1.0.5 script issues?

Tricks

Question

25 answers to this question

From what I've been told, there are no incompatibilities with the common scripts released. And after viewing RPT logs no unwanted errors when used with 103718. However I can't confirm this 100% because I haven't updated yet do to a different layout of file placement with my host. Can't even find the location for quite a few of the files so thinking I have to wait for an update from them myself.

Are you doing a copy/paste of your 1.0.4.2 fn_selfActions or just re-adding the portion of the script to the new one from update? Not sure if issues may arise using the old one, saw something in changelog about stuff like self transfusion which I'm assuming is SelfBB and other stuff being added, so using older file would cause an issue due to lack of functions I'm sure. Aside from that I unfortunately have no other ideas since I'm unable to update at this time.

I have to wait as well, I just started my server a month ago and have about 15 scripts running perfectly. I really hope this doesn't mess it all up! What host are you with Incar? Do you know the wait time for Vilayer to update? Hopefully it's before Sunday, was planning on upgrading all day.

I'm having lots of issues with adding custom actions to my fn_selfActions, nothing seems to work, my 1.0.4.2 mission file was perfect, now since the update the same mods etc don't work

Try comparing them with notepad++ (compare plugin is a godsend) and merging the files where needed using the new file as your base and only adding the stuff you added in your old one.

A lot of the changes I have seen are tidying up stuff like changing "and" to "&&", changing "foreach" to "count" and stuff like that.

I have just updated and released a new zip file for my Plot for Life mod for testing on 1.0.5.  The manual instructions will be updated later this week.

The changes I had to make were pretty minimal hence being able to get an updated test version out in 3 hours after I started working on it.

Are you doing a copy/paste of your 1.0.4.2 fn_selfActions or just re-adding the portion of the script to the new one from update? Not sure if issues may arise using the old one, saw something in changelog about stuff like self transfusion which I'm assuming is SelfBB and other stuff being added, so using older file would cause an issue due to lack of functions I'm sure. Aside from that I unfortunately have no other ideas since I'm unable to update at this time.

No, i'm copy and pasting the relevant sections over to the file, not copying the lot :P but my selfBB is on the right click system so that shouldn't be affected, all i have is take clothes and a detain, search and release script and modifications for tying plot poles to players PlayerUID's so they no longer have to rebuild their plot poles after death

Try comparing them with notepad++ (compare plugin is a godsend) and merging the files where needed using the new file as your base and only adding the stuff you added in your old one.

I'll have to give that a go, I strictly keep to notepad++ for my scripting have done since minecraft :P never used it before so will give it a shot

EDIT: You are a lifesaver! <3 it was only once i did the compare did i notice all the ands needed changing to && and a few minor issues i'd missed out, all works like a dream now! :D Think i'll use that option more often with and if theres future updates :P

I have to wait as well, I just started my server a month ago and have about 15 scripts running perfectly. I really hope this doesn't mess it all up! What host are you with Incar? Do you know the wait time for Vilayer to update? Hopefully it's before Sunday, was planning on upgrading all day.

I'm with GTXGaming atm. Just hoping the update is available before the last minute.

A lot of the changes I have seen are tidying up stuff like changing "and" to "&&", changing "foreach" to "count" and stuff like that.

I have just updated and released a new zip file for my Plot for Life mod for testing on 1.0.5.  The manual instructions will be updated later this week.

The changes I had to make were pretty minimal hence being able to get an updated test version out in 3 hours after I started working on it.

Those are performance related changes so do not omit them. Although the code will work fine without those changes.

no, not yet (waiting for 1.0.5.1) but that's the way I tackle every update, comparing with the plugin

I'm running 1.0.5, haven't had any issues other than Chainsaws which will be fixed 1.0.5.1.

I don't use the built in heli-lift or blood transfusions though, got my own options for those :)

compare is ok, unless the new files are drastically different from the old file.  Then you gotta start from scratch :D

I'm running 1.0.5, haven't had any issues other than Chainsaws which will be fixed 1.0.5.1.

I don't use the built in heli-lift or blood transfusions though, got my own options for those :)

compare is ok, unless the new files are drastically different from the old file.  Then you gotta start from scratch :D

1.0.5 comes with heli-lift or heli-evac?

since when did heli-lift translate to heli evac? :rolleyes:

I've you read the changelog you'd be a bit more informed. :)

Dude I'm at work and read your post quickly, I will read the changelog when I have time. Thought I would just ask this wonderful community...