Safes inaccessible after unlock

Tobias Solem

Question

Make sure you are using the most recent fn_selfActions.sqf as well as compiles.sqf

We have never modified those, since we run pretty much a clean vanilla Epoch. So doubt it's related to that. The only modifications we have done are done in the mission pbo (logo, zombie count, loot tables (removed M107)  and added some UN drops in server pbo for events).

Client files are unmodified.

* Upgraded to 1.0.4.1 

* Changed to the new server/mission pbo

Error:

(Verified with several different users & safes), the safes aren't accessible after unlocking, and after relog they act as if you never unlocked them in the first place.

Same here

Very same here. After adding !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" to the exceptions, the kicks are gone, but after unlocking you cannot interact with it, or any other safes.

A friend tried the same safe and got the message "the safe is already being looted" or something simular.

Very same here. After adding !="PVDZE_obj_getlocalVars" !="PVDZE_obj_setlocalVars" to the exceptions, the kicks are gone, but after unlocking you cannot interact with it, or any other safes.

A friend tried the same safe and got the message "the safe is already being looted" or something simular.

Make sure you didn't screw up your fn_selfactions.sqf when adding additional scripts to your server. Add every script one-by-one to make sure everything else works.

I didn't have any of the mentioned issues on this thread. The Battleye kicks were the only issue i had.

Here the same Problem. No one is able to look in safes gear after they unlocked it. Second problem is, that after the unlock, we are not able to craft anything. a messages pops out, that i am still in "buildingaction". We have 1.0.4.1 and i updated the fn_selfaction and the player_build.sqf from the selfblood and takeclothesscript. We have installed the indestructibal base script with part 1 and 2. Could this be the problem in the dayz_server.pbo?

So i have the same issue on my server. Here is what i did to test it.

Did a clean install to vanilla and began to add one mod at a time making sure I didn't do any typos. (this is not my first time setting up a server so i know where the do's and don't are)

This is my normal procedure whan i upgrade our server and it have never been an issue.

So after editing all the files i started the server and every thing looked good. No errors in RPT either Server or Client side.

Next thing i did was testing some of the mods and they looked fine so i upgraded our community servers and opened up for players to join. and the all promptly complained about not being able to get into safes. so i reverted back to 1.0.4 and did some more testing on our test/upgrade server.

First I tried to get into a safe myself, without any luck. I could enter the combo just fine but i didn't get any "Gear" option. neither did i get any option to unlock vehicles or any other scroll menu (except gears on cars that were locked or the full car menu if it was a car without key. So i tested if i could build anything, and funny enough i couldn't, just got the message "Build Already In Progress". Now i thought it might be due to the snapping addon i'm using, so i reverted back to the original player_build.sqf file in the compiles.sqf and tried again, without any luck. i thought then that i might be the communication with the SQL so I tested to enter the code wrongly and i told me that the code was wrong, this i could keep doing. So i tried to enter the correct code and now i was back in the "build Already in progress" and couldn't enter anything and most of my fn_selfaction options were gone.

So i tried to build some stuff with and without snapping enabled and it works just fine. so i build a plot pole, then a lockbox and then a safe. without any problems. but as soon as i unlocked the lockbox (didn't need to type code for some reason right after i build it) I couldn't get into gear on it and i didn't get the option to unlock safe. this was tested with and without snapping

So my conclusion is that everything works until you try and unlock a lockbox or safe, then you are screwed. haven't tested with a pure vanilla, this is the next thing i have to do.