vehicle keys

Achmed

How are the vehicle keys done in the database?

I have a player who suffered a glitch and died from it loosing his keys.

Im wanting to see about adding the key back in the database but cant work out how the number is related to the vehicle

• 1 month later...

You're better as a moderator to turn off the keys all together and rebind the vehicles to the player guid by commenting out the key process in the self fnc sqf.

If you decide to keep the keys it's easier and smarter to bind the player uid to the vehicle than to start handing out gold.

I got 5 requests a day to replace keys cause they "lost" it. Moved to uid binding at purchase and nothing...so nice

how would you go about binding the player UID to vehicles and removing the keys? im sick of working out what one of my 5 yellow keys belong to what vehicle.

im a complete noob at this so i wouldnt really know what i am doing but i have managed to do things if i have the correct instructions in front of me

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if its still of interest - but here is the way to recover a lost key:

1. Go into MySQL database and look up the vehicle id. Table is Object_DATA, field is charcterID

2. Search for that ID in the attached key definition list. So you find out the key id connected to that respective character ID.

(You can get the list HERE)

3. Place the respective key in the respective players inventory via MySQL character_DATA table.

Example:

Character ID of vehicle is 8126. When you look up that in the list you see that a yellow key with the ID "ItemKeyYellow626" is tied to character ID 8126. Place that key in the players inventory and that was it.

Doesn't solve the problem of knowing which of my yellow keys I will have to use for a certain vehicle though.

Would be better if the key ID (i.e. 626) or the respective vehicle ID (i.e. 8126), ideally together with the vehicles name (i.e. SUV Blue) would be displayed with the key in inventory.

But I am sure that problem will be adressed by the developers sooner or later ;-)

As a service to our regular players we have offered to consolidate their keys in the database. They identify all their owned vehicles, we isolate the Vehicle ID of one of their keys, then change all of their owned vehicles to that one Vehicle ID. Done and done, one key to open all of their vehicles! I tell them to make multiple copies of that key and put them in their safe, as I won't replace lost keys anymore. If they do buy a new vehicle, they shoot me an email and I switch that vehicle as well.

It has actually reduced the amount of work my admins do since implementing this system.

Note: You do need a restart of the server for it to take effect.

Anyone else having issues with keys just going missing off your tool belt? This was reported to me on the server I am an admin on but had never happened to me so thought they just dropped it. Unfortunately my LAV 25 key just disappeared on my own server. 

I was wondering if the multiple logging out I was doing caused it. Usually we don't replace keys or gold for vehicles but ask people to use the keymaker. 

• 2 weeks later...

Firefly,

Let me ask you this. Are you using dayz.st as your hosting company?

I can't speak for all but when you use dayz.st's map admin tool. If you click on the player and add items to the inventory screen it will delete any items it doesn't understand.

Crowbar, Masterlock kit, and all keys from your tool-belt.

It took me several lost crowbars and a few missing keys to figure this out.

If you are using this tool to add weapon, ammo, food, and supplies, simply place all the "un-registered" items listed above into your backpack before using the dayz.st map tool.

As a general rule, if you see a question mark in the inventory list, it means the editor doesn't understand it and it will delete it on save.

Eisaak

• 3 weeks later...

Hey :) Following on from your post, how possible would it be to keep the keys, but exempt the vehicle owner from needing one? - This way they can give out keys to their friends, but don't need one themselves.

You're better as a moderator to turn off the keys all together and rebind the vehicles to the player guid by commenting out the key process in the self fnc sqf.
If you decide to keep the keys it's easier and smarter to bind the player uid to the vehicle than to start handing out gold.
I got 5 requests a day to replace keys cause they "lost" it. Moved to uid binding at purchase and nothing...so nice

• 1 month later...