Setting up R3F Arty and Log and BE Scripts.txt

dark_Drake

Question

Hello all,

So I'm not new to hosting or setting up servers. I've used DayZCC for a long time, thought I'd try doing an Epoch Server.

I am NOT using DayZCC currently for the epoch server. 
It is a clean install, no other servers running. It has its own database. It is a dedicated machine with capable hardware.  

So the base server works fine. No issues, no problems. Running it as instance 11 on chernarus. 

I added the R3F Arty and Log mod (Removed the Artillery option, as well as towing, cargo holding, and allowing players to pick items up and store.)
The only functions I currently have available is lifting enabled for the heli's. No towing until I figure out how to limit how many vehicles can be towed. 

So my question is, does anyone currently have a server set up running R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG and can I snag your scripts.txt file from your BE directory?
It is currently really time consuming to log in, get kicked, edit the scripts.txt file, load the scripts, and re log in. 

Or is there a tutorial or something I can go read to set up my own scripts.txt?

Thanks in advance. 

Dark_Drake

19 answers to this question

I am still working out the kicks and until I do have just disabled R3F.

A bulk of it seems to be attached...  the attachto.txt File I have noticed.

At first I just added a 1 for log at the start of each "Towable/Liftable" Vehicle.. which seemed to work.

i.e

1 "" !="VaultStorageLocked" !="Hedgehog_DZ" !="Sandbag1_DZ" !="Fort_RazorWire" !="WoodGate_DZ" !="Land_HBarrier1_DZ"
1 "Offroad_DSHKM_Gue"
1 "Old_moto_TK_Civ_EP1"
1 "MMT_Civ"

etc etc.

Now I am going to just rework the file to look like this;

1 "" !="VaultStorageLocked" !="Hedgehog_DZ" !="Sandbag1_DZ" !="Fort_RazorWire" !="WoodGate_DZ" !="Land_HBarrier1_DZ"
1 "Parachute"
1 "VaultStorage" !"VaultStorageLocked"

Just removing the vehicle classes altogether.

As none of the remaining classes are valid attachments it should hopefully work fine.

If not I will go back to my Original Chernarus Madhouse scripts folder and check how I concurred it in there and do my best to merge it into the BattleEye for Epoch for private release.

To limit the towable and liftable go to > R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config > arma2_CO_objects.sqf

Find section starting line 58 ish for towable vehicles and subsequent sections for lift etc

Side note: is this working correctly with the latest version currently it is the only mod of mine that is not working????

Yeah I have customized the Arma@_CO_Objects.sqf

There is also a section in the config.sqf in the R3F_LOG folder itself.

Not really sure which to use...

Still no option showing up to classes that should be able to tow.. life.. be towed.. cargo.. etc.

Moar Testing!!  :lol:

To limit the towable and liftable go to > R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config > arma2_CO_objects.sqf

Find section starting line 58 ish for towable vehicles and subsequent sections for lift etc

Side note: is this working correctly with the latest version currently it is the only mod of mine that is not working????

I have customized my list of towable object (right now nothing is towable) and liftable object to just vehicles. Might change that later. 

And Bungle, the config.sqf file in the R3F_Log folder is where R3F_LOG makes the arrays for towable/liftable object, so that is where you need to have the classnames of towable/liftable object. The one in the addons_config (Where Arma@_CO_Objects.sqf is) just points to the arrays made in the config.sqf. 

At least, thats what I get in my logic going through the code. 

Yeah it seems the first config.sqf is the master config, the Arma@_CO_Objects.sqf is a list of extras defined for specific mods/addons.

I have never seemed to have this much trouble with it in the past.. 

All the init files seem to be doing their thing. The defines are there. Just no Options coming up on the vehicles, cannot for the life of me figure out why.

If i remember correctly when looking at a vehicle you are going into fn_damageactions.sqf?

Nothing is needed in there to prompt the menu for R3F_Log yeah?

Yeah, on other servers all I had to do was make sure the init.sqf was enabled and the vehicles were listed. 

I think it may have something to do with how dayz epoch has its own menu for repairing/salvaging vehicles. Might be the issue with that contect menu overwriting things.

well it wasnt working for me then today it is with no problems tow/lift is coming up and works all i did was place the R3F file in the missions.pbo and edited the init file with the command??

Also Bungle you edit the vehicles in R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\R3F_LOG\addons_config > arma2_CO_objects.sqf

also try this line in the init.sqf at the bottom

//R3F Towing and shit (or whatever you want to title it)
[] ExecVM "R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf"

Done and Done a few times already my good sir.

I will try lowering the ExecVM down to the bottom of the init.sqf

See if placement is the issue.

I have had a few eye already look at it, but if you want I can give you a copy of my latest patch almost ready just need to fix the R3F bug.

Regarding the BE stuff, there are alot of attachto exception. The best was would be allow certain script instead of doing a global allow.

Just makes the server abit more secure. If at all possible add !"scriptname.sqf" to the line instead or changing the 5 to a 1. 

Once you get ur head around the BE filters, its easy to fix kicking issues.

Also, although this doesnt apply here but getting the scripts to run server-side bypasses the BE kicks altogether.

Well finally got R3F working like a dream in the pack..

Limited Towing/Lifiting and Moving

Tweeked Gear and Cargo Amounts.

1 Towing option only.

Next step is to except locked vehicles if possible.

Bungle, can you point me to the line/file where I can limit the amount of towable vehicles to 1? (I can code well but my French is too lame to figure it out!)

Had a guy with a train of 12 vehicles caused FPS on the server to drop to 10fps!!!

To be truthful its been that long since I applied that fix (The R3F in this pack was pulled from my old Madhouse Files) that I forget where/how that was fixed.

It would be faster to just replace your R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG folder with the one in the pack and just keep your own config.sqf and/or arma2_CO_objects.sqf

Sorry I cant help further... still learning slowly and the script being in french is not helping haha.

J'adore le français, mais c'est tellement différent de enlgish....

If that even makes sense.. haha

Ive gotten it to work. Most of the vehicles from *.5 aren't in the lists. I have an updated config.sqf to include all vehicles currently available(or atleast the ones I could find). All my players are really happy with it. I will edit my post to reflect more on this. Here it is. However, I can not help you with the battleye restrictions. This is the only line in my AttachTo file in Battleye:

Regarding the BE stuff, there are alot of attachto exception. The best was would be allow certain script instead of doing a global allow.

Just makes the server abit more secure. If at all possible add !"scriptname.sqf" to the line instead or changing the 5 to a 1. 

Once you get ur head around the BE filters, its easy to fix kicking issues.

Also, although this doesnt apply here but getting the scripts to run server-side bypasses the BE kicks altogether.

hey man, can you tell me how to run this server side? because i really want towing and lifting but i cant seem to get anything to work. 

i got that working but everytime my players get kicked for setpos and stuff. or can you give me a link to a working script?