Re-Worked WAI 0.173 - Supported System

hi im new here and new to scripting, i currently have this workig on my server and works fantastically, but i see the building in the mayor mission " Land_A_Villa_EP1" now i wanted to add that into a town on my server but the game editor (and jon editor) dont seem to have it anyone know how i can get this onto the editor or a way to add it into a town ?

Cant believe it, but just cant run this on 1.0.4b. I think i've tried everything, and i know its fun, when the only thing you need to do is paste 1 folded and add a single line of code.
Lets head to the embarassing part - could somebody post pure working 1.0.4b .pbo with working missions?

Cant believe it, but just cant run this on 1.0.4b. I think i've tried everything, and i know its fun, when the only thing you need to do is paste 1 folded and add a single line of code.

Lets head to the embarassing part - could somebody post pure working 1.0.4b .pbo with working missions?

Does your RPT log show any errors? Search for "WAI:" in the log. If there is nothing in the log with that, then WAI isn't even loading.

hi im new here and new to scripting, i currently have this workig on my server and works fantastically, but i see the building in the mayor mission " Land_A_Villa_EP1" now i wanted to add that into a town on my server but the game editor (and jon editor) dont seem to have it anyone know how i can get this onto the editor or a way to add it into a town ?

Read it has all the info you need.

Send me your server.pbo and i'll add it, I won't make this a regular thing for everyone though, i'm in a good mood atm :p

I'm sure its on here somewhere but must be missing it....
When the mission times out, how do i make the Ai disappear too? Players are complaining about bases being attacked 2000meters from mission spot....

I'm also sure this is on here some where too... RHIB patrols and paradrops with MV22/C130's look awesome too. Planes don't despawn, but oh well...

Players don't like the stinger pods at missions.....

I'm sure its on here somewhere but must be missing it....

When the mission times out, how do i make the Ai disappear too? Players are complaining about bases being attacked 2000meters from mission spot....

I'm also sure this is on here some where too... RHIB patrols and paradrops with MV22/C130's look awesome too. Planes don't despawn, but oh well...

Players don't like the stinger pods at missions.....

There are stinger pods at missions? I've gone through all the mission files and haven't seen those.

Unfortunately its a feature i do not want as it spams the map with vehicles  ;) is there some way to disable it?

Nekuan it is unlikely it spams the map with vehicles and there are a couple of reasons for this:

1. You have a plus and minus effect of vehicles being destroyed, sold etc plus vehicles are only published when players get close to them so many vehicles spawned in will be deleted. 
  2. The server automatically checks for and will delete excess vehicles. 

So you should not go over your total vehicle limit set by default or in the mission ini.sqf. But it is a fundamental feature of the missions system and I doubt it will be removed. 

BetterZedthenDead 

I've made changes to fix the medical tent issue in the MV22 mission. I've also will added to the cleanup to delete the tent on time out and will be doing so with other missions. 

I'm having troubles with my DZAI/WAI, nothing of it is working, i mean i've allowed the connection on both, but it just wont show up with the missions and i can't figure out why, but i've set Static and Dynmaic spawn on DZAI to False, but i wouldn't think that should do anything like that, can someone please help, because i can't make it work

I would guess it is set up incorrectly, please check your server rpt log as both WAI and DAYZAI have diagnostic logs that are posted to the rpt. 

DZAI does it. Surely it can't be hard?

As does Sarge and yes it is a bit more involved than a simple yes or no statement but will look into it. 

Does the M2 gunner kill all of the other AI?

I've done around 20 hours of testing and not encountered this.  So I would say no. Anything peculiar in the rpt? custom changes in specific mission? Version in use? Other AI about?

I thought I read somewhere that someone had code to make the buildings find more suitable terrain and self level.. i could be wrong

Generally find safe position should be doing this but like you,  on Panthera, occasionally we will get buildings that are level at one point on the model but floating at others. It happens with larger models like the villa most of the time. Most buildings have an extra bit that is under ground level (you can see this next time you place a storage shed) but on particularly uneven ground it will never sit correctly. 

And btw there is a mistake in weapon cache mission file. Not a big but two mistakes when you successfuly taking mission or time is out notice writes wepaoncache.

Made changes on github will be on next update.

Anyone had players reporting the AI shooting through trees/buildings? Few players have mentioned it on my server.

Most likely bullet penetration. 

would you change that to 1.0 or 100, to spawn them with full fuel

Usually it is given as a decimal where 1.0 = 100%. try that in the meantime. 

Any help appreciated guys, if you have a problem please post it in the following format:

• Epoch version number
  • WAI version number
  • Issue type: I.E Mission error, startup error, other
  • Describe the problem, check your rpt and post relevant error codes (if it repeats copy it once)

Please skim through this topic as your answer may already have been posted. Cheers!

A quick answer to AI shooting through walls and buildings. 

I once heard that calling the buildings server side will solve this issue. If you have your extra buildings in the client files this will happen. Again I have not tested this but I have read this some where. 

Maybe this is the issue for AI shooting through buildings? 

A quick answer to AI shooting through walls and buildings. 

I once heard that calling the buildings server side will solve this issue. If you have your extra buildings in the client files this will happen. Again I have not tested this but I have read this some where. 

Maybe this is the issue for AI shooting through buildings? 

That is correct, why would anyone load cutom buildings in the mission file anyway ? makes no sense.

Follow up on a previous post (was reminded by a user I hadn't posted this yet, thx)

To fix the mission from spawing inside of player bases you will need the following code, place it in the mission sqf's where the following line is at. You can comment out the line or overwrite it.

_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

Don't forget to add _needsrelocated and _istoomany to the private section at the top of the sqf.

_needsrelocated = true;
while {_needsrelocated} do {
_position = [getMarkerPos "center",0,5500,10,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;
_istoomany = _position nearObjects ["AllVehicles",500];
if((count _istoomany) == 0) then { _needsrelocated = false; };
};

That is correct, why would anyone load cutom buildings in the mission file anyway ? makes no sense.

I used to to, its easier to update that way but recent changes it would seem make loading crates and vehicles through the mission file not to work so its a mute point I moved to server side. Even moving them server side may not be a total fix for that particular issue although DayZAI does check to prevent it. 

Some buildings have suspect models where bullets pass right through them, others won't stop larger caliber rounds. An example of this is the yellow L-shaped bungalow. The middle room in this house AI and zombies can't see into through the door way and you can't shoot out or in. But the wall on the left side of the room can be shot through and seen through. Sometimes the arma engine is a bit flakey this way. 

Lancer that is great thank you, i was thinking of this while testing at the weekend. I would probably set all vehicles to the plot pole though.

Thanks for the answer Firefly I'll be monitoring that ;D 

No problem I have been monitoring my rpt to check vehicle numbers and it seems to be quite stable.