[RELEASE] Welcome Messages v2.1 | Intro Music | Easy Config

Gr8

You can use http://media.io/ converter to convert your music to *.ogg. Another converter that will convert to *.ogg is Audacity, it can be found at http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Also, I doubt this will fix your problem as you should have seen the messages within 10 seconds of joining, but there is a delay that you can change the time on.. 

In your welome.sqf that you created:

_Delay                = 10; // Wait in seconds before the credits start after player IS ingame
_FadeIn             = 2; //how long one role should stay on screen. Use value from 0 to 10 where 0 is almost instant transition to next role

This did not work, The messages are not showing up in game and I dont see where the RPT file is even recording any thing from this at all.

I did add the following from here

I tried many times with different ways to do this with no luck. I need some serious help here.

* I made custom file inside mission file and placed the Welcome.sqf file there. I also placed the init.sqf file to missions file. Does it matter where I place the init.sqf file? 
* I did not have Description.ext file, but under MPmissions file I found epoch.Chernarus.pbo and I unranked it and thus I got the Description.ext file. After modifying it, I repacked it to pbo file. 

I did all of the steps but unfortunately nothing seems to be working. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong here.

I tried many times with different ways to do this with no luck. I need some serious help here.

* I made custom file inside mission file and placed the Welcome.sqf file there. I also placed the init.sqf file to missions file. Does it matter where I place the init.sqf file? 
* I did not have Description.ext file, but under MPmissions file I found epoch.Chernarus.pbo and I unranked it and thus I got the Description.ext file. After modifying it, I repacked it to pbo file. 

I did all of the steps but unfortunately nothing seems to be working. Please help me understand what I'm doing wrong here.

Mine PBO Folder looks like this:

/Epoch.Map/custom/introsong.ogg

/Epoch.Map/custom/welcome.sqf

/epoch.Map/description.ext

/epoch.Map/init.sqf

While in Custom I have the code of the Welcome message. And in the description.ext and Init.sqf file the changes from Page 1.

Then you Pack the Folder /Epoch.Map/ into a pbo.

If there is no description.ext you need to create one.(Watch out windows likes to make it a description.ext.txt, did cost me 1 hour of my life. I hate Windows)

epoch.Map is obviously your map you wanna use like Altis, cherna etc.

Same as you, doesnt work although I followed everything

I found out that the my server needs 3-5 minutes of running before he shows this. I assume that has to do with the startup routines of the server. After that time it works fine and reliable. But if you restart and directly connect it doesn't show for me too.

(Watch out windows likes to make it a description.ext.txt, did cost me 1 hour of my life. I hate Windows)

I recommend using notepad++ for editing the description.ext and all the other files as it seems to give no issues whatsoever with the file extensions.

Mine PBO Folder looks like this:

/Epoch.Map/custom/introsong.ogg

/Epoch.Map/custom/welcome.sqf

/epoch.Map/description.ext

/epoch.Map/init.sqf

While in Custom I have the code of the Welcome message. And in the description.ext and Init.sqf file the changes from Page 1.

Then you Pack the Folder /Epoch.Map/ into a pbo.

If there is no description.ext you need to create one.(Watch out windows likes to make it a description.ext.txt, did cost me 1 hour of my life. I hate Windows)

epoch.Map is obviously your map you wanna use like Altis, cherna etc.

Thank you buddy, I got everything but the music to work. It made me download the intro file, but it did not come up. I tried it 3 times with music on, on the arma menu but still not luck.

if(isDedicated) exitWith {};

_sizeTitle             = 0.55; // Font Size of the Title Messages
_sizeSubText         = 0.45;  // Font Size of the SubTitle Messages
_colorTitle         = "#FF0000"; // HTML Color Code of the Title Messages (must start with '#' )
_colorSubText         = "#EFEFEF"; // HTML Color Code of the SubTitle Messages (must start with '#' )
_alignTitle         = "left"; // Alignment of the Title Message (right or left)
_alignSubText         = "right"; // Alignment of the SubTitle Message (right or left)
_fontTitle             = "PuristaSemibold"; // Font Type Of Title Messages
_fontSubText        = "PuristaLight"; // Font Type Of SubTitle Messages

_Delay                = 10; // Wait in seconds before the credits start after player IS ingame
_FadeIn             = 2; //how long one role should stay on screen. Use value from 0 to 10 where 0 is almost instant transition to next role

_IntroMusic            = true; // Welcome Intro Song During the credits (true or false)

_posDefault         = [0.3,0.55,0.5]; // Defualt Positions of all Credits

_title             = "Welcome Survivor";
_shorttext         = "Arma 3 Epoch By M.g.F.";
_posText        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

_title2         = "Website";
_shorttext2     = "www.multigaming-freaks.com";
_posText2        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

_title3            = "Teamspeak 3";
_shorttext3     = "ts3.multigaming-freaks.com";
_posText3        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

_title4         = "Donate";
_shorttext4     = "Support the server and Help it stay up";
_posText4        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

_title5         = "Custom Scripts";
_shorttext5     = "Welcome Messages<br />Statusbar<br />Custom Traders<br /> Anti Hack";
_posText5        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

_title6         = "Play Fair and Enjoy";
_shorttext6     = "Admins are Always Empty";
_posText6        = [0.25,0.5,0.4];

