Rolling change log for 1.0.2.4

neiljb

Hi, the next version looks as though its shaping up to be pretty awesome, but for one thing that concerns me;

• [CHANGED] All armed vehicles now spawn with no ammo and on each restart. You must now find then add your own ammunition to wreak havoc.

Now my server kind of depends on there being ammo in the vehicles when they spawn so I would be very greatfull if you could add a config option in the init.sqf to enable/disable this feature. The whole idea of my server is to be able to wreak havoc, so with no ammo in any of the vehicles it would totally screw my server over.

Thanks for reading. :)

Our server has tanks jets and attack helicopters spawning in and being traded. Removing all their ammo and then again at every restart would not really be a good thing for us. It would be very much appreciated by myself and steve (co owner of the server), and I'm sure many other server owners if this feature were a configurable option. :)

Edit: PS. I apologise if my original post came across as being a bit rude, I just panicked a bit when I read the change log. Myself and I'm sure every other Epoch player/server owner do very much apprciate all the work you guys put in to making such a great mod :D

Axel/vbAWOL - what is the radius of this:

• [ADDED] If you logout near another player your backpack contents will be wiped. It it very important you do not logout next to another player.

[Edit]

Disregard, found it here (reading comprehension for the win!)

http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2026-patch-1024-explained/

Edited by Cinjun

What about ammo that doesnt spawn like .50 cal for the hummers etc? Has that been added to the loot table?

2Bravo

I'm creating the assets so that the ammo will no longer be an intangible entity, and that players can find/barter/establish value for it.   Here's an example of the M136 mini-gun ammunition.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/udge39r8u3nqxn8/2013-10-01_00003.jpg

If you require ammo to be added to your vehicles, you can do it in the server monitor file, it will add ammo to any vehicle created through the database, NOT bought live in game, those have to wait for a restart. I think this new ammo system is better, vehicle ammo is now a precious resource, no more trolls joining a server and leveling every base they find with vehicle mounted grenade launchers, then moving on to the next server.

Our server has tanks jets and attack helicopters spawning in and being traded. Removing all their ammo and then again at every restart would not really be a good thing for us. It would be very much appreciated by myself and steve (co owner of the server), and I'm sure many other server owners if this feature were a configurable option. :)

Edit: PS. I apologise if my original post came across as being a bit rude, I just panicked a bit when I read the change log. Myself and I'm sure every other Epoch player/server owner do very much apprciate all the work you guys put in to making such a great mod :D

Am pretty sure Awol has added options in for this, I saw it on another thread. He just hasn't had chance to document it yet. 

No apology needed, thanks though. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about running your server :)

Any way of setting it so like DDZ_vehicleAmmo = 2 would then leave the ammo as it is so if its full its full, if its empty its empty and if you have 126 rounds there is 126 rounds after a restart etc

Tracking the vehicle ammo is not currently possible.

How about an Opt In Skin feature for heroes and bandits to go with the tags, which works only once per life, or only when wearing default survivor clothes on log in?

Meaning, if I opt in to show my blue name tag as a hero, I have the option to spawn with the hero skin on my new life, or swap into them if I have civ clothes on log in. Same for bandit, they can choose to opt in to wear the bandit skin (maybe a better model for the head like a black mask rather than the head wrap).

Maybe in the future, add an option that depending on humanity level the skin you opt in with looks a little more bad ass for your humanty type. Nothing like origins, just something subtle to show off your humanity rank visibly (like a cooler looking mask with a skull, or a medic arm band on a higher humanity hero, or a camo vest, or  new knee pads, different color shirts, etc).