How Chainsaws are found/work.

Axle

Question

The chainsaw only spawns in farm loot.  As most of you know chainsaws require a mixed fuel, so you will not only need a jerry can but also some 2 cycle mix. Once you have the jerry can and mix you can right click the 2 cycle mix oil and add it to the jerry can.

The jerry can will turn into a mixed fuel jerry can that has 5 fills in it.

Make sure your chainsaw is in your main hand. Right click the mixed fuel and select "fill chainsaw". Once that is done hit the R key to start the chainsaw. You will now have 1000 ammo/fuel in the chainsaw. 

2 cycle mix oil can be found in grocery stores, deer stands, and hunter zombies.

WARNING!!!!!!*
If you log out the fuel that is in the chainsaw will leak out. This is why you get 5 uses out of the mixed fuel jerry can. 

19 answers to this question

Is there a way to nerf the chainsaw I've just seen guys level a forest in minutes? 5k lumber in 8 minutes and its instant lumber surely that's a bit op?

How many people were involved in the forest massacre and how easily did they find the chainsaws?

With the BIG trees offering around 16 wood piles each or 8 lumber, you're looking at 625 or so trees felled in 8 minutes there. 78 trees a minute. I'd expect around 8-10 seconds for each tree selected and then felled personally, which would work out at 7 trees a minute. So, 10-11 people with chainsaws all on high taurine & caffeine intake.

Server admins can adjust where the chainsaw is found, I added ours to deer stands.   Giving the "hunting" places a reason to be visited.

Also added mixed fuel can to farm spawns, what good farmer has a chainsaw and no mixed fuel already on hand.

drop rate for these is still pretty low, but everything is editable in the loot tables. 

I mean it seems kinda strange to have a chainsaw in a farm and absolutely no way to start it without visiting your local supermarket....

Then again I am betting 99% of epoch servers dont have the number of different items spawning as we do.

To add the chainsaw and oil to your building supplies trader run this sql on your DB:

(This is for the standard traders on Chernarus, I'm not sure if this will work with other maps/traders)

INSERT INTO `Traders_DATA` (`item`,`qty`,`buy`,`sell`,`order`,`tid`,`afile`) VALUES
('["ItemMixOil",1]', 1000, '[4,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[2,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 662, 'trade_items'),
('["ItemMixOil",1]', 1000, '[4,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[2,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 530, 'trade_items'),
('["ItemMixOil",1]', 1000, '[4,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]', '[2,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 508, 'trade_items'),
('["ChainSaw",3]', 1000, '[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[5,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 662, 'trade_weapons'),
('["ChainSaw",3]', 1000, '[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[5,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 530, 'trade_weapons'),
('["ChainSaw",3]', 1000, '[1,"ItemBriefcase100oz",1]', '[5,"ItemGoldBar10oz",1]',0, 508, 'trade_weapons')

***SOLVED***

Anyone know which slot you put the docup1 , docup2 etc into? Is it addweaponcargo or addmagazinecargo ?

I'm assuming the chainsaw goes in the weaponcargo already :)

Edit: Ok so docup1, docup2 etc don't work in either addweaponcargo or addmagazinecargo.. Any suggestions ? 

Edit: The guy who posted the original classnames in another thread got it all wrong. The classnames are: 

ItemORP  ,  ItemAVE  ,  ItemLRK  ,  ItemTNK ... So this fills my crates nicely:

_FillCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal  ["ItemORP",1];
_FillCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal  ["ItemAVE",1];
_FillCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal  ["ItemLRK",1];
_FillCrate addMagazineCargoGlobal  ["ItemTNK",1];

ChainSaw (standard, orange), ChainSawB (Blue), ChainSawG (green), ChainSawP (pink), ChainSawR (red)

Thats the classnames, though I get a bin cfgweapon error when people try to buy them from traders, I dunno why.

did you get it solved cuz none of the following posts seem to give an answer on the cfgweapon error, and thats where i am stuck at my self

did you get it solved cuz none of the following posts seem to give an answer on the cfgweapon error, and thats where i am stuck at my self

Yea, I don't get that error anymore. I added them through the Nightmare(?) php trading tool and it seems to work just fine. 

People can buy them and use them without any trouble.

Can not remember if that was the fix to be honest.

Does anyone know the class name for the "2-stroke engine oil".
I am trying to add this to one of my traders but I have a hard time finding the actual ID names for items, if someone would be so kind to tell me where I find this list of all the Items in the game OR just the "2-stroke engine oil" whatever is fine :D