#SEM - Simple Epoch Missions v0.8.1 + 0.8.3 test

KiloSwiss

I'd like all the ai in the same uniform as the ai i have set on Vemf and A3EAI. Just makes it easier for my players to recognize the ai as our servers PVE.

The AI Uniforms can be defined in the config file, coming with the next update.

For now (SEM version 0.8.1) You can edit the file "fn_spawnAI.sqf" in "sem.pbo\scripts\ai\".

Greez KiloSwiss

So, I've got your missions system installed.  I have no errors on my RPT. but I not seeing anything spawn. I've change the spawn timer's to 5 minute minimum and 15 minute max. Any thought as to why this is? 

SEM_debug = true;

Test it from there ...

/*    Debug settings:

- Missions time out after 10min

- Minimum players is set to 0

- Time between missions is 60sec

- Mission clean up happens after 2min

- More events and additional data is logged

*/

Can find this in initmissions.sqf

@DayZDrDoom
No one can help You if You don't provide any usefull information like logfiles and/or the files You changed.

#1.
Check Your server RPT if the Missions do spawn or if You find any script/syntax errors.

Look for lines, beginning with "#SEM:" or "#SEM DEBUG:".
If possible, set "SEM_debug" to "true".

#2.
Check if You added the clientside scripts correctly into the mission file (epoch.<island>.pbo) and also check the client .RPT for any errors.

#3.
If everything fails, take the last backup without SEM and do the installation again, carefully and step-by-step.

btw.
No need for double posts, Your server is not that important.

Greez KiloSwiss

Kilo, 

Debug is set to true, no showing anything. Only init.sqf I have in my misisons pbo is yours, I used your files in my epoch.altis.pbo So those are unchanged from what you have, 

I'll just redo it all tonight and see if maybe I missed something, I'm pretty key on making sure I follow the instructions perfectly. 

update: Figured out my error, 

The AI Uniforms can be defined in the config file, coming with the next update.

For now (SEM version 0.8.1) You can edit the file "fn_spawnAI.sqf" in "sem.pbo\scripts\ai\".

Greez KiloSwiss

Thank Kilo, your hard work is greatly appreciated. I am excited to see next update seems to have a lot to offer

dont know if anyone want to try this, the is only one mission enabled in it but its worth a shot if it works i think you will like it but my hosting provider is messing about https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5w1pb96bar83rg/sem.pbo?dl=0this "mission" is only configuered for chernarus, untill i get dynamic waypoints working but it was working in editor, so could someone try it :D forgot to say just replace your SEM.pbo in epochhive/addons 

Had an interesting one today, for the first time I've seen it since putting in 0.81 it's suddenly stopped running missions after one was compeleted, last log entries from SEM was:

4:09:17 "#SEM: Mission AI searching for new possible thread(s)"
 4:09:22 "#SEM DEBUG: Possible threads: [b Alpha 1-1:2 (SmokeyHaze) REMOTE,B Alpha 1-1:1 (Bones) REMOTE]"
 4:09:26 "#SEM: Mission "Supply Van" finished"
 4:09:28 "#SEM: AI moving stopped - Remaining AIs: (0/3)"

Server ran for another 2.5 hrs with no more missions spawning.

Success!

The convoys are fully working, including the updating position marker.

Many other changes mentioned on the last pages, were also implemented.

To do:

- Finish the convoy missions (4 different variants).

- Move the AI gear to the new, external config (outside the sem.pbo).

- Test it on a live server (only did local tests so far).

If nothing happens, expect the update to be released tomorrow.

Good night everyone!

Greez KiloSwiss

Success!

The convoys are fully working, including the updating position marker.

Many other changes mentioned on the last pages, were also implemented.

To do:

- Finish the convoy missions (4 different variants).

- Move the AI gear to the new, external config (outside the sem.pbo).

- Test it on a live server (only did local tests so far).

If nothing happens, expect the update to be released tomorrow.

Good night everyone!

Greez KiloSwiss

nice Kilo, really looking forward to the convoy missions. :)

Uber Spooge!!

Hey Kiloswiss,

I'm using a custom script to call some of your AI for static spawns, is there any way to give them some sort of fortify command so they get in nearby buildings? I'm calling them as below:

_group1 = [[(_position select 0) + 90, (_position select 1),0],(5+(random 4))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group2 = [[(_position select 0) - 160, (_position select 1),0],(5+(random 4))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group3 = [[(_position select 0), (_position select 1) + 145,0],(5+(random 4))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group4 = [[(_position select 0) + 30, (_position select 1) - 105,0],(5+(random 4))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group5 = [[(_position select 0) - 3, (_position select 1) + 355,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group6 = [[(_position select 0) + 203, (_position select 1) + 242,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group7 = [[(_position select 0) + 287, (_position select 1) + 8,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group8 = [[(_position select 0) + 202, (_position select 1) - 198,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group9 = [[(_position select 0) - 53.5, (_position select 1) - 271.5,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group10 = [[(_position select 0) - 300, (_position select 1) - 181.5,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group11 = [[(_position select 0) - 300, (_position select 1) - 181.5,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group11 = [[(_position select 0) - 242, (_position select 1) + 34,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;
_group12 = [[(_position select 0) - 255.5, (_position select 1) + 274.5,0],(5+(random 1))] call SEM_fnc_spawnAI;

Help script restiction#21 : 

7 playableunits !="getDir _x, name _x];};}forEach playableUnits;};if" !"{getplayeruid _x == _ownerVar} count playableunits" !="lbSetData[21500, _index, netId _x];\n} forEach(playableUnits - [player]);"
7 allUnits !="allUnits-playableUnits;};if" !="{_x allowFleeing 0} forEach allUnits;" !="EPOCH_ESPMAP_TARGETS = allUnits + vehicles;"
7 allowDamage !="if(!isPlayer _x)then{_x allowDamage" !="player allowDamage true;vehicle player allowDamage true;"
7 exec !="execVM \"semClient.sqf\"" !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\""
7 addWeaponCargo 

@Havoc302

I can give You a script to move units into nearby buildings.

But You might want to edit/adapt it for Your needs.

Will send You a PM when I'm back at the PC.

@SilentHog

What magic do You expect to happen now?

Seriously, fix Your BE restriction kicks by Yourself (there are enough ressources full with information), and learn to upload the necessary files all together as an attachment instead of posting long texts.

Very important: Pack all related files together!