[Release] Wicked AI 2.2.0

f3cuk

Ok...so can crates also be made indestructible/invincible? AI...sort of shot it to shit.

2jtys1.jpg

I've got this problem too lol.  How would I go about making the crate invincible? 

I'm also having an issue with some of the crates not spawning any loot at all.  Haven't made any changes to them in the config, and it's not ALL of them, but enough of them that it's becoming problematic.  (Maybe 3 of 5 missions spawn with empty crates.)  Not sure what I might have broken there.

Hello,

first, thank you for the new Wicked AI System!

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible, that the Mission markers are blue for Hero Missions and only Red Markers for Bandit Missions? I have set one difficulty, so i dont need the 4 colours. Maybe you can help.

Second question:

I have the Mission Names in my Debug Monitor, so the Player always see, if a mission is active without clicking on map. There were no issues with the old WAI System. Now, the missions sometimes dont clear or there is no loot in the crates, when i add my Debug Monitor Code to the Mission Files. Without the Debug "Code", all the missions runs fine!

Example:

In the Server_Functions.sqf i added at the bottom:

MissionWAIHero = 0;
MissionWAIHero = "";
publicVariable "MissionWAIHero";

if(isServer) then {

private 		["_complete","_crate","_mission","_static_gun","_crate_type","_rndnum","_playerPresent","_vehname","_vehicle","_position","_vehclass"];

//Armed Land Vehicle
	_vehclass 		= armed_vehicle call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_vehname 		= getText (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _vehclass >> "displayName");

_position		= [30] call find_position;
	_mission		= [_position,"Medium",format["Disabled %1",_vehname],"MainBandit",true] call mission_init;

diag_log 		format["WAI: [Mission:[Bandit] Armed Vehicle]: Starting... %1",_position];
	//Mission debug
	MissionWAIHero = "Armed Vehicle";

//Setup the crate
	_crate_type 	= crates_small call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	_crate 			= createVehicle [_crate_type,[(_position select 0),(_position select 1) + 5,0], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//Troops
	_rndnum = (2 + round (random 4));
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],_rndnum,"Medium","Random",3,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;
	[[_position select 0,_position select 1,0],_rndnum,"Medium","Random",3,"Random","Hero","Random","Hero",_mission] call spawn_group;

//Static Guns
	_static_gun = ai_static_weapons call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;
	[[
		[(_position select 0),(_position select 1) + 10, 0]
	],_static_gun,"Medium","Hero","Hero",0,2,"Random","Random",_mission] call spawn_static;

//Spawn vehicles
	_vehicle		= [_vehclass,_position] call custom_publish;

if(debug_mode) then {
		diag_log format["WAI: [Bandit] armed_vehicle spawned a %1",_vehname];
	};

//Condition
	_complete = [
		[_mission,_crate],	// mission number and crate
		["crate"], 			// ["crate"], or ["kill"], or ["assassinate", _unitGroup],
		[_vehicle], 		// cleanup objects
		"Heroes have taken an armed vehicle from the bandits! Check your map for the location!",	// mission announcement
		"Bandits have secured the armed vehicle!",													// mission success
		"Bandits did not secure the armed vehicle in time"										// mission fail
	] call mission_winorfail;

if(_complete) then {
		[_crate,0,0,[25,crate_items_chainbullets],2] call dynamic_crate;
	};

diag_log format["WAI: [Mission:[Bandit] Armed Vehicle]: Ended at %1",_position];

//Mission debug
	MissionWAIHero = "";

b_missionrunning = false;
};

In my custom_monitor i can add the Variable. With the old System it works like a charm, but now no clearing of the mission or sometimes no loot in the crate.

No Errors in the RPT...

Can you tell me the right place for the Code, so it does not break the Mission? :D. Would be great. Maybe you have a better Idea to do this.

Thanks

xtr3m3

I just installed it last night, I didn't see a newer version than that?  I'll check again.  Thanks.

hmm, well we added a toggle to not allow the damage to them which doesn't seem to be working, I'll let you know what to modify and we'll fix it in another update

hmm, well we added a toggle to not allow the damage to them which doesn't seem to be working, I'll let you know what to modify and we'll fix it in another update

ok find and replace

_crate allowDamage false;

with

_crate addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {}];

in WAI\compiles\mission_winorfail.sqf

Is it just me or do I have to go through all the missions and static spawns and alter the group spawns to look like this for them to have AT and AA weapons?

[[(_position select 0) + 60, (_position select 1) - 60, 0],6,"extreme",["Random","aa"],4,"Random","gsc_eco_stalker_head_fred","Random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

Is it just me or do I have to go through all the missions and static spawns and alter the group spawns to look like this for them to have AT and AA weapons?

[[(_position select 0) + 60, (_position select 1) - 60, 0],6,"extreme",["Random","aa"],4,"Random","gsc_eco_stalker_head_fred","Random","bandit",_mission] call spawn_group;

That is correct, I'll probably amend the missions to have at least one launcher each next update

Is there a way to disable the Roaming AI Around the Map? I just want the missions system since I already have another AI system.

There are no roaming AI by default, and if there is you should just disable static mission and they won't spawn

Wouldn't it be better to have a global variable that you can switch on and off for them to have a chance to have a launcher? Because obviously militarised servers will want it but standard servers won't.

you mean like 

wai_use_launchers			= false;							// add a rocket launcher to each spawned AI group if specified in the group call

Yeah but that's "if specified in the group call", that means editing every mission and static spawn to have it, personally I think it'd be better if it was just a chance to have.

