[OLD Release] Custom Chernarus Server Pack 1.2.1 - For Epoch 1.0.1.4 (Development Stopped)

Bungle

Hi,

i migrated the custom server pack to 1.0.1.4 and it does work very well :)

The thing you must keep in mind is that they changed the database layout a bit and you need to run the code they provide.

But if you do that you will lose all your characters etc.. it is like a complete wipe.

I fiddled around and only added the stuff that was new to my db :) @Bungle do you want my edited files ? Would save you a bit of time i guess.

Here you go:

The mission:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78998702/dayz_private_1.epoch.chernarus.pbo

The server:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78998702/dayz_server.pbo

The battleye scripts

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/78998702/battleye.zip

You still need to run the sql script provided by the current epoch server release ( keep in mind the wipe if you just run it ).

If you want to show the admin menu replace the "#####" with your userid in the following files:

admintools\Activate.sqf and admintools\AdminToolsMain.sqf

Regards

traffiq

Hi MiniChiken,

yes there is.

In the SQL Folder of the Update there are two .sql Files ( old and new ).

Just compare them via a diffTool ( Winmerge or something ).

Copy out all "Insert Into" Commands that are not in old and run them on your sql server.

You also need to add the tables that are missing in the "old" file.

Look for lines like "Create table".

What you dont want to have in there are the lines:

"Drop if exists". That are the lines that just throw away everything.

I hope that was enough information :)

I love helpful posts like these. Great community here guys.

Personal twist on Traffiq's advice is to use Notepad++ w/ the compare plugin to compare the two sql files. I think it would be helpful because you'll use the same technique when merging mods and updates into your server files. Doing the same technique the same way each time with the same tool will be good for you.

Ok Guys,

A few things to clear up.

1. This pack is completely separate from the Epoch Mod Itself and is a Server Side Addon Only for server admins to employ if they should choose.

2. The pack will be upgraded the best I can in parallel with the Epoch Mod to add key features not yet available or never to be available in Epoch.

3. This community is awesome!

Database Updates

The SQL Provided in the latest patch seems the run the same as the previous only removing and replacing the server_traders and traders_data areas.

The rest run with a CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS so at a whole the SQL provided in the 1.0.1.4 Release should re-write traders and their data but leave everything else alone correct?

Custom Pack Updates

I have been working with the files from Traffiq and they worked straight of the bat! Thank you so much!

So far its the same pack but there are a few extras/changes.

[Added] In-Game Admin Tools - 3 Levels of Admin/Mods controlled by Player ID's

[Added] Trains? I see that traffiq has added the sfx, not sure on the actual trains. 

[Changed] R3F Tow, Lift and Cargo to include the new vehicles in 1.0.1.3/1.0.1.4 (Still not 100% Complete)

[Changed] Sarge AI - Removed Bulk Equipment Boxes from Possible Drops, adding possible currency drops (Still not 100% Complete)

[Changed] Trader Villages Updated to 1.2 - Updates to previous villages to remove zombie spawns. 3rd Village now on Show, yet to add vendors.

[Changed] Updated Custom Buildings to 1.1 - Moving, removing and replacing some buildings with noticeable leans/slants/gaps.

Release 1.2 is coming very soon Just testing to make sure no bugs are present.

Thanks everyone for your support and patience so far, you have all been outstanding!

Mr B

Well it all seemed to be working well.. 

Then I played with the admin tools, spawned myself an as50 pack.. and all still was fine.. Destroyed a heap of AI (FUN!) and all still was fine..

But then after logging off and then re-joining I am getting kicked for Script Restriction #230..relentlessly upon joining in.

Unsure what is causing this as my scripts.log does not update for myself to check what it is..

What I have here is: A TEST ONLY VERSION. DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR LIVE SERVERS UNLESS YOU HAVE TESTED IT AND ARE CONFIDENT ITS WORKING!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05rsws39p0clnv4/Custom%20Cherno%20Pack%201.2.zip

If anyone can break it like I did somehow and let me know what the logs show I will be most grateful.

Cheers,

Mr B

To be fair I didn't make any changes.. and was just going to remove the AI Heli Patrols.

In comes Richardfromlost in this instance "I think" with a pre-built dayz_server.bpo which seemed to do the trick.

I work well when the works been done already and all that's left is to make a neat pile out of it.. :D

lol don't we all :) Do you think the servercleanup.fsm would work with the new version of Epoch?

Edit: Actually I was unable to open the dayz_server.pbo which you provided to me, pboview.8 was telling me that it was not an arma file =/

Well it all seemed to be working well.. 

Then I played with the admin tools, spawned myself an as50 pack.. and all still was fine.. Destroyed a heap of AI (FUN!) and all still was fine..

But then after logging off and then re-joining I am getting kicked for Script Restriction #230..relentlessly upon joining in.

Unsure what is causing this as my scripts.log does not update for myself to check what it is..

What I have here is: A TEST ONLY VERSION. DO NOT PUT THIS ON YOUR LIVE SERVERS UNLESS YOU HAVE TESTED IT AND ARE CONFIDENT ITS WORKING!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/05rsws39p0clnv4/Custom%20Cherno%20Pack%201.2.zip

If anyone can break it like I did somehow and let me know what the logs show I will be most grateful.

Cheers,

Mr B

Comment out line 242 in your scripts file and try it again. PM or Skype me for help B :)

Any ideas on why the Global chat is not working? I verified that description.ext

disableChannels[]={0,1,2,6};

However this should not hamper BEC from working properly. 

any ideas? 

Global or side chat? I think you change it to

disableChannels[]={0,2,6};

Greeting,

What a great bunch this is.  No sooner did I make my last post , then I checked Commander to see it had been updated.  DL'd the update, and found my server host (ST) hasnt updated servers yet.  Seems Epoch is VERY low on their list of priorities.  BTW, has anyone come across an Epoch server that has dynamic base building with lockable houses like in Origins?  A couple of my players said they came across one last week and it was great, but they forgot to bookmark it and can't seem to find it as they tend to hop a lot.

Regards

rac

Not sure about other servers. I can't even play on other peoples servers anymore since having my own. I play till I hit a bug or what I think is a design flaw and I jump straight into fixing it.

I do know that I am ALMOST done with customized base building 1.2. Hope to have that and dynamic missions before my long weekend.

Quick one, error with Black lake

2:06:41 Error in expression < "CAN_COLLIDE"];
_unit_1 = _this;
_this setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (false) th>
 2:06:41   Error position: <setUnitAbility 0.60000002;
if (false) th>
 2:06:41   Error setunitability: Type Nothing, expected Object
 2:06:41 File z\addons\dayz_server\structures\BlackLac_Dan_BBC.sqf, line 374

Just need to delete the unit

Global or side chat? I think you change it to

disableChannels[]={0,2,6};

Thanks figured this one out the hard way. Apparently the BE master update kills the RCON chat if it cannot connect and update after a certain amount of time.  Updated the BE Server.dll manually and walla fixed and I can RCON chat now. Weird.