[HOWTO] Adding a player statusBar

piX

The status Bar shows wrong restart time if the server has been restarted outside usual restart times. While I think this is normal ( How should the bar know what was a normal or scripted restart).

Everything works fine again once normal restart schedule is back on track.

But how about a option to add fixed restart times ? Like calculation from Server Time to fixed Times. i.e. 12 GMT(Fix Restart Time, variables in script) to 11:30 GMT (Time now) = 30 Minutes

Could you trim the damage view to 3 digits ? More digits make the Restart time drop down a line. And imo it is irrelevant if you have 0.0355555 damage or 0.03.

The status Bar shows wrong restart time if the server has been restarted outside usual restart times. While I think this is normal ( How should the bar know what was a normal or scripted restart).

Everything works fine again once normal restart schedule is back on track.

But how about a option to add fixed restart times ? Like calculation from Server Time to fixed Times. i.e. 12 GMT(Fix Restart Time, variables in script) to 11:30 GMT (Time now) = 30 Minutes

Could you trim the damage view to 3 digits ? More digits make the Restart time drop down a line. And imo it is irrelevant if you have 0.0355555 damage or 0.03.

As far as i know there is no way of getting the PC or ServerBOX time into the game without an extra dll or something.

+ People have different timezones so the server has to check that and sent it to all JIP's which result in more traffic ( not that big of a deal here).

i think i did everything right but it seems i keep getting kicked by script restriction #20 which is 

20 7 allowDamage !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;"
21 7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.altis\scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf\""

also im running epoch.Chernarus

so should i change !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.altis\(custom folder)\fn_statusBar.sqf\"" with epoch.chernarus?

!="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\(custom folder)\fn_statusBar.sqf\""

Keep in mind that when you get a kick you should find that line in the appropriate file +1 more line.  So if you're kicked for script restriction 20, look on line 21 of scripts.txt to add the appropriate exception to stop the kick.

Study closely for future reference.

well i copy and pasted line 21 exactly how it is... 

20 7 allowDamage !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;"
21 7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.altis\scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf\""

but im still getting kicked and i edited the epoch.altis to epoch.chernarus and now it says kicked for restriction 0 which taking in what you said is restriction 1.... 

just dont know what to do now... like should i delete #1? or..

this is my #1 in script.txt 

7 "BIS_fnc_" !"getCfgSubClasses" !"animalBehaviour" !"guiEffectTiles_coef" !"GUImessage" !"guiEffectTiles" !"param" !"setIDCStreamFriendly" !"overviewauthor" !"diagAARrecord" !"diagKey" !"feedbackMain" !"missionHandlers" !"getServerVariable" !"missionFlow" !"initParams" !"initRespawn" !"missionTasksLocal" !"missionConversationsLocal" !"missionCon" !"preload" !"logFormat" !"recompile" !"moduleInit" !"feedback_allowPP" !"feedback_allowDeathScreen" !"feedbackInit" !"initMultiplayer" !"MP" !"displayMission" !"feedback_fatiguePP" !"respawnBase" !"dirTo" !"secondsToString" !"guiMessage_status" !"selectRespawnTemplate" !"guiMessage_defaultPositions" !"startLoadingScreen_ids" !"damageChanged" !"incapacitatedEffect" !"invRemove" !"relpos" !"inString" !"findSafePos" !"isPosBlacklisted" !"timeToString" !"distance2D" !"effectKilled" !"dynamictext" !"inAngleSector" !="_this call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_effectFired');"

!="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.Chernarus\(custom folder)\fn_statusBar.sqf\""

Keep in mind that when you get a kick you should find that line in the appropriate file +1 more line.  So if you're kicked for script restriction 20, look on line 21 of scripts.txt to add the appropriate exception to stop the kick.

Study closely for future reference.

well i copy and pasted line 21 exactly how it is... 

20 7 allowDamage !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;"

21 7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM"!"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1"!"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\" !="execVM \"\MPMissions\epoch.altis\scripts\fn_statusBar.sqf\""

but im still getting kicked and i edited the epoch.altis to epoch.chernarus and now it says kicked for restriction 0 which taking in what you said is restriction 1.... 

just dont know what to do now... like should i delete #1? or..

this is my #1 in script.txt 

7 "BIS_fnc_" !"getCfgSubClasses" !"animalBehaviour" !"guiEffectTiles_coef" !"GUImessage" !"guiEffectTiles" !"param" !"setIDCStreamFriendly" !"overviewauthor" !"diagAARrecord" !"diagKey" !"feedbackMain" !"missionHandlers" !"getServerVariable" !"missionFlow" !"initParams" !"initRespawn" !"missionTasksLocal" !"missionConversationsLocal" !"missionCon" !"preload" !"logFormat" !"recompile" !"moduleInit" !"feedback_allowPP" !"feedback_allowDeathScreen" !"feedbackInit" !"initMultiplayer" !"MP" !"displayMission" !"feedback_fatiguePP" !"respawnBase" !"dirTo" !"secondsToString" !"guiMessage_status" !"selectRespawnTemplate" !"guiMessage_defaultPositions" !"startLoadingScreen_ids" !"damageChanged" !"incapacitatedEffect" !"invRemove" !"relpos" !"inString" !"findSafePos" !"isPosBlacklisted" !"timeToString" !"distance2D" !"effectKilled" !"dynamictext" !"inAngleSector" !="_this call (uinamespace getvariable 'BIS_fnc_effectFired');"

well update: 

I did this is my #1 in script.txt i changed the 7 which kicks to a 5 which logs it into the logs... 

just wondering if it is a bad thing that it wont kick for script restriction #0 should i put it back to 7? 

oh and btw, epoch.Charnarus using as missions name in battleeyefilters doesn't always work i think

missions is renamed to _mpCur.Chernarus when active ( if i recall correctly) ( not sure on the name here eather)

oh and btw, epoch.Charnarus using as missions name in battleeyefilters doesn't always work i think

missions is renamed to _mpCur.Chernarus when active ( if i recall correctly) ( not sure on the name here eather)

only when you run mission from folder and not a .pbo

only when you run mission from folder and not a .pbo

.pbo ->

Line 512: 19:33:47  Mission file: NPG (__cur_mp)
	Line 513: 19:33:47  Mission world: Chernarus
	Line 514: 19:33:47  Mission directory: mpmissions\__cur_mp.Chernarus\

.pbo ->

Line 512: 19:33:47  Mission file: NPG (__cur_mp)
	Line 513: 19:33:47  Mission world: Chernarus

Aww that sucks :(

Thought it only made it temp when you didn't .pbo it