Admin Menu - Variables Restrictions

steamROLLER

Question

I understand those are not your variables.  Those were examples.  The admin menu loads Skaronator but if I click my name then select "Give Ammo" or "Heal" it kicks me for PublicVariable: Restriction #0

Typically, this can be fixed by adding the public variable for that menu/script within the publicvariable.txt file to grant access for that functionality to start working.  My only concern is when adding the public variable to grant access, I'm opening up potential areas hackers can abuse.  Am I correct? --  If not, it would be greatly appreciated to provide the correct variables to use.

Thanks,

steamROLLER

Hey everyone,

Just to clear this up, and make it as easy to understand as possible... In order for the new built in Admin Tools to work properly your server has to meet a few requirements.

1) You must have Battleye enabled

2) You must have BEC installed, running, and using the WatchDog plugin

3) You must use the BEServer.dll file that is included with the Server Files

If your server meets all these requirements then you'll need to do the following to ensure it's configured to work properly.

1) Open the @EpochHive folder

2) Edit "EpochServer.ini"

3) Look for the following line:

BattlEyePath =
And set it to the path that the BEServer.dll file is located in. NOT your BEC path. Example:
BattlEyePath = C:\Servers\A3_Epoch\SC\BattlEye
If you did everything correctly, in your BEC console window you should see something like:
BE Filter file:publicvariable.txt was changed. reloading data...
See attached screenshot for an example. If you don't see this or you see error messages in your BEC console regarding WatchDog, then your admin tools will not work, and will kick you any time you try to do anything.

post-2069-0-76588800-1417732875_thumb.pn

If I manualy change a battleye file, I can see wathdog sending the message in BEC console, also I think the trouble is in @epoch_hive, that cant find or modify battleye rules.

//EpochServer.ini

[EpochServer]
BattlEyePath = E:\juegos\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\BattlEye
InstanceID = db_epoch_arma3

[Redis]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 6379
DB = 0
Password = zfLnXXXXXXXXXXvyx

[steamAPI]
Key = 23XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXF24B3
VACBanned = 0
VACMinimumNumberOfBans = 0
VACMaximumDaysSinceLastBan = 0

// BEServer.cfg
RConPassword zfLnXXXXXXXXXXvyx
MaxPing 400

//epochAH.hpp

// Anti Hack
antihack_Enabled = true; // built-in Anti-Hack
antihack_addOnCheck = true; //addon check
antihack_InvOpenCheck[] = {}; // blank array disables, enable with {6} distance in meters disallows gear access if another player is within this range also disables gear access in vehicles.
antihack_banReason = "EpochMod.com Autoban";
antihack_checkFiles[] = { //script check, leave it blank to disable it
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientInit.sqf", "EPOCH_clientInit"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\EPOCH_onEachFrame.sqf", "EPOCH_onEachFrame"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_masterLoop.sqf", "EPOCH_masterLoop"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer.sqf", "EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientRespawn.sqf", "EPOCH_clientRespawn"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\interface_event_handlers\EPOCH_KeyDown.sqf", "EPOCH_KeyDown"}
};
adminMenu_Owner[] = {{"7656XXXXXX2349","Maka"},{"765XXXXXXX22922","Antonio"}}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...}; ADMINNAME will be used for the Admin log instead of in-game name.
/*
Available Settings:
"PLAYER-TELEPORT" => Teleport Admin To Player and Player To Admin
"MAP-TELEPORT" => Click on Map to Teleport
"TARGET-HEAL" => Heal Target
"TARGET-AMMO" => Give Target Ammo
"TARGET-KILL" => Kill Target
"VEHICLEFLIP" => Flip Vehicle
"BANPANNEL" => Access to Banpannel
"SPAWN-MENU" => Access to Spawn Menu
*/
adminMenu_High[] = {{"7656XXXXXX2349","Maka"},{"765XXXXXXX22922","Antonio"}}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_HighSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL","TARGET-AMMO","TARGET-KILL","VEHICLEFLIP","BANPANNEL"};
adminMenu_Low[] = {}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_LowSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL"};
adminMenu_BanReasons[] = {"Traderzone","Hacking","Glitch","Combat Log"};

Admin menu appears when I press F1, but when I use any commands, kick me with restriction #0

If I understand how it works, always server starts, epoch_hive writes publicvariables file with random restrictions. Isn't it?

If I manualy change a battleye file, I can see wathdog sending the message in BEC console, also I think the trouble is in @epoch_hive, that cant find or modify battleye rules.

//EpochServer.ini

[EpochServer]

[Redis]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 6379
DB = 0

[steamAPI]
VACBanned = 0

// BEServer.cfg
MaxPing 400

//epochAH.hpp

// Anti Hack
antihack_InvOpenCheck[] = {}; // blank array disables, enable with {6} distance in meters disallows gear access if another player is within this range also disables gear access in vehicles.
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientInit.sqf", "EPOCH_clientInit"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_masterLoop.sqf", "EPOCH_masterLoop"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer.sqf", "EPOCH_client_rejectPlayer"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\setup\EPOCH_clientRespawn.sqf", "EPOCH_clientRespawn"},
{"\x\addons\a3_epoch_code\compile\interface_event_handlers\EPOCH_KeyDown.sqf", "EPOCH_KeyDown"}
};
adminMenu_Owner[] = {{"7656XXXXXX2349","Maka"},{"765XXXXXXX22922","Antonio"}}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...}; ADMINNAME will be used for the Admin log instead of in-game name.
/*
Available Settings:
*/
adminMenu_High[] = {{"7656XXXXXX2349","Maka"},{"765XXXXXXX22922","Antonio"}}; //{{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME"},{"STEAMID","ADMINNAME2"},...};
adminMenu_HighSetting[] = {"PLAYER-TELEPORT","MAP-TELEPORT","TARGET-HEAL","TARGET-AMMO","TARGET-KILL","VEHICLEFLIP","BANPANNEL"};

Admin menu appears when I press F1, but when I use any commands, kick me with restriction #0

If I understand how it works, always server starts, epoch_hive writes publicvariables file with random restrictions. Isn't it?

Same problem here. I use TADST to config my Server.

My Battleye path are located here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\TADST\default\BattlEye

BEC works fine, but when i use any admin commands , Battleeye kick me with the restriction error.

i have updatet any Battleeye dll files with the Mod fils in the Path.

Doing something wrong?

//EpochServer.ini

[EpochServer]

[Redis]
IP = 127.0.0.1
Port = 6379
DB = 0

[steamAPI]
VACBanned = 0

// BEServer.cfg
MaxPing 400

//epochAH.hpp

// Anti Hack
};
/*
Available Settings:
*/

You are listed yourselves twice. Your either need to be in the Owner array or the High Admin menu array

Battleye folder path is correct and filters are inside.

I probed it only in high and it didn't function.

How are the differences between owner and high menu?

adminMenu_High do not have access to the spawn menu