Towing?

milansubzero

Here what its saying on my logs and LoveTrooper is one of my admins on the server look at what it tells him: 

03:38:23 : Player #0 Maverick (Player GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Ban (EpochMod.com Autoban #0)
03:38:29 : Player #1 akaMetalbeast (Player GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: Admin Ban (EpochMod.com Autoban #0)
03:39:00 : Player #2 lovetrooper (Player GUID) has been kicked by BattlEye: SetVariable Restriction #0

Setting the 'addon' variable in the EpochAH config to 'false' did NOT solve my issue either.  Right now I have the publicvariable line set to 1.  Not the best idea, but its all testing right now anyway ;)

Moving on to work on some other stuff with the AI. I think the publicvariable issue has to due with some sort of  watchdog issue....just not too sure.

Hi guys,

I'm not using the built in antihack tool (yet). On your test servers (or live) try turning the Epoch Antihack tool off [make sure you have a whitelist whilst testing] feature off to see if this resolves the issue.

If it does post here and we can talk with the devs.

Note that as this is custom addon and not part of the release so the devs are not obliged to fix it!

Mike.

R3F Logs Battleye Filters
scritps.txt
7 "BIS_fnc" !"_fnc_areEqual"
7 exec   !"execVM \"R3F_Log"
7 attachTo !"R3F_LOG"
7 createVehicleLocal !"R3F_LOG"
7 allUnits !"R3F_LOG"
7 allowDamage !"R3F_LOG"
7 removeEventHandler !"R3F_LOG"
7 createDialog !"R3F_LOG"
7 setvelocity !"R3F_LOG" !"_objet_a_decharger"

SetVariable
5 "" !"r3f_log" 

AttachTo
5 ""   changed to 3"" due to needing to specify every vehicle object.
Alternative is to place a !"ebike_epoch" type entry for every object you plan to permit players to interact and move/load.

I tried this but in the Attachto.txt I added all the vehicles instead of changing 5"" to 3"" the normal kick has vanished but I am getting... kicked for script restriction #96 what could that be? below are my script lines between 90 and 100

90 7 _typeofHookMonky
91 7 _allocMemory
92 7 _d3d9multipliervariable
93 7 _runASM
94 7 _addGFX_hookD3D9eventhandler
95 7 _BEhookBYPASSBOB
96 7 JJMMEE_INIT_MENU
97 7 "BIS_fnc" !"_fnc_areEqual"
98 7 exec   !"execVM \"R3F_Log"
99 7 attachTo !"R3F_LOG"
100 7 createVehicleLocal !"R3F_LOG"

I also done what Darth said...

Disable add-on checks in EpochAH config. 

But still I get the kicks.. Any ideas?

Below is the logged kick...

15.12.2014 06:31:35: [DZW]Real-killer (86.181.106.213:2304) 97db3a600eeacfa70a092a3457243a82 - #96 "["BIS_fnc_diagAARrecord","BIS_fnc_diagKey","BIS_fnc_feedbackMain","BIS_fnc_missionHandlers","BIS_fnc_init","BIS_fnc_getServerVar"

That's not towing that's Airlifting we want towing... like a truck that tows cars...

Anyway I fixed the above #96 it was me been stupid pasting stuff in the wrong place... I have now corrected that but I am now getting the same #96 but with a different log...

if (!is"
15.12.2014 06:31:35: [DZW]Real-killer (86.181.106.213:2304) 97db3a600eeacfa70a092a3457243a82 - #96 "["BIS_fnc_diagAARrecord","BIS_fnc_diagKey","BIS_fnc_feedbackMain","BIS_fnc_missionHandlers","BIS_fnc_init","BIS_fnc_getServerVar"
15.12.2014 06:55:22: [DZW]Real-killer (86.181.106.213:2304) 97db3a600eeacfa70a092a3457243a82 - #96 "e","_params","_class"];

with uinamespace do {

if (isnil "bis_fnc_init") then {
_functionsInit = gettext (configfile >> "CfgFu"
15.12.2014 07:05:30: [DZW]Real-killer (86.181.106.213:2304) 97db3a600eeacfa70a092a3457243a82 - #96 "rom 0 to 5 do {
_animation = 1 + 0.8 * round (1 - abs sin ((BIS_fnc_guiEffectTiles_coef -8/12 + _ix/12) * 180));
for "_iy" from "

This should really be simple to figure out, as you all are posting error logs left and right. 

