Is there a Dayz/Epoch mod for Arma 3 that's has the zombie vibe?

zombieland78

I think breaking point is the perfect fit for you. It is already way further in development and has a much more survival feeling to it. It's closer to DayZ Origins than DayZ epoch though. I'm still playing A2 Epoch and loving it.... it truly is the best dayz mod version i've played, with over 2000 hours in and over a year of playing it. Sadly all the DayZ Epoch servers are now overpoch with high loot, but it still beats anything arma 3 has to offer!

I think breaking point is the perfect fit for you. It is already way further in development and has a much more survival feeling to it. It's closer to DayZ Origins than DayZ epoch though. I'm still playing A2 Epoch and loving it.... it truly is the best dayz mod version i've played, with over 2000 hours in and over a year of playing it. Sadly all the DayZ Epoch servers are now overpoch with high loot, but it still beats anything arma 3 has to offer!

Well if the server wants players thats sadly the way to go.

If you don't let the player find loot in his firt cycle, they just fuck off to the next server : )

And i must say , the coming of H1Z1 really did a drop of players on my server to.

Overall i noticed there aren't really alot of Epoch 3 players.

I personally don't care much, slow or fast zombies, as long as they have good (or passable) AI. DayZ SA is moving to the right direction, for example. Slowly, but moving. H1Z1 zombies, now after the patch are not that bad as before (judging from the streams as I would never support SONY even if I was a millionaire).

Sappers and cultists are awesome. They just need to be in greater amounts. I mean, what's wrong with spawning more zombies (enemies) when you enter a city when the server has only 6-8 people playing? It should not affect the performance, I think. I like low pop servers precisely because it creates more tension, you do not know where other people are, it creates isolation (especially on such big map as Altis) and I like it for those reasons. 50-70/80 servers are like Altis Life, helicopters flying, bullets flying it is a mess it is terrible and doesn't feel like post-apocalypse.

I think on Altis 40 players is a limit. Anything more, and it is a death match. I got enough of that in DayZ SA.

So my biggest issue is the amount of enemies. At once I saw only ONE sapper chasing me and then the other time one cultist spawned when I opened a container. That's it. You enter a city and it is empty for 99 percent of the time. There is no danger in looting, so why even carry a gun? To shoot annoying dogs?

In the end its all about server performance,

"Classic Zombies" - Slow and Numerous (HEADSHOT!) , Will eat up resources. (This is never been done right in any online game)

"New age zombies" - Fast (And Numerous) , Sounds fun, won't work with ARMA. See LFD, now remove twitch shooter elements, and you constantly get your ass overwhelmed.

Regardless, i agree with most people that there is a lack of atmosphere, Nothing is lurking in the dark,

Sappers due to their pathing are hardly an issue,
Drones, Tend to just annoy me, Oh ffs another 1?
Cultist has it spot on it will sneak up on you.
Dogs, agian just an annoyance. 

While altis is not a horrible map, Most of it remains unaffected and is a bit of a holiday paradise, It doesnt quite fit in (any) survival story.
A Lesson might be learned from the Stalker series in terms of Atmosphere.

A Lesson might be learned from the Stalker series in terms of Atmosphere.

What's the Stalker series then?

Agreed on the points raised above too. Needs atmos. Epochers tend to not even play at night and most servers have night turned off. Losers. They just want to hit all the 'make it easy now' switches. 

Breaking Point and the Bornholm map, go survivalist and hang out on the northern part of the map. Southern is more PVP hotspot focused.

When you are a survivalist, most Rangers and Nomads won´t kill you and you are only allowed to kill Hunters and None factioned without pointloss.

Bornholm is not ready for Epoch but damn does it do well in Breaking Point.

Havens are their bases, you put a lock on the house and no custom building. Right now you can only raid when base owner is inside and have the haven unlocked. You need it unlocked in order to access inventory. There will come some sort of lockpick but it will be rare.

If you aren´t looking for PVP group vs group, then Breaking Point is awesome. Rare loot and lots of variety. Helicrashes and Airdrop care packages. 

