about Mellyshouse

Matijs

I agree, but this is an alpha release, server owners realise this. Why limit you pool of testers to a handful of servers and not give the rest the choice to test.  Que the generic response "we want relaible testing done and reliable reports"  It gets old, and i expect it to be used shortly after this post.

Actually - this is a very often voiced question and I usually give this example: 

Story: 

1.) You are the developer of a brand of Orange Juice. For a while, you have been working on a new product (O point 5 - a Half Orange Juice, Half Lemon Juice drink). Your testing of the product in your lab have been pretty successful, and you feel comfortable handing out sample from your prepared batch that you mixed together. 

2.) Your marketing team steps in, is amazed about the product and takes your just written notes on the recipe, sends it to the factory that ships it out nationwide.

3.) Someone missed seeing the recipe called for 2 part lemon to 6 parts Orange Juice and instead puts it at an even 3 parts to 6 part, changing the recipe and taste.

4.) Consumer buys the new O point 5, and get a drink with sever lemon taste. They spit it out, curse at the developer of O point 5, and tells all their friends to avoid it. 

Result: 

While it was a clear issue reading the recipe (or a bug where crypto is not working correctly (just example)), the real damage was that it was prematurely released to the nationwide market. A tiny error magnified opinion and end up giving a sour taste to potential new and existing clients. 

How to avoid it: 

Having the product tested in a small test market with only a single store would limit exposure to bad opinion and allow you to have market greeters that ask you why you don't like it and can get feedback instantly on the problem, pulling the product from the shelves if there is an obvious problem to fix. :) 

I tend to be long-winded sometimes in my examples, so I'll stop here and let people suffer the mediocre example.  :) 

Add to that ... analogy, that the orange juice is given away freely.

Absolutely, although example is working for paid or free products alike. 

Adding cost to the story would be something I would normally do, but redacted from the example, as the thread would likely be 5 pages long before I finished that wall of text. 

Co-workers reading this thread will be amazed how I managed to contain myself to only 15 lines and 314 words. :D  :rolleyes:

Entitlement is the disease of this century.

Epoch devs create something and some spoilt fuckwits who want it now suddenly try to argue that they're entitled to it; because!

Sincerely, fuck off. 

badass.png

Sincerley, LOL at you...

it gets old....lol because its true and you cant comprehend it, so we keep having to remind you

seriously, they're making a free mod for all of us to enjoy but its not good enough apparently.

It gets old because you are under the assumption that your factual report of a bug is any different from another person factual report of a bug. You can't comprehend that apparently, So I thought i'd remind you!

Actually - this is a very often voiced question and I usually give this example: 

Story: 

1.) You are the developer of a brand of Orange Juice. For a while, you have been working on a new product (O point 5 - a Half Orange Juice, Half Lemon Juice drink). Your testing of the product in your lab have been pretty successful, and you feel comfortable handing out sample from your prepared batch that you mixed together. 

2.) Your marketing team steps in, is amazed about the product and takes your just written notes on the recipe, sends it to the factory that ships it out nationwide.

3.) Someone missed seeing the recipe called for 2 part lemon to 6 parts Orange Juice and instead puts it at an even 3 parts to 6 part, changing the recipe and taste.

4.) Consumer buys the new O point 5, and get a drink with sever lemon taste. They spit it out, curse at the developer of O point 5, and tells all their friends to avoid it. 

Result: 

While it was a clear issue reading the recipe (or a bug where crypto is not working correctly (just example)), the real damage was that it was prematurely released to the nationwide market. A tiny error magnified opinion and end up giving a sour taste to potential new and existing clients. 

How to avoid it: 

Having the product tested in a small test market with only a single store would limit exposure to bad opinion and allow you to have market greeters that ask you why you don't like it and can get feedback instantly on the problem, pulling the product from the shelves if there is an obvious problem to fix. :)

I tend to be long-winded sometimes in my examples, so I'll stop here and let people suffer the mediocre example.   :)

You really didn't need to bother with an over complicated way of saying the players here and Server owners/admins are idiots and that they do not realise it is an Alpha mod, and that they can't possible give an astute and factual report of a bug. How could they possibly give accurate information back to the devs!!!!! How dare they want to help the game or help make it as sucssesful as it can be. How dare they vanilla A3 servers want to contribute in a small way to make the life of others easy. I know, instead of taking the factual reports of Vanilla A3 servers owners, we will limit the audiance and limit the help to a few servers, makes sense right? These Server owners and their infactual reports, it would cause chaos. They would deviate from the mandated format that gets used already, because well.............. they are all thick.

Some people just want to help.

Tobias just wants to come on looking hard with foul language like some 12 year old kiddie.

golf-clap.gif

golf-clap.gif

Ahh,..  Men at work - awesome gif. :) 

Expecting a generic brush-off response to a question and getting an answer that did not fit into your point, does not mean you need to interpret and belittle it.  :D  B)

I think most of the people reading this thread, and this forum in some way wants to be involved and help out. I wish I could too, since I am off on vacation and nothing to do the rest of the year.

Some things just should not be released to the masses before it is ok to do so, which is what I was trying to say.

I'm not witty enough to come up with a good remark back at you, so I'll just invite all readers of this post to a group hug: 

friendshug.gif

Ahh,..  Men at work - awesome gif. :)

Expecting a generic brush-off response to a question and getting an answer that did not fit into your point, does not mean you need to interpret and belittle it.  :D  B)

I think most of the people reading this thread, and this forum in some way wants to be involved and help out. I wish I could too, since I am off on vacation and nothing to do the rest of the year.

Some things just should not be released to the masses before it is ok to do so, which is what I was trying to say.

I'm not witty enough to come up with a good remark back at you, so I'll just invite all readers of this post to a group hug: 

friendshug.gif

I wasn't belitting your remark, I was just reading the hidden inuendo for what it was. Maybe I have more faith in Humans that they are savvy enough to realise that you can't judge a product on it being unfinished.

I eagerly await the next barrage of

"bad reports"

"Ingrate remarks"

"entitled remarks"

"childish insulting"

"foul language"

"you better be greatful remarks"  I forgot this one and had to edit it in, as it's common here.

And all the other generic sheeple nonsense that gets flung around.

Story: 

Result: 

How to avoid it: 

I tend to be long-winded sometimes in my examples, so I'll stop here and let people suffer the mediocre example.   :)

Are you talking about orange sherbet ? :)

soda_orangesherbet_ca.png

Why should anybody care? Mell's server is testing stuff , cool for them , less debugging for me.

People should be grateful.

Who cares about who's admin in which server or forum? I rather play the game, being admin is hard work and people just don't appreciate, much like being dev lol

Best wishes!

I think most people in the thread said it right. 

Mells House is not just a community server. It's an official development server. As such we use it for large scale testing for RC patches and new content patches. As we finalize the build we will release the server files.

I know it seems unfair to some but it's not, because in the end you get a version that isn't as buggy. 

Thread locked.