Something like

wai_use_launchers

aa_chance

at_chance

Which can have a random chance based on what you set as a percentage to add to groups. But I suppose then it'd be hard to define when you don't want a certain spawn to not have launchers but the rest to have a random chance of them.

Is it just me or are the Ikea missions.. a tiny bit broken? I tried googling but I couldn't find any results--

a friend of mine and I are playtesting our server, and we just did an Ikea mission. AI firefight was fun and all, vehicles and stationary .50 cals were all present... but the vehicles were empty and we couldn't find any ammo crates. There's supposed to be building materials in the trucks, right? Or am I missing something?

ok find and replace

_crate allowDamage false;
with

_crate addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {}];
in WAI\compiles\mission_winorfail.sqf

Awesome thanks :) I'm still having the no loot issue as well though, same kind of thing as above poster:

Is it just me or are the Ikea missions.. a tiny bit broken? I tried googling but I couldn't find any results--

a friend of mine and I are playtesting our server, and we just did an Ikea mission. AI firefight was fun and all, vehicles and stationary .50 cals were all present... but the vehicles were empty and we couldn't find any ammo crates. There's supposed to be building materials in the trucks, right? Or am I missing something?

Tested a bunch of the missions and crates are empty on roughly half the time. Thought maybe it was edits I made to them, but problem persisted even after switching back to the default lists.

Awesome thanks :) I'm still having the no loot issue as well though, same kind of thing as above poster:

Tested a bunch of the missions and crates are empty on roughly half the missions even with the default lists.

Do you know a way to fix this? I'm not too good at modifying scripts, but I could probably figure out how to insert IDs for supplies if you know where to look for the specific mission configs.

Tested a bunch of the missions and crates are empty on roughly half the missions even with the default lists.

Did you complete the missions or just walk up to the crate with god mode on? :P

Lol, both actually. Players had started complaining about completing missions only to find empty crates. Completed a couple myself, confirmed they were empty. Then I started god mode TP'ing to all of them to see if it was just one or two broken ones or all of them.

In both cases, result was the same. Empty crates maybe 3 of 5 times. Based on the contents, "crate_items_chainbullets" seems ok, and "crate_items", but I'm not getting anything on the building supply crates, medical crates, weapon cache, no vehicle parts, tools, etc.

Originally I thought maybe it was edits I made to them, but problem persisted even after switching back to the default lists. So I have no idea what's going wrong there. XD

Lol, both actually. Players had started complaining about completing missions only to find empty crates. Completed a couple myself, confirmed they were empty. Then I started god mode TP'ing to all of them to see if it was just one or two broken ones or all of them.

In both cases, result was the same. Empty crates maybe 3 of 5 times. Based on the contents, "crate_items_chainbullets" seems ok, and "crate_items", but I'm not getting anything on the building supply crates, medical crates, weapon cache, no vehicle parts, tools, etc.

k looking into it now

We gunned them down with a PKP and a mk48. At one point they flew in with a helo which dropped paratroopers. While he held off the paratroopers I even followed the now-shot up merlin (we both had medium machineguns, we couldn't resist sending lead its way!)- and finished off the pilot because for whatever reason it decided to go hover about 500m away in a little clearing. It fell 2 feet and exploded. I came back to my friend and we finished off the new paratrooper AI.

No godmode, btw.

How would I make the missions spawn only one at a time? I want to have only 1 mission in the server at a time. 

Edit// Also what's the difference between hero and bandit missions? Hero missions are only visible to heroes or what...?

How would I make the missions spawn only one at a time? I want to have only 1 mission in the server at a time. 

Edit// Also what's the difference between hero and bandit missions? Hero missions are only visible to heroes or what...?

The AI is either bandit or hero. Killing a hero lowers humanity by a bit, killing a bandit does the opposite.

The AI is either bandit or hero. Killing a hero lowers humanity by a bit, killing a bandit does the opposite.

Ah okay, thanks. Anyway, back to my first question. How would one get only 1 mission at a time? 

I noticed there are some commented out lines in WAI\missions\init.sqf, does that have something to do with it, or should I just script it myself?

Edit// Nvm those lines are for special missions.

Just had another interesting idea for a bandit mission, a supply mission that has say black market supplies or building supplies (insert other random traders supplies), if you intercept the shipment whatever trader that the shipment was for has all it's stock stripped until the SQL script refreshes it.

So for example.

"A shipment heading to the Hero traders has been sighted, go claim it for yourself!"

If you complete the mission then all the QTY in the database for the Hero trader gets set to 0. Just an idea, would be nice to see the missions have impact on the rest of the server.

We gunned them down with a PKP and a mk48. At one point they flew in with a helo which dropped paratroopers. While he held off the paratroopers I even followed the now-shot up merlin (we both had medium machineguns, we couldn't resist sending lead its way!)- and finished off the pilot because for whatever reason it decided to go hover about 500m away in a little clearing. It fell 2 feet and exploded. I came back to my friend and we finished off the new paratrooper AI.

No godmode, btw.

Well I just installed the latest version and all the missions spawn loot just fine once they are finished, if you don't have any RPT errors we can work with then we can't really help, check your files try install fresh etc