Is there any "Fully militarized" Epoch servers ??

IReeceI

That's how I've got mine currently set up.  Walls, foundations, floors and jammers are indestructible.  Doors, both wood and cinder, are not.  It works really well and allows bases to be breached, but not destroyed.  

Could you give a quick rundown on how you do this mate? Would help a ton of people with the server balance :)

well on my server i just added armed ground vehicles armed jets and heli's also hidden on the map 1 artillery tank for that ultimate piss take and destruction also i dont have no pussy ass indestructable script. and when ever i log in i make sure i log in as a corps so i can delete debug building so that even the fresh re spawns aint safe from artillery shells :D

You're doin God's work son.

+1.

I can confirm, Scripture say nothing about destroyable baseparts - clearly not intended :)

Players did complain about "all the work being easily destroyed with kamikaze attacks".

Some players were using cheap vehicles as poor man's C4.

+1.

I can confirm, Scripture say nothing about destroyable baseparts - clearly not intended :)

Players did complain about "all the work being easily destroyed with kamikaze attacks".

Some players were using cheap vehicles as poor man's C4.

But surely one of Epochs main features is bases being attacked ! If not you may as well just do away with bases parts and add a force field from the jammers -_- ! 

Been said so many times on this thread already "Nerf da doors" 

Good, who else could i pick on :P but seriously though mate, i said i'll address the balance on my server regardless of what happens in future updates, it just has to be right :)

What would be better is if admins could choose what base parts can be destroyed, i'd make doors destructible and everything else indestructible, so you can rob people all day long but can't smash weeks worth of base building in an hour.

To be honest i'm suprised Wasteland is not more of your thing, have a look at our Wasteland server, it's pure PvP carnage with everything available including jets, tanks and explosives.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my god I would love this, I sat in tears watching a team of player ruin another players work for 3 months! and couldn't do anything about it. destroyed EVERYTHING, lock box's, vehicles, walls, the lot!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

my god I would love this, I sat in tears watching a team of player ruin another players work for 3 months! and couldn't do anything about it. destroyed EVERYTHING, lock box's, vehicles, walls, the lot!

There's a thread somewhere around here called Indestructible Bases. In there is a PBO that will fix you right up.

Testing this soon, full props to Darth for the share, doors can be blown to bits, bases can be robbed but the base will still stand, players can gear up again :)

It's what i want with my server, others can do what they please.

I would suggest to not endlessly add new EHs to a few hundret objects, so maybe You want to exchange the code inside the "indestructible.sqf" with this one:

//Indestructible Bases by [GZA] David zombieapo.eu
sleep 80;
while {true} do {
    _indestructible = (allMissionObjects "Constructions_static_F") + (allMissionObjects "PlotPole_EPOCH");
{
        if (!((_x isKindof "CinderWallGarage_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoorL_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoor_EPOCH"))) then {
        _this = _x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];    //Remove multiple EHs, having one on each object is enough!
        if(_this > 0)then[{_x removeEventHandler ["HandleDamage", _this]},{_x allowDamage false; _x enableSimulation false}];
        };
    } count _indestructible;
sleep 300; // run every 5min
};

Postet that a few months ago in the nitrado support forum and people reportet no errors back so this should work.

Greez KiloSwiss

I would suggest to not endlessly add new EHs to a few hundret objects, so maybe You want to exchange the code inside the "indestructible.sqf" with this one:

sleep 80;
while {true} do {
    _indestructible = (allMissionObjects "Constructions_static_F") + (allMissionObjects "PlotPole_EPOCH");
{
        if (!((_x isKindof "CinderWallGarage_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoorL_EPOCH") or (_x isKindof "WoodLargeWallDoor_EPOCH"))) then {
        _this = _x addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];    //Remove multiple EHs, having one on each object is enough!
        if(_this > 0)then[{_x removeEventHandler ["HandleDamage", _this]},{_x allowDamage false; _x enableSimulation false}];
        };
    } count _indestructible;
};

Postet that a few months ago in the nitrado support forum and people reportet no errors back so this should work.

Greez KiloSwiss

What about adding exceptions Kilo ? I want raiding to happen by breaching doors.

Add more classnames to this line:

Sorry, you posted what i was after first time, i just read it again :rolleyes: my bad, cheers once again Kilo

@Liqu1dShadow

Read Post #27, download the file, open the pbo and You will see what we are talking about.

@richie

Try this:

//Edit by KiloSwiss
private "_destructibleObjects";

_destructibleObjects = [	
	"CinderWallGarage_EPOCH",
	"WoodLargeWallDoorL_EPOCH",
	"WoodLargeWallDoor_EPOCH"
];

sleep 80;
while {true} do {	private "_indestructible";
	{	private "_obj";
	_obj = _x;
	if({if(_obj isKindof _x)exitWith{1}}count _destructibleObjects == 0)then{	private "_ehID";
		_ehID = _obj addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];	//Remove multiple EHs, having one on each object is enough!
	if(_ehID > 0)then[{_obj removeEventHandler ["HandleDamage", _ehID]},{_obj allowDamage false;_obj enableSimulation false}];
	};
	}count _indestructible;
};
Actually, if You have the exact classNames of every single object you want to leave destructible (or destroyable?), you could replace the Line 16 (everything before "private "_ehID";") with

if !(_x in _destructibleObjects)then{
But the current code (with isKindOf) also looks for subclasses of the classnames specified in the _destructibleObjects array, so it's safer to use this.

The only issue is players putting walls over their doors as they log out or go out farming, stops any base attack. Might as well put indestructible bases on 100%

My players are all arguing about it right now lol,

Personally, I would consider players doing that to be using an exploit and would deal with them accordingly.  If I see any bases protected that way I'll just delete the walls in front of the door.   :P

Personally, I would consider players doing that to be using an exploit and would deal with them accordingly.  If I see any bases protected that way I'll just delete the walls in front of the door.   :P

yeah sounds like a game mechanic exploit. a justified case of admin fury if you askin me, zeus thunder exists for a reason innit

yeah sounds like a game mechanic exploit. a justified case of admin fury if you askin me, zeus thunder exists for a reason innit

Or fire up the editor and place a building right in front of the door that they put a wall in front of just out of spite. =P

• 1 month later...