Re-Worked WAI 0.173 - Supported System

arma 125548 / epoch 1051

Okay, even though we managed to get rid of any error or warning this script produces after 1501, we still have an issue with units not despawning.

Bandit base:

• The Humvee M2 does not despawn if the mission has not been done in time
  • After mission despawns the area still triggers the para drop to come in

Ikea Mission:

• After mission despawns the area still triggers the para drop to come in

Anyone already found a fix for this?

--

Also ideally, if a mission has not been done in time i'd like that not only the alive bandits weapon crates despawn, but also the M2 machine guns and any buildings placed by the mission.

Okay i'll try to find something, but my sqf skills are pretty much non-existent.

Just got another problem reported -> mounted bandits on the 50 cals are sometimes invisible. Confirmed myself. No errors in RPT, gotta fix it, cause i dont want to have to take WAI off :(

Okay i'll try to find something, but my sqf skills are pretty much non-existent.

Just got another problem reported -> mounted bandits on the 50 cals are sometimes invisible. Confirmed myself. No errors in RPT, gotta fix it, cause i dont want to have to take WAI off :(

Yeah I had the same problem mate, I just commented out the lines that add in the M2's.

Open all the files inside WAI\missions\missions and search for any reference to M2Static then place a // in front of every line like below.

//Turrets
//[[[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) + 10, 0]], //position(s) (can be multiple).
//"M2StaticMG",             //Classname of turret
//0.8,  //Skill level 0-1. Has no effect if using custom skills
//"Ins_Soldier_Sapper",          //Skin "" for random or classname here.
//1,  //Primary gun set number. "Random" for random weapon set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
//2,  //Number of magazines. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
//"",  //Backpack "" for random or classname here. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
//"Random",  //Gearset number. "Random" for random gear set. (not needed if ai_static_useweapon = False)
//True  // Mission true or false
//] call spawn_static;

Or if the same thing is in a single line like on some of the mission files just comment in front of that line like below.

//Turrets
//[[[(_position select 0) - 10, (_position select 1) + 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.8,"FR_OHara_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;
//[[[(_position select 0) + 10, (_position select 1) - 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.8,"FR_OHara_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;
//[[[(_position select 0) + 10, (_position select 1) + 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.8,"FR_OHara_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;
//[[[(_position select 0) - 10, (_position select 1) - 10, 0]],"M2StaticMG",0.8,"FR_OHara_DZ",1,2,"","Random",true] call spawn_static;

Once there's a solution to it you can just go in and remove the comment marks //

To keep them challenging I just added the MAAWS, Stinger and AS50 with some ammo for each to the random weapons they can have, makes it interesting flying or driving near them ;)

Took a quick peek at the missions. Some of them use non-Epoch skins so you need to make sure they're added to variables.sqf in the allowed skins array, or AI configured with them won't spawn:

AllPlayers = [...]

Took a quick peek at the missions. Some of them use non-Epoch skins so you need to make sure they're added to variables.sqf in the allowed skins array, or AI configured with them won't spawn:

AllPlayers = [...]

This is not it. All the M2 skins are static and listed inside the variables.sqf. Also sometimes the same skin shows, and sometimes it doesn't.

--

@Havoc: Not willing to take away the M2, but i'm thinking about adding some smaaws to make some missions more of a challenge :)

I use the other version of WAI and I've also seen invisible turret gunners, but only a handful of times over a long period. Seemed like it was due to some sort of desync as they would spawn in eventually.

Have you seen it happen on all missions with M2 turrets? 

Could be desync, but server running at steady 50FPS. Its been reported on multiple different missions.

First time it got reported (player saying there was definately no 50 cals on location and he got killed by something) i just went (drove) over there in my vodnik to inspect. When i got there the i immediately saw the 50 cal and he shot my vodnik and me to pieces. Figured he had just overlooked the M2. But when i spawned back in and teleported with admin mode on, i did no longer see anyone on the 50 cal, however i did see that it was turning and shooting at me. Shooting at the position the player normally is in i managed to kill him and when i did he did appear dead on the ground.

It's a weird issue, might be a glitched skin or something, might be desync. I don't know.

--

Just finished cleaning up most of the code. Pretty sure that fixes my first issues and it just might fix this weird invisible mounted gunner issue as well.

