Rocket you have my beans!

vbawol

We all bought the game as we want to support the development of DayZ. I have played it for a few hours and must say it has real potential but is buggy.

Rocket even states:

WARNING: THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS 

It's a bit rough around the edges, but it definitely has potential. I think with the alpha finally out, that has to be a major relief there at the office. Hopefully because of that and with the majority of people distracted now with the alpha, they can churn out some nice updates, smooth out some of the more annoying bugs, and push forward steadily. I didn't run into any real serious bugs beyond the unconscious one. I made zero progress over a 8 hour session because I kept randomly going unconscious. Must have been 10+ times, but still looked beyond those. Much fun to be had.

I bought it, and I will be regularly Alpha testing DayZ SA when I get back, bug hunting, gameplay limitations e.t.c just doing my part in a game that has done so much for me, and of course lead to Epoch! But there is only so much work you can do. I look forward to kicking it on Epoch to chill out and have fun :) First step when I get back is build a new house! My server has been reset since I left so I'm thinking nice warm little shack out in the woods somewhere central south, there is a few nice places I have in mind where a small structure could go unnoticed, just got to make sure I find a place to stash my pickup somewhere nearby. I love the grit and adrenaline you get in DayZ but the more available gameplay options in Epoch keep me coming back for more!

Yeah I am not sure how the loot works as well because at night I found loads of food/ water and now at day nothing in whole Balota / apartments.  The Thirst/ Hungry messages are quite annoying to be honest. You spawn in, run 5 meters, "I am feeling hungry". Sigh

Looks like they already have a patch coming in that limits those messages, and adds a placeholder for the visual aids. Also seems to be some type of fix to help fend off the unconscious happening so quickly. So they are moving right along on smashing those main issues.

It's quite awesome and after reading these tips for new players:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t23cw/dayz_tip_thread/

and this information about the hunger system to avoid the annoying tamagotchi spam:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1t4l5f/is_current_hungerthirst_model_just_misunderstood/

It's quite the pleasant/impressive game. Too bad i have a job and never get to play during daylight because of that. But i hope that changes soon enough :) (*edit i meanth serversettings for daylight lol not losing my job)

Some screenshots of our first ventures into chernarusplus:

taking a rest to get rid of the tamagotchi spam/nagging ;)
n7tAoiB.jpg

Dat haircut!?
uUC02Dw.jpg

Gear after a small round through balota/cherno :)
ZgOdIsJ.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This is the part of the Steam Page that caught my eye the most...

We estimate that reaching Beta version with all key features present will take more than one year from current stage. All features and plans listed here are subject to change, we may add or remove features as seen fit during development process. 

I purchased the game as to help with the costs of development but I doubt most read it will be 1 year before even a BETA is released, we waited how long already? I'll wait 6 months before attempting to play as the severe lack of content and now the words of "No Mods Allowed" has kinda put me off it. Fancy that. No mods for a game that would be nowhere without mods in the first place.

Epoch is fantastic, I came from Origins which I loved but it was too boring in the end.....no unique servers due to no scripts or changes allowed.

Back to The Dog Pound for me now!

• 4 weeks later...