LAV25 M242 main gun ammo?

Krieger

I've recently added the LAV25 to my Epoch server, but I have been having issues adding the ammo for M242 Bushmaster. I have been able to add the ammo to the traders, and I can buy it and it is loadable into the LAV, however, the magazines to not show up in my inventory. And not just blank spaces like with the Angel cookies, but just not showing up at all. Any information on how to add this ammo in game would be much appreciated.

You could try adding the Service Point script to the fuel stations and try to re-arm it there for gold.  see if that works,  might be a work around to add it to the server with out adding it to the traders this way if you add other vehicles people can still "buy" ammo for them but you wont need to go through the hassle of adding each vehicles different types of ammo to the traders.  Its what i do on my server and this way people refuel for free, repair for gold and re-arm for gold.  Just be sure to hop in the gunners seat to re-arm it. 

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3935-release-vehicle-service-point-refuel-repair-rearm-script/

"All credit goes to  Axe Cop for the script above"

Thanks for the helpful tips Vampire, Freak and RipSaw, I suspected that the ammo hadn't been linked to a CfgMagazines entry or a model, hopefully it is added soon because I think that may be beyond be scripting abilities.

Defenting, I did add all the ammo to trader_data with proper scripting (not trader_items), but interestingly enough the ammo doesn't match Arma 2. The Epoch ammo is 210Rnd_25mm_M242_APFSDS-T, and 210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI-T, rather than 210Rnd_25mm_M242_APDS and 210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI respectively. When its entered in this format it is usable, just not visible.

Thanks for the helpful tips Vampire, Freak and RipSaw, I suspected that the ammo hadn't been linked to a CfgMagazines entry or a model, hopefully it is added soon because I think that may be beyond be scripting abilities.

Defenting, I did add all the ammo to trader_data with proper scripting (not trader_items), but interestingly enough the ammo doesn't match Arma 2. The Epoch ammo is 210Rnd_25mm_M242_APFSDS-T, and 210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI-T, rather than 210Rnd_25mm_M242_APDS and 210Rnd_25mm_M242_HEI respectively. When its entered in this format it is usable, just not visible.

Krieger,

We ran into this problem when we militarized our server.  There are two solutions to this problem:

1. Add service points and set all vehicles to empty ammo on spawn/restart/purchase and force users to use re-arm points if they want to fire their guns

2. Add service points and set all vehicles to low ammo on spawn/restart/purchase.  This is what we went with as solution #1 limits vehicle use in comat. In other words, when vehicles spawn empty, nobody uses them, making the server boring.

If you need help getting the service points working with gunner/driver vehicles see here