Yeah my server runs a steady 50+ FPS and I've also seen this on my test server as well which is run local here at home, so no chance for desync when I'm only traversing a LAN and it's given more resources than ARMA can even use.

hiya just a quick question i had to reinstall my server package due to the steam move and my mission ai.. basically are dumb and stand there waiting to be shot i was looking through the messages and see the changing the ai behaviour to hunt down a known target aka player and wanted to ask is what i am bout to do correct..

aiconfig.sql currently is

/// Sets behavior of AI groups 

ai_combatmode = "RED";
ai_behaviour = "STEALTH";

if i change that too.

_unitGroup allowFleeing 0;
_unitGroup setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_unitGroup setCombatMode "RED";

should than make them more aggressive and hunt a player down?

any help on this would be appreciated :)
john

hiya just a quick question i had to reinstall my server package due to the steam move and my mission ai.. basically are dumb and stand there waiting to be shot i was looking through the messages and see the changing the ai behaviour to hunt down a known target aka player and wanted to ask is what i am bout to do correct..

aiconfig.sql currently is

ai_combatmode = "RED";

if i change that too.

_unitGroup allowFleeing 0;
_unitGroup setBehaviour "CARELESS";
_unitGroup setCombatMode "RED";

should than make them more aggressive and hunt a player down?

any help on this would be appreciated  :)
john

ai_combatmode = "RED";

Those are your most aggressive settings.

You may want to look at the custom skill arrays and adjust those to toughen them up a bit. 1.00 being the highest skill setting which will be KOS headshot. Work your way up from about 0.65 to your liking.

Could be desync, but server running at steady 50FPS. Its been reported on multiple different missions.

First time it got reported (player saying there was definately no 50 cals on location and he got killed by something) i just went (drove) over there in my vodnik to inspect. When i got there the i immediately saw the 50 cal and he shot my vodnik and me to pieces. Figured he had just overlooked the M2. But when i spawned back in and teleported with admin mode on, i did no longer see anyone on the 50 cal, however i did see that it was turning and shooting at me. Shooting at the position the player normally is in i managed to kill him and when i did he did appear dead on the ground.

It's a weird issue, might be a glitched skin or something, might be desync. I don't know.

--

Just finished cleaning up most of the code. Pretty sure that fixes my first issues and it just might fix this weird invisible mounted gunner issue as well.

Okay since then i haven't spotted any more invisible gunners and i actually managed to fix some other stuff like the helicopter spawning in even after mission has ended uncompleted.

I placed my WAI files on github: https://github.com/f3cuk/WAI-ZOMBIELAND if anyone is interested in what i did to fix stuff.

--

P.S. Remember i'm a total SQF noob and probably did some unconventional shit, but it seems to work for me xD Willing to learn so if you spot messed up shit please tell so.

So using the Wicked AI system script(s) that I have installed inside of my server files i'm trying to create a custom weapon Cache that spawns in my own predifined items. I'm succuesfull in getting the weapon caches to spawn, and by default gear spawns in them because they are using the "ExtraLargeGunBox.sqf" to fill loot inside of them everytime one of them is created. I have modied the script where the gun boxes are created so instead of the code calling "ExtraLargeGunBox.sqf" each time one is created, I call a custom created sqf file by me that fills each box with unique gear to that box. Here is "StaticAmmoBoxes.sqf" where I am creating the boxes at their locations and calloing seperate scripts for each to fill them with gear;

/* Add ammmo boxes to static locations on map and fills it with loot from missionCfg.sqf

creates a ammo box at [0,0,0] then fills it

_box = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[0,0,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_box] call spawn_ammo_box;

creates a 2nd ammo box at [1,1,1] then fills it

_box2 = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[1,1,1], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_box2] call spawn_ammo_box;

add custom ammo boxes below this line
*/

/* SECTOR B CUSTOM BOXES */
_box = createVehicle ["BAF_VehicleBox",[6643.02,14211.9,0.00164795], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"]; /*SECTOR B WEAPON SUPPLY BOX*/
[_box] call Sector_B_Weapons;
As you can see I call Sector_B_Weapons, inside of that script i have;
//Extra Large Gun Box

