Developers: You should do something against this:

Stranger

If the devs want to tie themselves up wasting hours dealing with the abundance of cases like this that will happen, then fair play. But it wont stop it from happening. Pissing against the wind.

Someone will be made an example of, that will put off most communities from selling.

Running a server isn't exactly fortunes and if you can't afford it then don't run one :)

Our core group pay our costs, now and then regular players will send some cash, I think last month i paid £2.50 we were short, I can live with that :lol:

Someone will be made an example of, that will put off most communities from selling.

Running a server isn't exactly fortunes and if you can't afford it then don't run one :)

Our core group pay our costs, now and then regular players will send some cash, I think last month i paid £2.50 we were short, I can live with that :lol:

Maybe send a notice to paypal?

"If you can't afford one then don't run one"  My sentiments exactly. If your server is good enough the players will notice and donate.

Not trying to offend everyone, but.....

Most of the server online are hosted from GSP. They spend around $30-50/mo. And their server are laggy as fu*k. (Dont get me wrong their are some that are fain lag wise). But Only %1-3 of server are "Dedicated" which cost anywhere from $100-350/mo (these are the server with the most lag free....). Dedicated server, I say are the ones with good admins and overall community. Since no player wants to play on a server that sucks.. Let alone give money.

if you can't afford it then don't run one :)

Maybe send a notice to paypal?

"If you can't afford one then don't run one"

You guys do realize have the server owners out their cant even script to save their lives........ and the fact that the people who run dedicated server are owned by people who do know how to scripted are the ones being targeted since they need to run donation sites to pay for their server? Why not take way the "TUT and Help Section" and see how many epoch server are still online.

shame this shit goes on in bigger communitys also, hello CCG

Come on? You do realize that maca from CCG runs the biggest Dayz community, Since he know how to script and the hardware he using is way, way, way out of your reach..... This is where people would say that your hurt cause he runs a better server......... Just saying

Overall why dose everyone want to get into other peoples shit? Is it cause your server is failing? or cause your jealous they can run something better? People can join/leave on their OWN FREE WILL. If they want to pay then they can pay. If they want to play then can play. If they want to leave, they can leave. It understand-able that Epoch DEV don't want this, since they made it. But everyone else needs to leave. You dont see MGT on here complaining about CCG, maybe cause their server is also one of the top servers? And all the smaller community "Paying GSP" are the ones to complain against better servers?

Plus shouldn't GSP be target as well, since they are making money by "selling/renting" out servers for games that they did not make?

And again not trying to offend anyone.

yor reporting them for that but your saying you have the update files for the new patch kind of calling the cettle black dont you think

...................................Your stupid the patch files were realized by the DEV he re-uploaded the file, the difference is that they are direct download unlike the DEV Torrent download.

I dont understand what you mean by that.

The GAME SERVER PROVIDERS are renting hardware/space on their servers. They are not making money of the mod. It may help them rent more out if they can provide the mod officially. 

and to your earlier post:

The fact that we are in their shit is because it's fucking wrong. Let someone steal your work that you put numerous hours into and then go make money off it knowing that you could never make a dime off it legally. 

The GAME SERVER PROVIDERS are renting hardware/space on their servers. They are not making money of the mod.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL. That has to be the dumbest thing ever. They make money from it. Nobody would go into hosting things if they dont make money.

Let me break it down for you....

GSP

Datacenters <----1-----> Game Service Providers <----2----> A Server

GSP buy a "Server" for about $150-$500, Depending on the hardware. (Am doing the math for only 1 Server being rented from datacenters). They sell servers for about $35. And from what i know from friends who work at datacenters. GSP host about 100 server per "Box" they get from a Datacenter. |$35x100Servers = $3,500| $3,500-$500(for the box)=$3,000|. Made $3,000 in profit.

A Server ---$$$$-----> Game Service Providers <----$$$$$$----> Datacenters

The money you pay for servers, Make GSP and Datacenters to profit.

This is also why GSP servers lag, cause they overload a box with multiply server. So they can make a profit off you. Thats why dedicated server cause more, since they cut out GSP and make it direct. Ensure fully resources. If people still dont get it.

Dedicated Servers

Datacenters <----1----->  A Dedicated Server

Which is better?

1 Box Running 100 Servers | OR | 1 Box running 1 Server (Or 10 depending on the server owner)

Sorry for making this post look disorganization.