/***********************************************************************************************************************************************/
/***********************************************************************************************************************************************/
/*                                        /!\ DO NOT EDIT BELOW THIS LINE. DO NOT REMOVE CREDITS /!\
/*
/*                                            SCRIPTING BY:        GR8 [GhostzGamerz.com]
/*                                            VERSION:            2.1
/*                                            DATE:            21 December 2014
/*
_ms = [];
for "_i" from 1 to 50 do
{
    _t = if (_i!=1) then { format["_title%1",_i] } else { "_title" };
    _s = if (_i!=1) then { format["_shorttext%1",_i] } else { "_shorttext" };
    _p = if (_i!=1) then { format["_postext%1",_i] } else { "_postext" };
    if (!isNil _t or !isNil _s) then
    {
        _at = if (!isNil _t) then { call compile _t } else { "" };
        _as = if (!isNil _s) then { call compile _s } else { "" };
        _ap = if (!isNil _p) then { call compile _p } else { _posDefault };
        _ms = _ms + [[_at,_as,_ap]];
    }
};
waitUntil {!isNuLL(uiNameSpace getVariable ["EPOCH_loadingScreen",displayNull])};
waitUntil {isNuLL(uiNameSpace getVariable ["EPOCH_loadingScreen",displayNull])};
sleep _Delay;
if (_IntroMusic) then { playSound "Intro";};
player enableSimulation true;
{
    _t = _x select 0;
    _s = _x select 1;
    _pX = _x select 2 select 0;
    _pY = _x select 2 select 1;
    _pW = _x select 2 select 2;
    _m = format ["<t size='%1' color='%2' align='%3' font='%4'>%5<br /></t>", _sizeTitle, _colorTitle, _alignTitle, _fontTitle, _t];
    _m = _m + format ["<t size='%1' color='%2' align='%3' font='%4'>%5<br /></t>", _sizeSubText, _colorSubText, _alignSubText, _fontSubText, _s];
    _tm = round (count toArray (_t+_s) / 6 / 2) + 3;
    [ _m, [_pX * safeZoneW + safeZoneX, _pW], [_pY * safezoneH + safezoneY, 1 * safezoneH + safezoneY], _tm, _FadeIn ] spawn BIS_fnc_dynamicText;
    sleep (_tm+_FadeIn+4);
} forEach _ms;

description.ext

author = "Epoch Mod Team";
class Header
{
 gameType = Sandbox;
 minPlayers = 1;
 maxPlayers = 100;
};

class RscTitles
{

#include "dialog\statusBar.hpp"
};

respawn = "BASE";
respawnDelay = 600;
respawnDialog = 0;

onLoadMission= "Epoch";
OnLoadIntro = "Welcome to Epoch Mod";
loadScreen = "\x\addons\a3_epoch_assets\pictures\loadScreen_ca.paa"; 
OnLoadIntroTime = False;
OnLoadMissionTime = False;
onLoadName = "Epoch Mod";
disabledAI = true;
scriptedPlayer = 1;
disableChannels[]={2,6};
enableItemsDropping = 0;
briefing = 0;
debriefing = 0;
enableDebugConsole = 0;
joinUnassigned = 0;
respawnOnStart = 0;
forceRotorLibSimulation = 0;

corpseManagerMode = 1;
corpseLimit = 10;
corpseRemovalMinTime = 600;
corpseRemovalMaxTime = 1200;

wreckManagerMode = 1;
wreckLimit = 2;
wreckRemovalMinTime = 60;
wreckRemovalMaxTime = 180;

class CfgRemoteExecCommands {};

class CfgSounds
{
	sounds[] = {};
    class Intro
    {
        name = "Intro";
        sound[] = {"\sounds\IntroSong.ogg", 1, 1};
		titles[] = {};
    };
};

Thank you buddy, I got everything but the music to work. It made me download the intro file, but it did not come up. I tried it 3 times with music on, on the arma menu but still not luck.

Only Ogg files work.

And it only works some minutes after restart for me.

For me he seems to ignore the volumne settings

hi this works perfect just add the battle eye filters and works first time and in this line _title6         = "Play Fair & Enjoy"; replace the & symbol or you only get the play fair in battle eye script.txt  add these

on line 2 replace yours with

7 "BIS_fnc_dynamictext" !", 0, 1, 5, 2, 0, 1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;" !", 0, 0.4, 5, 2, 0, 2] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;" !"snil '_fnc_scriptName') then {_fnc_scriptName}" "sleep (_onScreenTime) spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;"

on line 20 replace yours with

7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\" !=execVM "custom\welcome.sqf";"

hi this works perfect just add the battle eye filters and works first time and in this line _title6         = "Play Fair & Enjoy"; replace the & symbol or you only get the play fair in battle eye script.txt  add these

on line 2 replace yours with

7 "BIS_fnc_dynamictext" !", 0, 1, 5, 2, 0, 1] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;" !", 0, 0.4, 5, 2, 0, 2] spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;" !"snil '_fnc_scriptName') then {_fnc_scriptName}" "sleep (_onScreenTime) spawn bis_fnc_dynamictext;"

on line 20 replace yours with

7 exec !="<execute expression=" !"RscDebugConsole_execute" !"execFSM" !"_executeStackedEventHandler" !"fn_execVM" !"fn_moduleExecute" !"fn_execRemote" !"fn_MPexec" !"bis_fnc_moduleExecute_activate" !"fn_tridentExecute" !"randomize_civ1" !"executed from" !"EPOCH_DebugGUI_exec" !"_handle = [_display] execVM _script;" !"execVM \"\A3\Structures_F\scripts" !="execVM \"\A3\Structures_F_EPC\Civ\PlayGround\scripts\Carousel_spin.sqf\" !=execVM "custom\welcome.sqf";"

Still got restriction 20! All time and I added this already to BEfilters

I just changed from the old version with no music to the new one, everything is working fine; I see the text and hear the music.. but i don't like the way the text has changed to the middle.. could anyone plz suggest which co-ords to edit to make it like the old version, aligned to the right?