_box = _this select 0;
_box setVariable ["ObjectID","1",true];
_box setVariable ["permaLoot",true];
PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor set [count PVDZE_serverObjectMonitor,_box];

clearWeaponCargoGlobal _box;
clearMagazineCargoGlobal _box;

// GUNS
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M4A1_AIM_camo", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Pecheneg", 2];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["MG36", 2];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["RPG7V", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Mk_48_DES_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["DMR", 3];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M249_DZ", 2];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["RH_m14", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["RH_m1stsp", 2];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["BAF_AS50_scoped", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M60A4_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["BAF_AS50_TWS", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["Mk48_DES_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M249_TWS_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M110_TWS_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["M110_NVG_EP1", 1];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["USSR_cheytacM200_sd", 1];

// AMMO
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 40];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x54_PK", 6];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag", 6];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["PG7V", 2];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["20Rnd_762x51_DMR", 16];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["200Rnd_556x45_M249", 16];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["5Rnd_127x99_AS50", 14];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x51_M240", 10];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR", 8];
_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["USSR_5Rnd_408", 8];

//BACKPACKS
_box addBackpackCargoGlobal ["DZ_LargeGunBag_EP1", 3];

But for some reason when I go in-game the box instead spawns 50x M240 Rnds and 50x M249 Rnds. In matter of fact these same two items spawn in every custom box that I create and fill with custom loot on the map, is there a reason for this and could anyone have any idea as of what I am doing wrong here?

Thanks.

// AMMO

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_556x45_Stanag", 40];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x54_PK", 6];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_556x45_BetaCMag", 6];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["PG7V", 2];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["20Rnd_762x51_DMR", 16];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["200Rnd_556x45_M249", 16];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["5Rnd_127x99_AS50", 14];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["100Rnd_762x51_M240", 10];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["20Rnd_762x51_B_SCAR", 8];

_box addWeaponCargoGlobal ["USSR_5Rnd_408", 8];

Isn't it addMagazineCargoGlobal where you have addWeaponCargoGlobal??

Ok and how would one go about doing that? I couldn't find where it gets it's location data from. I'd much prefer if I could just set a fixed central point and a radius within which to spawn them but maybe that's too hard, I know the DZMS has it though.

DZMS also has definable exclusion zones as well.

I know there is, read about it on these forums somewhere. Just cant seem to find it :S

--

For anyone interested. I've done a major code overhaul on this mod. Fixing bugs and enhancing other stuff.

Things i've done include:

• Customized loot;
  • Tried to nerve the 50 cals a bit, making them less accurate;
  • Improved weapons (removed all the non-sellable);
  • Improved vehicles;
  • Changed skill settings;
  • Randomized clothes;
  • Fixed some missions;
  • Removed the C130 mission cause i cant seem to fix the glitching;
  • Removed EMS cache cause its the same as Weapon cache;
  • Dynamic loot on Weapon cache missions;
  • Fixed the heli para backpack issue;
  • Fixed the heli para spawning in after the mission has already been done;

And probably a lot more that i can't remember. Most of the work on this i've done yesterday and i only played about 3-4 hours with it, so it needs a little more testing for it to be confirmed stable. Anyone interested in this can find the code over on Github (https://github.com/f3cuk/WAI-ZOMBIELAND).

Ok and how would one go about doing that? I couldn't find where it gets it's location data from. I'd much prefer if I could just set a fixed central point and a radius within which to spawn them but maybe that's too hard, I know the DZMS has it though.

DZMS also has definable exclusion zones as well.

At the top of each mission you have the following :

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,2500,10,0,200,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Change to

_positionarray = [[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0]];
_position = _positionarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Obviously change the position where you want them :) have set missions in set locations or give them all the same array, It will choose 1 randomly.

• Removed the C130 mission cause i cant seem to fix the glitching;

Just change the heli wreck model. Problem solved :)

Which one? Can only find the "C130J_wreck_EP1" which is glitched. May have found another way to fix it though, gotta test it.

At the top of each mission you have the following :

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,2500,10,0,200,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Change to

_positionarray = [[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0],[111.222, 333.444,0]];
_position = _positionarray call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

Obviously change the position where you want them :) have set missions in set locations or give them all the same array, It will choose 1 randomly.

Awesome thanks man!