[EMS] Epoch Mission System - Release 0.2.1

mimic

I think that was me who told you that in your RPT error topic? also a fix for that.. :P

@mimic maybe you should still fix that error, some people think it really is an error and the script might not work properly.. :D

I was thinking of giving it some default coordinates on startup that are WAY off the visible map.

I have installed on my server and it works perfect, but as far as i can see there is only 1 mission at a time.

Would it be possible to change that so there would be 2 missions at the same time ?

And btw keep up the good work :D

By default, EMS will only spawn one of each type of mission. One major, and one minor. These missions will stay there until completed. Once completed the timer for the next mission starts.

Major missions start every 41-54 minutes.

Minor missions start every 15-25 minutes.

These times can be adjusted in the "SMGoMajor.sqf" and "SMGoMinor.sqf" files in the Missions folder.

_wait = [2500,800] call fnc_hTime;

The two numbers are: fixed time in seconds, variable time in seconds.

Meaning the minimum amount of time needed to pass before this mission will start is 2500 seconds, with up to an additional 800 seconds. The script uses the 2nd number and picks a random number between 0 and it. So in this case, the script would pick a random number between 0 and 800, then add that on to the 2500 to get the mission start timer.

When a mission spawns you can tell whether it's a Major mission or Minor mission by the size of it's map marker. Minor missions have smaller markers than Major missions.

Hey Mimic and Fuchs, is there a way for the missions to turn themselves off after a certain amount of time...

Some variable that I have to change or add

#SM13 minor- the axe murderer, just lays on the ground and doesn't swing his axe... not sure why mate

And #SM8 minor- any suggestions/info on those waypoints/spawnpoints for the beachhead mission

I mean... nvm, I'll have another look after I get my kids to school

Bags

On SM8 i've changed the coords for the beachhead mission today ,this should be already working ,if not tell us please!

SM13 is the same as on szerdis mission system,hm..the question is where is the error !?

Turning Missions off after a while if nobody joins them ,that's a thing we want to integrate too!

Can't tell you about the error, because it's got me screwed over as well, thought I had done something wrong with my config to begin with,

Cool about the removing of mission if no-one does it... whenever you have it mate,,, I'll see if I can come up with something.

And I'll go back into test mode for that new co-ords thing there ,mate

Bags

BTW guys, nice work, appreciated, at least by me and my playerbase

apologies if this has already been asked, i have not read the whole thread in full, just skimmed over it.

On my server i am currently running the chernarus missions. They run fine apart from anyone who joins the server after the mission is shown on the map can not see where the mission is located.

has this been addressed?

I get alot of this in my RPT log:

0:50:58 "AIUNIT: Ins_Soldier_1 by <NULL-object> at [4764.38,9803.27,0]. Result:O 1-1-A:1 | Loadout:["Sa58P_EP1","30Rnd_762x39_SA58","MakarovSD_DZ","8Rnd_9x18_Makarov"] / Num:2"
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.MakarovSD_DZ'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.scope'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: '/' is not a value
 0:50:58 Warning Message: Error: creating weapon MakarovSD_DZ with scope=private
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.displayName'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.nameSound'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.type'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.picture'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.Library'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.libTextDesc'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.model'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.simulation'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightDuration'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.fireLightIntensity'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockDelay'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.weaponLockSystem'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.cmImmunity'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.lockingTargetSound'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: Size: '/' not an array
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.lockedTargetSound'.
 0:50:58 Warning Message: No entry '.muzzles'.
 0:50:58 No owner
 0:50:58 No owner

Any idea?

One clue is this:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgWeapons.MakarovSD_DZ'.

The / and \ 

Also if u want u can improve the random timer code with..

https://github.com/Torndeco/Epoch-Missions/commit/705a0518704aca06e0a7055d340a8ef69b9e7f16

just WTF was that original code?! rofl

like the dynamic vehicle spawn code in the epoch mod, I just fixed that and it will be included in the 1.0.3 patch i hope (you don't wanna know how it spawned the vehicles before my fix :p)

Most of the code in dayz is a mess anyway :D

Same with this:

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon RPK_74_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon MG36_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon VSS_vintorez_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating magazine SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper with scope=private

Thats all i can find in my RPT log for now

Edit:

I also have problem with SM11 that the vehicle disappear when you enter and then exit the vehicle.

Edited by Swordfish

I've got it working with Taviana but it spawns some missions in the sea, the BIS_fnc_findSafePos all looks correct for not spawning in the sea, I'm guessing it must be the random coordinates that are designed for Chernarus ?

Would you like me to get some coordinates for Taviana or are you not planning to support Taviana yet ?

Same with this:

Warning Message: Error: creating weapon RPK_74_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon MG36_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating weapon VSS_vintorez_DZ with scope=private
Warning Message: Error: creating magazine SCAR_H_LNG_Sniper with scope=private
Thats all i can find in my RPT log for now

Edit:

I also have problem with SM11 that the vehicle disappear when you enter and then exit the vehicle.

Thanks for the RPT log. I'll get that error cleared up.

AI shouldn't be spawning with pistols anyways. It glitches them out if they switch to it. I'll remove pistols from the AI for the next release.

Are you sure you used the exact lines I posted in the install instructions for the "server_cleanup.sqf"?

Vehicles stay on my server until restart.

By default, EMS will only spawn one of each type of mission. One major, and one minor. These missions will stay there until completed. Once completed the timer for the next mission starts.

Major missions start every 41-54 minutes.

Minor missions start every 15-25 minutes.

These times can be adjusted in the "SMGoMajor.sqf" and "SMGoMinor.sqf" files in the Missions folder.

_wait = [2500,800] call fnc_hTime;

The two numbers are: fixed time in seconds, variable time in seconds.

Meaning the minimum amount of time needed to pass before this mission will start is 2500 seconds, with up to an additional 800 seconds. The script uses the 2nd number and picks a random number between 0 and it. So in this case, the script would pick a random number between 0 and 800, then add that on to the 2500 to get the mission start timer.

When a mission spawns you can tell whether it's a Major mission or Minor mission by the size of it's map marker. Minor missions have smaller markers than Major missions.

If i understand you correct, there should then be 2 missions running at the same time one major and one minor.

But for some reason only the minor one seem to be running on my server, not sure why really, followed the instructions and the minor ones runs as they should.

I did how ever found something a little strange to me, was looking at the SMFinder.sqf in both the major and minor folder.

And found a diffrence in those at the bottom.

In the minor one the last line looked like this:

[] execVM format ["\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\minor\%1.sqf",_element]; 

But the major one looked like this in the end:

//[] execVM format ["\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\%1.sqf",_element];
[] execVM format ["\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\major\13.sqf",_element];

Could that be the reason for it not working ?

So far i use DZAI with this and it's working fine!

But i need to re-edit the markers on my server ,cause we have the AI markers enabled,they turn orange when survivor goes into the ai triggered area .

btw may mate at work wont go in so i stay at home too !

Could you post instructions on what needs to be changed to use this with DZAI? Also, if you do that, perhaps it could be added to the main instructions on the first page for those of us that prefer DZAI?