Graphical Spawn Select for Taviana

Darce

Hi I have done the install for taviana map all works well but when I changed it so no spawn on beach it not work now for some reason. Any advice would be awesome. I have checked paths and stuff all good their. Not sure what happening when I turn off spawn on beach.

Thought I'd share the Spawn select routine I use on my server.  It's much the same as the other spawn select scripts floating around, just prettier :)

https://github.com/Gezzunder/Spawn-select

Hope it's useful.

server wont load. I am getting an RPT error 

anyone get this working with Hogscraper's Advanced Alchemical Crafting ???

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Napf\custom\Buildables\Crafting_Defines.hpp, line 32: .RscButton: Member already defined.

line 32                        

#define CT_LISTNBOX 102

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know its been a while since anyone had posted, But for S&Gs:

In init.sqf comment out the antihack part. (If you tp with infistar you have already done this)

If using infistar go into the config and turn the anti teleport to false.

Also helps to set spawn distance quite low in init.sqf.  Mine is:  spawnArea = 350; // Default = 1500

Works fine for me.  Though it seems close still has the ability to put 700m between players, and it seems that its usually the PVPers that go for the spawn select servers anyway. =]

And for those who choose random, it has an override function to set it to 1000 or 1500, dont remember exactly since i modified mine.

yea, turning it off in infistar does seem a bit iffy. But if you read after the comment, the only thing the function does is tp them back to origin and log it, so to catch them you still have to check the logs. 

Odds are, if they are maliciously teleporting, they will do many other things that it will kick, prompt, and ban for.

yea, turning it off in infistar does seem a bit iffy. But if you read after the comment, the only thing the function does is tp them back to origin and log it, so to catch them you still have to check the logs. 

Odds are, if they are maliciously teleporting, they will do many other things that it will kick, prompt, and ban for.

player setPosATL _pos;
player setVariable['AH_pos',[0,_pos],true];

try to add the second line ( edit to whatever the code looks like ofcourse)

Looked at the code, try:

if (!_isZero) then {
	player setPosATL _position;
        player setVariable['AH_pos',[0,_position],true];
};

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to update the graphic for the additional landmasses of Taviana 2.0 since I haven't found an updated .paa file yet.  I also like what Gr8Bio posted that ghostz gamerz created that has a topographical map feel to it.  

How do you capture the map in order to generate the picture?  Screenshot of the map view while in-game?  Since you generated a .png file, I'm assuming you did some of it in Photoshop somewhere along the way. Probably to get the resolution and size correct for the script?

Thanks,
Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

server wont load. I am getting an RPT error 

anyone get this working with Hogscraper's Advanced Alchemical Crafting ???

ErrorMessage: File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Napf\custom\Buildables\Crafting_Defines.hpp, line 32: .RscButton: Member already defined.

line 32                        

#define CT_LISTNBOX 102

Hey mate did you find a fix for this??

i also have the same prob with adding the same addon