Epoch Public Release

dayzlauncher

mdc this is correct but they will get the files the same time we make them public. They have had the files for some time now and should already be setup to sell servers. Something the other GSP's won't have setup right away. But in time if your favorite GSP isn't a sponsor they will in time have them to offer once they have their system in place.

mdc this is correct but they will get the files the same time we make them public. They have had the files for some time now and should already be setup to sell servers. Something the other GSP's won't have setup right away. But in time if your favorite GSP isn't a sponsor they will in time have them to offer once they have their system in place.

does this mean they could start renting out servers tomorrow if they wanted?

So basically this means with the files becoming public that server hosters that aren't official can adjust the mod or add in other mods to it as they want?

You know guys I'm sure when this actually becomes relevant you will get all the answers that you are looking for.  As of right now though I see these types of threads repeatedly asking for a release of server file or when it will happen and, especially since they have said they will release when ready, its getting a little irritating.  Why don't you let the guys do what they need to do and they will give the info out when its ready. 

Two more things.  First off I just want to tell axle and the other mods I appreciate what they are doing and that Im impressed with what I have seen so far and Im excited to see what will be coming in the future.

Secondly I saw the thread "we do this for the people" and a couple of you that have posted in here were in that one as well.  I would like to ask you what gives you the right to say half the crap you have to this mod team?  They have been forthcoming with what they can and in any creative process you dont want all the beans spilled at one time.  Given certain things being in development what good would it have done to include people that are not involved in the scripting process.  Anyway I know that part was off topic and I also know the mod team can fight their own battles but I just find something inherently wrong with criticizing them on one step but then mooning over a file release on the other.  Anyway /rant

You know guys I'm sure when this actually becomes relevant you will get all the answers that you are looking for.  As of right now though I see these types of threads repeatedly asking for a release of server file or when it will happen and, especially since they have said they will release when ready, its getting a little irritating.  Why don't you let the guys do what they need to do and they will give the info out when its ready. 

Two more things.  First off I just want to tell axle and the other mods I appreciate what they are doing and that Im impressed with what I have seen so far and Im excited to see what will be coming in the future.

Secondly I saw the thread "we do this for the people" and a couple of you that have posted in here were in that one as well.  I would like to ask you what gives you the right to say half the crap you have to this mod team?  They have been forthcoming with what they can and in any creative process you dont want all the beans spilled at one time.  Given certain things being in development what good would it have done to include people that are not involved in the scripting process.  Anyway I know that part was off topic and I also know the mod team can fight their own battles but I just find something inherently wrong with criticizing them on one step but then mooning over a file release on the other.  Anyway /rant

It's called freedom of speech. Stop kissing ass and being a white knight.

If you dont know the other half, then best not to speak because when you find out, you might easily switch sides.

Yeah I doubt anyone except who were involved know the truth.  And why would I be kissing anyones ass.  Im just appreciative of a good mod that I can spend my time on.  Im sure both of you know everything though and the world revolves around you and not the sun .... 

And as far as it being freedom of speech sure you can spout off whatever idiocies you like but I am incredulous to think that you can do that then expect to be given server files.  What tool behavior is this.  Also I have my right to free speech as well so suck it Floss.

Yeah I doubt anyone except who were involved know the truth.  And why would I be kissing anyones ass.  Im just appreciative of a good mod that I can spend my time on.  Im sure both of you know everything though and the world revolves around you and not the sun .... 

And as far as it being freedom of speech sure you can spout off whatever idiocies you like but I am incredulous to think that you can do that then expect to be given server files.  What tool behavior is this.

Server files are being released publicly so it doesn't matter. As for knowing the truth I do know it.

And as far as it being freedom of speech sure you can spout off whatever idiocies you like but I am incredulous to think that you can do that then expect to be given server files.  What tool behavior is this.  Also I have my right to free speech as well so suck it Floss.

I know most of it, to know whats going on......

I know most of it, to know whats going on......

I'm not sure what you think you know, but I doubt what you know is as public as what we know and have stated. Sometimes the truth hurts. We have done nothing wrong and will not stop because someone feels threatened because he's made a living doing something that even BI doesn't condone and he might lose it all if we put out a product that's just as good and free.

We don't do any of this for money or I would have stopped after a month. We do this because loads of people enjoy playing it as much as we do. Without the support of the gamers we wouldn't bother to continue on the project. 

If you don't like that we stand our ground and play fair then you can just not post/play/support us.

Well this thread turned around quickly.

I have a couple of questions regarding the epoch antihack/admin tools.

Is it expected to be released around same time as the files?

Will it be updated often to keep on top of new hacks or just at new game updates?

Thanks for the mod guys! Truly awesome

Well this thread turned around quickly.

I have a couple of questions regarding the epoch antihack/admin tools.

Is it expected to be released around same time as the files?

Will it be updated often to keep on top of new hacks or just at new game updates?

Thanks for the mod guys! Truly awesome

As the antihack is apart of our files and integrated, they will be included but probably not finished just yet. As for how it all works and the updates. Once the files are public and you have the time to check them out you will understand more :D But yes, it can be updated without the need for a client update and can be pushed between patches if needed.

I'm not sure what you think you know, but I doubt what you know is as public as what we know and have stated. Sometimes the truth hurts. We have done nothing wrong and will not stop because someone feels threatened because he's made a living doing something that even BI doesn't condone and he might lose it all if we put out a product that's just as good and free.

We don't do any of this for money or I would have stopped after a month. We do this because loads of people enjoy playing it as much as we do. Without the support of the gamers we wouldn't bother to continue on the project. 

If you don't like that we stand our ground and play fair then you can just not post/play/support us.

Not trying to talk/start Sh*t, just that people like "Cheif" need to realize why theirs threads and post like what he talked about. People like him, dont understand why the public server files are an issue that gets people fired up. All I am saying is if you dont know the background you cant really say something about it without knowing what happends. "Dont judge a book by its cover" is all am saying.

As the antihack is apart of our files and integrated, they will be included but probably not finished just yet. As for how it all works and the updates. Once the files are public and you have the time to check them out you will understand more :D But yes, it can be updated without the need for a client update and can be pushed between patches if needed.

Are we allowed to remove your anti hack?

every antihack which is free accessible for anyone (also hackerkids) is useless after a very short time...

dont you think they will also take a look at it and modify their hacks to new variables etc so they can start their shit again?

Just like infistar you can grab that if you know where to look.

I wouldn't call that a private anti hack just because its behind a paywall.

No doubt he has a private version for the bigger boys tho.

Just like infistar you can grab that if you know where to look.

I wouldn't call that a private anti hack because its behind a paywall.

No doubt he has a private version for the bigger boys tho.

There is no private version. There is however custom modifications that you can ask him to do. The anti hack you see on MGT is most likely heavily modified and different from the rest. Hell ours was modified but we required certain things in order to have our server run properly. You can always ask him and he will do it.