But as I said the hotspots like main towns, airports and military compounds has lots of PVP. 

You can block off houses in Breaking Point? It's been so long since I played. Think I'll have to go back and try it again.

Have BP included the dlc choppers? They don

Epoch is getting tiresome in this current build. There's hardly anyone playing it, and there's no threat from the antagonists.

There are plenty players but Epoch is way to segregated, the big disadvantage with a mod able mod, wish they would have sticked to a couple of official servers and never released the serverfiles.

Zombies 2.0 in BP I think will be very cool but they are kinda bugged for the moment walking thru walls again, but they are much harder to read and a lot easier to misstake for a player a bit easy to fool though.

Still like Epoch more for Group PVP but BP is my Solo choice, they still have trouble with desync though.

And as I said try Bornholm it fits BP like a glove.

Well if the server wants players thats sadly the way to go.

If you don't let the player find loot in his firt cycle, they just fuck off to the next server : )

And i must say , the coming of H1Z1 really did a drop of players on my server to.

Overall i noticed there aren't really alot of Epoch 3 players.

I don't think long term H1Z1 will keep its player base. When it comes down to it one of the major draws to Epoch and other mod-able games is you can host your own server and customise it how you want, not how Sony want. Those differences bring in players.

There are plenty players but Epoch is way to segregated, the big disadvantage with a mod able mod, wish they would have sticked to a couple of official servers and never released the serverfiles.

Zombies 2.0 in BP I think will be very cool but they are kinda bugged for the moment walking thru walls again, but they are much harder to read and a lot easier to misstake for a player a bit easy to fool though.

Still like Epoch more for Group PVP but BP is my Solo choice, they still have trouble with desync though.

And as I said try Bornholm it fits BP like a glove.

I disagree, that was one of the reasons I stopped playing Breaking Point (only official servers).

Breaking Point would be alright if their system didn't depend entirely on identifying people based on their hats.

Seriously, there may be someone shooting at you from a respectable distance - you return fire, kill the bastard & promptly find out that he belonged to a faction that your faction is supposed to be friendly to. Bam, huge penalty, untold hours of progress down the drain... because you failed to verify the guy's hat before *returning* fire.

Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it in youtube videos / heard about it from friends.

That said, I also don't play A3 Epoch atm. Maybe the update will make things more interesting again. As it is, I find better PVP in CTI modes (EUTW is really good), survival is way more interesting in Standalone (which can have interesting tactical situations, too) and building bases is kind of pointless when all you're doing is provide one more target for the bored masses.

I don't think long term H1Z1 will keep its player base. When it comes down to it one of the major draws to Epoch and other mod-able games is you can host your own server and customise it how you want, not how Sony want. Those differences bring in players.

I disagree strongly. I've watched some streams of H1Z1, and while it looks like a poorer cousin to Arma3 graphics wise, it smashes DayZ SA and current build Epoch, game-play wise. 

The ability to host your own server is fine for making mods better than the vanilla version, but for everything else, it causes nothing but problems. Cheating admins, unfair admins, hackers, community wars (trash talking each others' community) and so on. 

I think I'd prefer the H1Z1 system now, where they can offer different play modes. Basically, let them do their own modding until they fine the sweet spot, then increase the amount of servers running those settings.

Jeez, where are you looking? Every time I look, I see two or three near full servers, then a rapid decline till you reach an endless stream of servers with zero players in. 

I disagree strongly. I've watched some streams of H1Z1, and while it looks like a poorer cousin to Arma3 graphics wise, it smashes DayZ SA and current build Epoch, game-play wise. 

The ability to host your own server is fine for making mods better than the vanilla version, but for everything else, it causes nothing but problems. Cheating admins, unfair admins, hackers, community wars (trash talking each others' community) and so on. 

I think I'd prefer the H1Z1 system now, where they can offer different play modes. Basically, let them do their own modding until they fine the sweet spot, then increase the amount of servers running those settings.

So you complain about the supposed pay2win in Epoch, but what about the pay2win in H1Z1?

Breaking Point would be alright if their system didn't depend entirely on identifying people based on their hats.

