Building Limit in Frequency Range

Friendly

Please make it so that we can set the max amount of objects/storage built within a jammers range. I guess this would also have to be so that only 1 jammer can be placed within each jammers range too other wise it would double/triple and so on. Big groups on my server either go overboard or just get bored and build random shit and take over the building limit on the server. With Having only so much space per jammer and a limit this should fix some of the issue that high pop servers are having.

I dont think that's a good idea at all.

In my opinion - 2 plot poles allowed per group.  150 building parts per plot.

Im just saying for a added feature and not to make each base huge. Maybe start it at like 3 tiers and each tier goes from like 75 -125 -150 build objects. Just a extra idea.

CrazyMike, on 09 Jan 2015 - 09:43 AM, said:

The gang and I were actually talking about this - tossing around ideas. 

One was putting  a limit on a base (jammer per group) - The downfall would be "we built all we can build.... now what?"

Another was putting a Jammer into an upgrade system - ie Defaul= 50 pieces  300 Krypto= 30 more pieces   500 Krypto = 50 more pieces   - Negative with this idea is that you don't solve your problem. Groups just keep upgrading to max anyway, and do you put a max in this case? if so, you are back to the idea of the first one. This would force people to not build so quickly though, in which could give people time to get established. 

It seems no matter what is done, there will be people who complain:

"the world limit has been reached?!?! How are we suppose to build? this server is unplayable" - current state

"This server is laggy and dsyncs a Lot!"  - result in upping limit

"Explosives are hard to find and can't find a heli to steal peices" - Result in suggesting base raiding

"Bases explode too easily" - result in increasing explosives and such and/or decreasing the strength of peices

"You have to upgrade your jammer in order to build?!?! that's retarded" - projected complaint about the above suggestion

"There's a limit on per base?!?! that's retarded" - projected complaint about the above suggestion.

"Nooo don't do a server wipe!!!" - if a server wipe is suggested

Hopefully we all can think of a solution that can somewhat please both parties (admins and players). 

This is what i suggested in another thread found HERE

Main point is something like an upgrade system to jammers. 

Awesome, just wanted to make sure you guys have noticed that big servers are getting frustrated with the build limit.

Doesn't even matter on the size of server - eventually any server will have problems with build limit.

ie; small server with only 15 people - let's say 5 people per group. Each group builds massive bases (why? cause they can). eventually you will hit the build limit. 

From my understanding, the build limit will keep on slowly be increased as the mod progresses and things get optimized. The cleanup script is doing lots of work, but in my opinion just a beginning. Main part is to keep in mind, very early alpha and the build limit helps to see errors properly. It frustrates myself with the world build limit, and it's nice to see conversations like these talking about it. With all of us putting our own inputs in, solution will arise. 

Yes.... it's tuff to find the most widely accepted solution.

On a side note about server load.....

I do think to solve players from messing around and making a few walls and leaving them as I've seen, the degradation time on a building piece  (wall, floor etc..) without a jammer should be half of what it is with a jammer or even have it it slated to be removed at next restart.

Another player suggested to not allow building without a jammer down which is an option as well.

Everything contributes to hitting the build limit on a server.

I'm sure it's in the works though.

Yes.... it's tuff to find the most widely accepted solution.

On a side note about server load.....

I do think to solve players from messing around and making a few walls and leaving them as I've seen, the degradation time on a building piece  (wall, floor etc..) without a jammer should be half of what it is with a jammer or even have it it slated to be removed at next restart.

Another player suggested to not allow building without a jammer down which is an option as well.

Everything contributes to hitting the build limit on a server.

I'm sure it's in the works though.

Ya everyone has different opinions, just hope in the near future that they implement some options for us to change all of that stuff.