Please bring back the Arma 2 Trader system

Lord1385

I want to please the Arma 2 Trader System ...  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Arma 2 Trader System

• Yes please the present term is shit
    • No the present term is perfectly ok, new game new trial
    • Do what you want, I'll let amaze me

hello,

I can not get used to the new Trader System you want the old me back. The reason is if you merely with a few friends playing you can not buy at Trader and therefore it is unnecessary. but what I really like is the unity, crypto currency. I once made a Umfage to see if I'm alone with the opinion or not ...

Sorry for my bad English

I am not having any issues buying from them, only time we ran into that was if someone else was near the vender or also trying to buy/sell at the same time.  Other than that it works fine, you can only buy what you sell to them.  I dont think preloading them with crap is needed.  I was in that mindset at the start but once people start selling it fills up quickly.

I would love to see a combine system for it. Like have trader city's that have some thing always to sell and then have the other ones that only sells what have been sold there before. You could even make it little more expensive in the trader city's. So it looks that they bought there stuff from the other traders (Everybody need to earn some money :) ) .

I would love to see a combine system for it. Like have trader city's that have some thing always to sell and then have the other ones that only sells what have been sold there before. You could even make it little more expensive in the trader city's. So it looks that they bought there stuff from the other traders (Everybody need to earn some money :) ) .

Not a bad idea +1

The issue i've been seeing with the current trader system is mostly just that people dont sell stuff, because others aren't so their isnt anything to buy at the traders. Perhaps having a small preloaded stock of 2-3 items at each trader may encourage it more while not taking away from the survival aspect. I mean you cant really call "a trader"  a trader without something to trade.

The issue i've been seeing with the current trader system is mostly just that people dont sell stuff, because others aren't so their isnt anything to buy at the traders. Perhaps having a small preloaded stock of 2-3 items at each trader may encourage it more while not taking away from the survival aspect. I mean you cant really call "a trader"  a trader without something to trade.

I usually loot anything I find until my inventory fills, then I sell what I don't need to the traders. I only keep what I can use on me. It's tougher to be a hoarder in A3 Epoch than it is in Dayz Epoch.

I like the new system; there's nothing wrong with it. I love how you can't just get rich, go to some guy's base, raid him, die, respawn and buy another high powered rifle and go back... It takes a little while to gear up again, at least it gives the owner enough time for the base owner to prepare him/herself. Also, it makes absolutely no sense for the trader to have an unlimited collection of Lynx snipers, for example.

I enjoy the current trader system as well. I'm also fairly confident that the current system will be built upon and improved greatly over time. This poll is really unnecessary and premature.

Having some traders stocked with the basic essentials isn't a terrible idea, though. However, I've found that once the server has been up for a decent amount of time, the trader stocks tend to be fine. 

The only thing that irks me is the bug that prevents you from buying items from traders for no apparent reason. That can get a little frustrating. 

I'm sure as soon as scripts come out people who run the server can do whatever they want.

Whether that's put in the classic A2 style trading system or leave it as is or do a combination of both It will be up to them.

The current system is what they came up with.

Don't forget the fact that it makes finding gear a lot harder. If you want that specific part for your base, you can't just go out and buy it, you have to search every trader for it until you find it or kill someone for it.

THIS. Either that or maybe have some kind of a "trickle" replenishment for basic food items where a single item of a set table is added every hour to the trader or something. 

Yeah I like the new trader system as well.  I think it just needs to be tweaked a bit, which will be happening pretty often through the patches I'm sure.  What needs attention is the organization of items imo.  For instance, it would be nice if, instead of showing 30 of the same 30rnd Stanag 5.56 mags independently that you have to scroll past to see anything else, it would just say the items name with the quantity of the item next to it, like "30rnd Stanag 5.56 ________ 30".  I think that alone would help de-clutter things.

I would love to see a combine system for it. Like have trader city's that have some thing always to sell and then have the other ones that only sells what have been sold there before. You could even make it little more expensive in the trader city's. So it looks that they bought there stuff from the other traders (Everybody need to earn some money :) ) .

I mentioned the same thing a while ago.  I think it would be good to at least have a static trader selling food and drink.  Currently, I'm manually stocking one of the traders at each protected spawn point with food and drink since it's so hard to keep up with consumption requirements right now.  And like you said, convenience should cost more $$$.

I usually loot anything I find until my inventory fills, then I sell what I don't need to the traders. I only keep what I can use on me. It's tougher to be a hoarder in A3 Epoch than it is in Dayz Epoch.

That's the thing, everyone is selling everything they don't need, and so the must-need or rarity items are rarely being sold, if ever at all.  For most things I think it's a good thing since it forces people to scavenge for what they need, but when it comes to things like food and drink, well...  But so what you have is traders that are filling up with ridiculous amounts of items that no one really wants and no one is buying.  People keep selling and selling and rarely buying.  Quite the conundrum.  Surely people didn't have these issues back in the bartering days. =p

how do you manually add to the trader inventory as a server admin?  I thought you couldnt add to it via the DB?

You spawn things and sell the stuff to them lol.

The only thing I'd like to have back is trader "classes", as in having a specific trader for weapons, vehicles, food and misc. at trader cities; while the random traders around the map could just buy and sell everything at different rates of Krypto.

That'd be interesting.

Like traders that will only buy and sell certain items.  Eh... I don't know, that would make things more difficult though... for one thing traders would need specific icons for the map markers.  There would need to be a physical indication showing players what the trader specializes in.  Maybe even if traders would be willing to buy and trade anything, but that different traders valued certain items more than others and priced them accordingly.  That would be really cool, but that would probably be a bitch to code lol.

Nope new system is way better makes people work for there stuff not just go do some AI mission (when they are in) loot it sell it and buy everything they want.

Let's be honest arma2 epoch was not hard to make money which led to end game being over pretty quick

That is because alot of server owners do not know how to fix and slow that down. IMO, this has nothing to do with traders, because in its present state, Epoch A3 end game is reachable in about 1 week.