Seriously, there may be someone shooting at you from a respectable distance - you return fire, kill the bastard & promptly find out that he belonged to a faction that your faction is supposed to be friendly to. Bam, huge penalty, untold hours of progress down the drain... because you failed to verify the guy's hat before *returning* fire.

Hasn't happened to me, but I've seen it in youtube videos / heard about it from friends.

If the aggressor hits you he becomes a traitor and you get points for killing him.

If the shot are coming from such a distance that you have trouble I'd then don't shoot back cause at those distances it's hard to hit. Moch more realistic bullet drop there and harder to get the big one shot leg kill weapons.

Sure the penalty is huge and it should be. A friend has wandered between lvl1 and lvl3 3-4 times in one of the factions only to make sure that ranger don't kill his outlaw/Hunter friend.

But if you don't like that system play hunter or opt out of points and play "none".

I don't care about points and starting gear so much so usually stick to Hunter or None and don't understand those that want 6k points. But hey all play the game for different reasons..

This is my biggest problem with A2 epoch really, from 1+ year of playing my experience is that there's exactly 2 motivations to being a server admin, 1) Cheat '(Esp) or  bend the ruels in favor of your group (unclear rules that are "adjusted" on case by case) 2) Money.

Seriously, the only place where i havent seen any admin abuse has been CCG. I really dont like the high loot servers but i'm so scared of playing anywhere else from numerous admin kills when raiding a base, godmode admins shooting at you, admins telling locations on TS to other people, admins spawning endless amounts of building parts to people they favor over others....

I think I would be more interested about A3 Epoch if the servers were only hosted by the devs.

The main turn off for me with regards to H1Z1 is the apparent pay to win system of buying rewards based on which package you buy (I know it will be free to play eventually but at the moment this is how it looks).

So you complain about the supposed pay2win in Epoch, but what about the pay2win in H1Z1?

I know nothing of the pay2win in H1Z1, what are you on about? I said I watched some streams and it looks a lot better than SA and Epoch...gameplay wise. Graphics wise, it looks worse. 

Fuck sake, I had that fucking idiot last night saying the zebra is red and yellow, and the thread got locked because I was trying to tell the daft fucker that it's black and white. 

Paying for a PTW game that will be freemium when it´s released puts me of H1Z1, if it would have been a small studio I can understand early access but coming from one of the largest which also uses a ancient engine fuck no.

Will never support such stupidity. Early access should only be allowed for smaller studios.

Paying for a PTW game that will be freemium when it´s released puts me of H1Z1, if it would have been a small studio I can understand early access but coming from one of the largest which also uses a ancient engine fuck no.

Will never support such stupidity. Early access should only be allowed for smaller studios.

I can't justify buying it, but I completely agree with what I think you meant.

Sony don't need the cash as much as a small start-up would. I wouldn't have a problem supporting a small company through buying into early access. I won't be buying H1Z1, but I can't wait to play it when it becomes free.

This is my biggest problem with A2 epoch really, from 1+ year of playing my experience is that there's exactly 2 motivations to being a server admin, 1) Cheat '(Esp) or  bend the ruels in favor of your group (unclear rules that are "adjusted" on case by case) 2) Money.

Seriously, the only place where i havent seen any admin abuse has been CCG. I really dont like the high loot servers but i'm so scared of playing anywhere else from numerous admin kills when raiding a base, godmode admins shooting at you, admins telling locations on TS to other people, admins spawning endless amounts of building parts to people they favor over others....

I think I would be more interested about A3 Epoch if the servers were only hosted by the devs.

THIS THIS THIS  a million times. Admins in most Epoch servers are terrible. At least that's the impression I got. All those advertisements like "active admins" only mean that admins will interfere with your gameplay and abuse their powers. There should be only passive admins. Banning hackers. That's it. But when they start spawning shit for themselves and then hunting others... that's a sign of immaturity. I mean, if I wanted to spawn shit for myself I would go to Virtual Reality and be there all the time, but no, they are no different than hackers themselves, destroying joy for others with their power.