Lockturret RemoteExec Help

arc7r7

Question

I've added a GAZ-233014 to my server from the RHS:AFRF mod. This vehicle has a PKM and a grenade launcher in the same turret the gunner can switch between. I'm getting this RemoteExec kick when switching.

21.12.2015 08:49:18: Arc ()  - #0 "lockturret [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Arc) REMOTE,[[0],true]]"
21.12.2015 08:49:18: Arc ()  - #0 "lockturret [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Arc) REMOTE,[[1],false]]"
21.12.2015 08:49:20: Arc ()  - #0 "lockturret [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Arc) REMOTE,[[0],false]]"
21.12.2015 08:49:20: Arc ()  - #0 "lockturret [B Alpha 1-1:1 (Arc) REMOTE,[[1],true]]"

I've tried several ways to unlock the turret for the second weapon but with no success. I've set the RemoteExec to log instead of kick/log but would like to know the proper way to get this working.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

5 answers to this question

Hi there, arc7r7.

If that RemoteExec kick comes from Battleye, you can negate this rule in RemoteExec.txt of battleye folder. Anyways I wouldnot recommend it, until you know what are you doing, as Turret Lock is a pretty huge advantage. Its almost as cheaty as TWS and stuff.

+ Be aware, that theres a lot of reports about glitching. Also LockTurret() is designed for SP as it is executed on local - this might disallow you to see if someone using this command on other vehicle thats not designated to lock on target, what is cheating. 

On 12/22/2015 at 0:24 AM, Demellion said:

Hi there, arc7r7.

If that RemoteExec kick comes from Battleye, you can negate this rule in RemoteExec.txt of battleye folder. Anyways I wouldnot recommend it, until you know what are you doing, as Turret Lock is a pretty huge advantage. Its almost as cheaty as TWS and stuff.

+ Be aware, that theres a lot of reports about glitching. Also LockTurret() is designed for SP as it is executed on local - this might disallow you to see if someone using this command on other vehicle thats not designated to lock on target, what is cheating. 

Are you referring to target lock on say a titan launcher or something similiar? The problem I'm having is getting kicked by battleye when switching weapons in the same turret. I'm slightly confused by your reply as I'm still learning. Thank you for your assistance.

6 hours ago, arc7r7 said:

Are you referring to target lock on say a titan launcher or something similiar? The problem I'm having is getting kicked by battleye when switching weapons in the same turret. I'm slightly confused by your reply as I'm still learning. Thank you for your assistance.

If that kick comes from Battleye (like Script Restriction #1337) you need  to get to ./sc/battleye/scripts.txt (or another filter, if it comes from it) and do like this:

5 !"LockTurret"

or like this, if it is specified already

5 "rule1" "rule2" ... !"LockTurret"

Remember that wildcard is present (means every related to this command filter is applied):

5 "" !"LockTurret"

Means kick for everything, but LockTurret

Some reference about BE:

http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/

Hope i helped.

On 1/19/2016 at 10:35 AM, vbawol said:

Add this to the end of the remoteexec.txt line that starts with 5 "" 

!="lockturret \[.+\]"

This explicitly allows the use of lockturrent via RE as long as the data passed is an array.

Thanks Awol. This worked like a charm