Well Arma 3 Heli DLC just dropped. Wonder if the new helis will be in epoch :P

Chief

More or less what was stated in title.  I also hope the servers get updated rather quickly due to the fact that we cant stop updates anymore :(.  God speed to the devs and server providers.

Also hopefully with the advanced flight model :).

Hope to see the helicopters in the epoch servers they look sweet.

If these choppers are put into this mod while BIS are charging such a high price for them, then I'll be offski if I can't fly them in game. I tolerated the karts as they're fucking no use nor ornament, but choppers are a different ballgame altogether.

I added the new helis to mine, I'll put a poll up on my forum to see if they want to keep them in or not. Not sure I'm happy with them having to shell out more to BIS to fly them. You can ride in back for free though.

I've known you a good while now Dave and always looked up to you for your sense of fairness in how you run your servers. You've never previously allowed those with money to have an advantage over those without on any of your servers. That being said, you've also always listened to your player base, removing and adding features that the majority vote for or against. 

I'll be voting a big fat NO! 

I can't justify paying £12 for two new choppers.

Its not even pay to win.  Why is this such a big deal?  Epoch is a base building mod and there are 3 or 4 other helos that you can pilot.  Why should people that actually paid for new content be shunned just because those that did not pay complain.  If you see one of the new helos and get angry just blow it up because you cant pilot it.  No reason to keep others from enjoying the game and content they paid for.

If their enjoying the game keeps others from enjoying the game, it's ok to complain. I don't complain, we blew the Mi-290 up anyway, for others to not enjoy :P

Still not understanding how someone enjoying the content they paid for makes you mad.  They are still selling the bundle for 25$ you should buy it.  And if you want to blow up the heli then that is your right.  Hell I blow up trucks all the time because I have no place to put them and I cant carry the gear on my back, doesn't mean I think the developers should get rid of the hemtt.  Its a game, enjoy it while you can.

bis be getting greedy with since the dayz money flowed in, arma 2 on release ha way more content (and thats not counting gun variants(etc m16 m16a4 m16 acog) then arma 3 with all the current dlc.

Might be greed, might be ambition of competing with major gamestudios.....might even be a bit of both. Either way, you're paying a lot less for your content with BIS than with any other major gamestudio - and you're getting constant updates, and they're constantly working to implement new features that you get for free - like Firing from Vehicles, and the ability to join your 'rich mate' in the chopper since u're apparently too cheap to support the constant adding of content to the game you enjoy. :P

Either way, I hope to see these new choppers in the game. There's already all of the Kart's stuff in, which imo don't really fit in unlike these helis do. Would be absolutely fucking sweet if the containers offering ie refuel/repair would spawn on the map. Having one or two of these on the map, would give players an object to fight over to upgrade their base with.

1.34 is fucking epic, btw - if you don't have the DLC then you're missing out on both content and on supporting the constant free updates. If you think it's greedy to ask 25£ for 4 DLCs, then you could ofc buy BF Hardline....  ;)

Games and DLC are extremely cheap entertainment, if you stop and think about how much entertainment pr hour you get with a DLC like this... Let's do some math :3

1 x DLC 12.5 $ (I believe somebody said) / 24 hrs  = 0.52 $ pr hr if you play for 1 day

1 x MCD Bigmac menu  5.69 $ / 30 mins = 11.38 $ pr hr of entertainment 

1 x Pack of cigarettes (Lucky strikes) = $7.00 / 24 hr = 0.29 $ pr hr for 1 day

1 x Cinema trip + Popcorn = a fuck load of money 20 dollars +

Conclussion, if you plan on playing this game for more than a week its a good invenstment, if you plan on smoking/going to MCD / Disco any thing else
Then skip that and buy a "Free" DLC :P