#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

Yeah, but they didn't want you to add this, did they?

7 allowDamage !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;" !="SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance)then[{if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage false};

on line 100.

Nope, thats something someone told me to add because of the error i get, the error hasto do with SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance.

And on the other hand, why am i beeing kicked for public variable restrictions when using the admin panel (F1)?

I set SEM_AIdisableSniperDamage = false and I was kicked for script restriction #20:

01.02.2015 14:57:51: BetterDeadThanZed (73.33.57.123:2404) 6adaaab804c6319af7e3f7cf90a4bf21 - #20 "SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance)then[{
if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage false};
},{
if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage true};
}];"

I had to change this line:

7 allowDamage !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;" !="SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance"

adding the !="SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance" to the end. You might want to include that in the instructions.

Nope, thats something someone told me to add because of the error i get, the error hasto do with SEM_AIsniperDamageDistance.

And on the other hand, why am i beeing kicked for public variable restrictions when using the admin panel (F1)?

Add like BetterDeadThanZed did above.

But, you shouldn't be getting that kick to begin with. Kilo wrote an extremely simple mission system, as in simple to set up. He wrote down everything you need to do to get it working in a few minutes. I know this as I have had his system running on our server from the very first release.

My suggestion? Take it or leave it, but what I wold do, is re-install the files. I use GTX, and I use the reinstall option. This reinstalls all the relevant files needed to get the server running back to default. Then go from there, one add on at a time until it all works together nicely. It sucks, it's time consuming, but in my opinion it's easier than digging around through files and not knowing where the error may lie. If your scripts.txt file is messed up, the server won't run correctly as you are seeing. There are so many ways in which things can break.

i can enter and missions are running fine now, the only problem i have now is that im getting kicked for public variable restrictions, dunno why that suddenly poped up. It came after i did a fresh script, with the one you provided =) 

Any toughts?

any chance any1 could upload their publicvariable.txt so i can see what im missing?

@BetterDeadThanZed

Read the readme.txt

- scripts.txt Line 21:

After the filter named 'allowDamage' add:

!="if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage"

Your line should then look like the one in the example scripts.txt on github:

7 allowDamage !="if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage" !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;"
@Moody

Do what you were told and begin with a complete new scripts.txt and read this (pinned for some reason) Thread:

The publicVariable Restriction is not related to SEM, so please use the search function of the forum and/or ask somewhere else.

Some good changes to the latest release. glad to see those mission names i suggested came back. =)

I did it mainly because of Your suggestion.

@cyncrwler

I can't like all Your posts so:

Thanks for Your support during my absence.

Greez KiloSwiss

Finally got around installing this. Looking at my server log, I'm seeing some errors:

15:26:17 "A3EAI Extended Debug: Default trigger check result: [true,"EmptyDetector",[7100,7750,293.99]]"
15:26:17 Error in expression <];
{
A3EAI_useableUniforms pushBack (_x select 0);
} forEach A3EAI_uniformTypes;>
15:26:17   Error position: <select 0);
} forEach A3EAI_uniformTypes;>
15:26:17   Error Generic error in expression
15:26:17 File A3EAI\scripts\A3EAI_buildSkinList.sqf, line 9

15:26:37 "A3EAI Debug: Location configuration completed with 77 locations found in 4.06799 seconds."
15:26:37 "Loaded Server FSM"
15:26:37 "A3EAI Debug: Assembled helicopter list: ["B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Light_01_armed_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Transport_01_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F","B_Heli_Attack_01_F"]"
15:26:37 Error in expression <);   
_ret = _this select _ret;     
};
_ret>
15:26:37   Error position: <_ret>
15:26:37   Error Undefined variable in expression: _ret

I haven't tested it beyond starting the server and reading the logs, but this is just initial problems. That undefined variable keeps popping up in the log. I have seen an AI heli and ground patrol, but haven't had time to go into the towns and look for the walking AI.

Thanks everybody for helping me out! I finally got in and made everything work....

BUT!

Theres always a BUT :P

@KiloSwiss, only 1 mission spawn at the time. Im not getting multiple, i changed the initMission file in sem.pbo to spawn multiple mission when 2 people are online, we are 6-7 now and its still only 1 mission at the time. Timer between missions seems to be as it should tho. 

Anything i might ask you to look into? What do you want me to upload for you?

Cheers!

I want You to read this post:

And next time read trough the changelog.txt the readme.txt and this thread carefully before You ask already answered questions, thanks in advance.

Greez KiloSwiss

Oh shit! Im sorry, that (coming with future update) passed my eyes! Then everything is ok =) Cheers!

KiloSwiss, you should see if the Epoch Devs will give you your own subforum. Having a 40+ thread is a bit disorganized for something this involved. It would help alleviate confusion and there could be stickied topics for common problems, BE script edits, etc.

Somehow i feel thats my fault! haha xD

The folder path to install SEM as a separate mod is the same as with every mod:

@modfolder\addons\mod.pbo

This information can be looked up in several tutorials, the official WIKI page by Bohemia Interactive and when looking into other mods.

And what "misc files" are you talking about?

Greez KiloSwiss

Inside the file "fn_spawnAI.sqf" which is located in the folder "scripts\ai\"

Greez KiloSwiss

I see there are entries for "_Umale", "_Ufemale", "_Uguer", "_Uciv" and "_Ukart". I want the mission AI to wear the same 4 uniforms (Guerilla) and headgear (bandanna's) as the A3EAI that I have installed. Can I just use the same 4 classnames for each of these variables?

The folder path to install SEM as a separate mod is the same as with every mod:

@modfolder\addons\mod.pbo

This information can be looked up in several tutorials, the official WIKI page by Bohemia Interactive and when looking into other mods.

And what "misc files" are you talking about?

Greez KiloSwiss

wel ive downloaded the whole git so probably there

but adding this to my init @ mp mission doesnt work like other missions

if(hasInterface)then{execVM "semClient.sqf"};