[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

Found the glitched mission, it's SM4 in the Major mission folder.

It's meant to be

"A bandit supply helicopter has crash landed! Check your map for the location!"

It spawns 3 guys only, 1 only has ammo and no weapon, It doesn't end unless you run round for ages.

The code for it is Here incase anyone spots a mistake and i'll be happy to test it :)

Just a quick question. Is the Beachhead mission suppose to have a map marker ? also, I get some kind of weapon error when the C130 mission starts, will take a screenshot next time it comes around for you to take a look at.

/fullaholes

Is that SM8 in the Minor Missions ? Yes it's meant to have a marker, they all should but i don't think mines rotated to test that yet so i can't confirm if the marker works.

The error you see, is it no entry bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons or something like that ? It means the mission is trying to spawn a weapon with the wrong classname, Makarov_SD is one of them but i'm sure they'll be fixed as and when reported

For EMS to work properly right now you'll have to have SargeAI installed already. I have included a sample SAR_config.sqf in the EMS release. You can use this to give good balance to the mission AI. If you don't want any roaming AI then turn off dynamic spawning in the config.

Change this:

SAR_dynamic_spawning = true;

To this:

SAR_dynamic_spawning = false;

It's on line 22 of my config file.

This will then use SargeAI for the mission AI, but not spawn any roaming groups.

Ive installed everything, according to the instructions.

But my server isnt launching any missions.

Help?

How long have you waited ? they don't start from the moment go :)

Major missions start after 40 minutes, minor after 20, you can adjust this in "SMGoMajor.sqf" and "SMGoMinor.sqf"

_wait = [2500,800] call fnc_hTime;

The markers go in the init.sqf, most likely they are starting but you don't have markers enabled to see them.

At the following to the bottom of the init.sqf :

// Mission System Markers
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers.sqf";
[] execVM "debug\addmarkers75.sqf";

Hopefully that was the only step you missed.

I didnt miss that step :)

I'm honestly at a loss as to what it can be

The missions are started in the file " dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf", there are comments in that section that say "Starts major mission system", how can you miss that? :D

Anyway @Fuchs and mimic, maybe don't use the server_funcfions.sqf at all but put the code in extra file like missions_init.sqf in your missions folder and start it from the default init.sqf in the "isServer" section like this:

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\missions_init.sqf"; // starts EMS

That has some advantages and no need to change the server_functions file, so easier upgrade with epch patches etc..

I've looked at your files, and everything looks in order to me too.

Can you please do me a favor? Shut down your server, delete your current RPT file, then restart your server. Jump on it, or get someone to jump on it for approximately 30 minutes. This will ensure a minor and major mission will spawn with the settings you've chosen.

After 30 minutes shut down your server, and send me your RPT file. You can do it in a PM if you want.

Thanks!

hello,

i get 100 humanity after killing AI.

i have edit the SAR_config.sqf but nothing change...

// Humanity Value that gets substracted for a survivor or soldier AI kill
SAR_surv_kill_value = 5;

// Humanity Value that gets ADDED for a bandit AI kill
SAR_band_kill_value = 5;

what i'm doing wrong? :-/

The missions are started in the file " dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf", there are comments in that section that say "Starts major mission system", how can you miss that? :D

Anyway @Fuchs and mimic, maybe don't use the server_funcfions.sqf at all but put the code in extra file like missions_init.sqf in your missions folder and start it from the default init.sqf in the "isServer" section like this:

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\missions_init.sqf"; // starts EMS

That has some advantages and no need to change the server_functions file, so easier upgrade with epch patches etc..

We gonna looking into this over this week ..Thx for that idea Axe Cop

namtar i received info for your account over lost-soldiers forum ,your activated !sry for the long waiting time had a lot of things to do currently ...argh

The thing is u have to edit the bodyclean.sqf in the mission folder ! The humanity in there is 100 !

And thx to the mod or admin that deleted the spam i reported !

Edited by Fuchs