Step 1 ==> Are you getting kicked for restrictions? If No, Finish here. 

Step 2 ==> Have you fixed the BE filter? If No, start by learning about editing it here: http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/  If Yes, move on to #3

Step 3 ==> Upload to Server, restart and Go to Step 1. 

Still having problems? I postulate that error is found in Step 2... Trying to figure out why it gets triggered is half the fun - fixing it is the icing on the cake. :) 

This should really be simple to figure out, as you all are posting error logs left and right. 

Step 1 ==> Are you getting kicked for restrictions? If No, Finish here. 

Step 2 ==> Have you fixed the BE filter? If No, start by learning about editing it here: http://opendayz.net/threads/a-guide-to-battleye-filters.21066/  If Yes, move on to #3

Step 3 ==> Upload to Server, restart and Go to Step 1. 

Still having problems? I postulate that error is found in Step 2... Trying to figure out why it gets triggered is half the fun - fixing it is the icing on the cake. :) 

Well that's not really any help at all is it?

Well I managed to get mine working perfectly now after 3 long days :D Do you think I would be allowed to post my towing files and BE filters here for others to use or is that no allowed? :S

There seem to be a lot of tight fucks around on ArmA 3 Epoch... they get things running and don't bother to share them they just keep them to themselves... Well no that's just crap why not post and allow other people to enjoy these things... I will speak to the owner of the script and tell them I changed it a bit and want to help others run this script and ask if its ok to post it here, If I am allowed I will post the towing files and battleye files here.

Ok sweet, Did not need to change much at all here, Its basically just put together to help people that are having a hard time making it work.

Files:

>>NEW LINK COMING SOON<<

For Unchanged Servers (Easy way)

Open Rar file (R3F Towing A3 Epoch.rar)

Copy the files from "MpMissions to your MpMissions folder

Open the Battleye Filters file and copy the 3 files to your battleye folder.

For servers that already have custom scripts:

Open Rar file (R3F Towing A3 Epoch.rar)

Copy icons, scripts folders from "MpMissions to your MpMissions folder.

Open your Init.sqf and add...  execVM "scripts\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\init.sqf";   to the bottom

Open descriptions.ext and add... #include "scripts\R3F_ARTY_AND_LOG\desc_include.h" to the very bottom

Next you may want to add the battleye filters.

FILTERS POSTED BY horbin

R3F Logs Battleye Filters

scritps.txt
7 "BIS_fnc" !"_fnc_areEqual"
7 exec   !"execVM \"R3F_Log"
7 attachTo !"R3F_LOG"
7 createVehicleLocal !"R3F_LOG"
7 allUnits !"R3F_LOG"
7 allowDamage !"R3F_LOG"
7 removeEventHandler !"R3F_LOG"
7 createDialog !"R3F_LOG"
7 setvelocity !"R3F_LOG" !"_objet_a_decharger"

SetVariable
5 "" !"r3f_log" 

AttachTo
5 ""   changed to 3"" due to needing to specify every vehicle object.
Alternative is to place a !"ebike_epoch" type entry for every object you plan to permit players to interact and move/load.

With my filters I added each vehicle from Epoch to AttachTo.

Hope this help some of you out, I do NOT own this script or claim to own any of its content, I have simply been trying to get this working for 3 days and finally it does so I decided to post my files in case others are struggling.

Hmm This don't actually seem to work towing cars work but air lifting a vehicle was kicking when you drop it "setpos.txt" so i added exceptions for all the vehicles and now it don't kick but what happens is.... when lifting a truck and dropping it it deletes the truck... I lifted an SUV and dropped it and the suv returned to where I picked it up... any ideas?

FYI latest version of R3F works perfectly as it is, loaded straight into the server, only had to add the class names of the vehicles and make sure the creation factory was turned off and of course go through and turn some of the BE filters to 3, I've got admins to keep an eye on the logs it generates so I'll worry about exceptions later.

Hmm This don't actually seem to work towing cars work but air lifting a vehicle was kicking when you drop it "setpos.txt" so i added exceptions for all the vehicles and now it don't kick but what happens is.... when lifting a truck and dropping it it deletes the truck... I lifted an SUV and dropped it and the suv returned to where I picked it up... any ideas?

Once you drop the vehicle you have to get in it and drive it back and forth so the server can update it's position in the database.