[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

Could you post instructions on what needs to be changed to use this with DZAI? Also, if you do that, perhaps it could be added to the main instructions on the first page for those of us that prefer DZAI?

You should be able to replace all mentions of "Sarge" with "DZAI" and it will work, not tested though but the original mission system worked that way.

You should be able to replace all mentions of "Sarge" with "DZAI" and it will work, not tested though but the original mission system worked that way.

There's only one mention of Sarge, and that's the server_cleanup file. I'm not missing other references, am I?

Also, are there any descriptions of the new missions? I'm curious what each one is.

nahhh guys not this again !

Do that what richie wrote ,then go to cleanup_server.fsm

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

multiple use

if(vehicle _x != _x && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Mission"",0] != 1) && (vehicle _x getVariable [""DZAI"",0] != 1) && !(vehicle _x in _safety) && (isPlayer _x) && !((typeOf vehicle _x) in DZE_safeVehicle)) then {" \n

you could also add Parachute C and Parachute E or W can't remember 

The Description for the missions are posted on opendayz.net it's the original Missions but edited for epoch and much more bugfixes !

You'll need to edit every mission file "SM*.sqf" in both the Major and Minor directories and replace all instances of "Sarge" with "DZAI".

You'll need to change the line in "server_cleanup.fsm" and replace "Sarge" with "DZAI".

Do that was richie wrote ,then go to cleanup_server.fsm

That doesn't make sense.

I checked the missions and saw they have references to "Sarge" so I changed all those to DZAI as well. I hope that, along with changing "Sarge" to "DZAI" in the cleanup_server was all that was required to have it work with DZAI.

There's only one mention of Sarge, and that's the server_cleanup file. I'm not missing other references, am I?

Also, are there any descriptions of the new missions? I'm curious what each one is.

Theres mentions in every single mission file inside of minor and major, it will also break most missions as they have vehicles to use and only Sarge Ai can use them.

You'll need to edit every mission file "SM*.sqf" in both the Major and Minor directories and replace all instances of "Sarge" with "DZAI".

You'll need to change the line in "server_cleanup.fsm" and replace "Sarge" with "DZAI".

Why don't you just add a config variable if its that simple? :)

Edit: as far as I can see the mission are not using sarge at all, they create their own AI so what has this to do with Sarge or DZAI or whatever? maybe i am confused I don't have much experience with ArmA AI but it is creating the units in the file "add_unit_server.sqf" etc and NOT using Sarge or other AI systems!? So it is always using it's own AI.. or is the sarge AI taking control of the units? because normally you dont create Sarge AI units yourself.. (with createUnit)

Theres mentions in every single mission file inside of minor and major, it will also break most missions as they have vehicles to use and only Sarge Ai can use them.

Well then, I'm confused because there's people saying all you have to do is replace Sarge with DZAI, but you say it'll brake most missions. So, which is it? How will it "break" the mission? If it's because some missions require a vehicle to be driven by AI, how many have that feature and can the mission be accomplished without a vehicle being driven by AI?

Well, just checked my server and I can't get into the lobby. The log is showing an error:

9:31:48 Error in expression <2,  0.07,  0.01,  0.01,  ]; 

waituntil {!isnil "fnc_buildWei>
 9:31:48   Error position: <]; 

9:31:48   Error Missing [
 9:31:48 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SM10.sqf, line 29
 9:31:48 Error in expression <2,  0.07,  0.01,  0.01,  ]; 

9:31:48   Error position: <]; 

9:31:48   Error Missing [
 9:31:48 File z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\SM10.sqf, line 29
 9:31:51 Cannot create non-ai vehicle CamoNet_DZ,
 9:31:51 Warning: z\addons\dayz_communityassets\models\compass.p3d:0 Error while trying to generate ST for points: 863, 853, 852
 9:31:54 Error in expression <s\debug\addmarkers.sqf"

_MainMarker = createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];
_M>
 9:31:54   Error position: <createMarker ["MainMarker", Ccoords];
_M>
 9:31:54   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
 9:31:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers.sqf, line 3
 9:31:54 Error in expression <bug\addmarkers75.sqf"

_MainMarker75 = createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];
_>
 9:31:54   Error position: <createMarker["MainMarker75", MCoords];
_>
 9:31:54   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
 9:31:54 File mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\debug\addmarkers75.sqf, line 3

It spawns vehicles at the mission and the AI can use them, only Sarge Ai can use vehicles so it's pointless without using Sarges AI.

It states that only Sarge Ai is supported, if you can get it working with other AI scripts then good luck, but only Sarge is supported by the EMS guys

It spawns vehicles at the mission and the AI can use them, only Sarge Ai can use vehicles so it's pointless without using Sarges AI.

It states that only Sarge Ai is supported, if you can get it working with other AI scripts then good luck, but only Sarge is supported by the EMS guys

I've been running the Chernarus Mission system and their AI is independent from the DZAI system. They have vehicles at the missions too, but the AI doesn't use them. I don't understand. What does the AI do with the vehicles when you use Sarge's AI?

Do that what richie wrote ,then go to cleanup_server.fsm

multiple use

you could also add Parachute C and Parachute E or W can't remember 

The Description for the missions are posted on opendayz.net it's the original Missions but edited for epoch and much more bugfixes ! my post wasn't done i'm a human ,not a machine !

To make things clear : U can choose whatever AI u want as the [EMS] is supporting it now out of the box !

But this doesn't mean it worx for all future releases !

I don't have issues with DZAI 1.8.1 and EMS now but may we come to bring the ai to getin the vehicles and defending their mission with it

axe cop nice answer u got it ^^

WHY everyone is posting that marker stuff?

ITS NOT A BUG, it's a feature that says that missions are working   ! MIMIC write your answer about this in the first post, please !

Edited by Fuchs

Well, I tested this out with DZAI, making the changes from "Sarge" to "DZAI" and the first mission I checked spawned way up north in the debug and when I got there, there was nothing there. The second one was the APC mission. I arrived and the APC was there, but no AI. Guess I'll go back to the other one I was using since this might be a problem because I don't use Sarge's AI.

FIle deleted

This is the actual DZAI Version which rans on my server !

Download fast !it will be deleted after a few hours !

If u ran into issues again,you have a install problem with it !

Edited by Fuchs

How do i find what mission started ? one of mine has started and after killing the AI it hasn't ended, I think it spawned a plane if that helps but maybe it was already spawned, no ammo crates with it i know that.

I do know it was a major mission but no idea which one.

No way right now. Killing all the AI doesn't end a mission, you have to get within a certain range of the mission center point for it to become completed.

I know there was a bug with one of the major missions that spawned a C130 that didn't complete because the range was 5m and no one was able to get close enough to complete it. It'll be fixed in an upcoming release.

This wasn't a C130, it was a small plane, looked like a Maule but yellow/orange in colour.

*EDIT*

Through process of elimination it must be a Major mission and either SM1 or SM4

*EDIT 2*
After going back and running through the circle it finally ended :)

*EDIT 3*

Found it :D SM4 of the Major mission is glitched

Thx richie we are gonna look into this as the axe murderer will be watching as well ..

Happy to help :) some great missions and all different.

I also sent Mimic some coordinates for Taviana, I have them spawning perfectly over both islands, including the beach mission (SM8 Minor)