to prioritize  addons that are in the best interest for our players.

Our server is almost always being monitored by admins from America and England, and an admin can always be contacted on our TeamSpeak server (You can get our TeamSpeak when joining the server, This is just to keep our TeamSpeak slots open for people who need help or just to chat with other people on the server). 
Bans are ALWAYS a final resort (This does NOT apply to Hackers/Scripters or Exploiters). Admins will try their best to keep records of conversations between players and Admins so both sides can have copies if required.) 
We take un-necessary abuse such as Racist, Homophobic or Offensive remarks VERY seriously, this does not include being killed by a bandit (This is a play style not Abuse).
Our Admins do NOT use their Powers for personal use (We are very select with our admins and we can ensure no Admin abuse), Admins only use their Powers to assist or help other players with in-game issues.

**We ask all members of UUD to be as helpful and Un-bandit like as possible, however please keep in mind that we do not own the members of UUD and they can play how ever they like, just like the rest of our players on the server.**

All Donations go towards upgrading/maintaining the DayZ server with more addons, slots or the monthly payment.
Donator's will be given 'Priority User' on TeamSpeak which guarantees you a slot in the TeamSpeak server, and some modest in-game items that will not effect other players but will help you no matter how geared you are.

We hope you try out our server and Enjoy your stay!
You can find our server by Filtering: UpUntilDawn on DayZ Commander or Play withSIX
Or you can Join Directly with our IP: 216.244.83.194:5302

• 2 weeks later...

I run my server with a sense of realism. Do I think in a real life situation you can blood bag yourself? Of course you can! I do have safe traders but only 100meters away from trade city. Do I TP people or anything like that? Nope! Unless you have a glitch, I don't get involved. My Ai are some of the hardest out there, and its about survival.

• 2 weeks later...

108.62.62.34:2302

Search for "Die Well"

I run a Hardcore Survival Server - no help, no safezones, no AI (at this time).  I don't restock the traders, so players drive the economy by selling and bartering.

I've added a few vehicles and weapons, but nothing unbalanced, and I encourage as much pvp as possible.  Check it out. 

I've got some features going, mostly centered around base building.  Players group up or don't, kind of just let human nature create the drama for them.

Cheers,

Regicyde

I've have just made a new server which has the latest antihacks by inifiSTAR with anti DDOS protection

The AI are very smart and the zombies are relentless.

My server isn't the most populated at the moment but give it a week and we'll have 30+ players

You can search for "EnfluxGaming"

Server IP for DayZ Commander: 37.220.21.66:2602

Teamspeak IP Address: tseu4.vilayer.com:9996

• 4 weeks later...

Go play on a PVE only server.  God help me for even suggesting PVE.  The online gaming community seems to like "easy-mode".  Sad a new generation of "sissies" are emerging on the scene.  

*ranting OFF*

people would kill all AI and players from 800m+ in stary. on the other traders, a m4SD would be enough to kill all AI undetected then slaughter the players.

Destroyable bases with high prices will only create a massive deathmatch where people wont even care to build a base, will only get a safe, hide it on the woods of elektro/cherno and pvp all day.

Trying to make epoch "hardcore" will just make people stop playing it. No one likes to get frustrated and lose everything they have just cause people think this is 'hardcore'.

Not adding missions and keep helicopter spawns low (vehicles need to spawn, and need repairing) already makes it hardcore enough.

Go play on a PVE only server.  God help me for even suggesting PVE.  The online gaming community seems to like "easy-mode".  Sad a new generation of "sissies" are emerging on the scene.  

*ranting OFF*

Just because people like to play the game differently than you, doesn't mean you need to disparage them. I'm sure there's plenty of people that are hardcore original Dayz players that would call you a sissie for playing Epoch. We should all recognize the fact that in a game as moddable at Arma 2, there will be many different types of games to play and no one type is the all-inclusive answer to how the game should be played.