Problems with Epoch and database

bsmaff

Question

I have a server with HFB and updated Epoch manually doing the same thing I do everytime there is an update.

With this version of Epoch I have got loads of problems regarding the server and the DB, many players have been dying and spawning back where they died with the same gear, then when they leave the server and come back they then come back as a new spawn.

It seems there is a massive delay between the game written to the DB, this has only started to happen in 1.0.2

The other bug is players are buying vehicles and then getting a key and the vehicle not spawning, then occasionally sometimes the vehicle will spawn in after the server restarts.

I am not 100% certain if this is a problem with my server or if any other players are experiencing these problems.

I too am getting a ~30min deloy in syncing to database.

Had to put a rotating server msg up to inform ppl to go AFK ingame for 30mins to make sure they have saved.

I'm running on DayZ.st on Epoch 1.0.2.1 with AI, Missions, Self blood, Clothes Removal, Auto Refuel and Animated Heli/C130.

Had a programmer look into the server/database and informed there was a 22min delay atm and problem is stemming from code that is inaccessible

If Epoch is claiming that its stable then it must be from DayZ.st modifying the files to work with their Control Panel/Systems.

Next step will be to restore to Stock Epoch and if problem persists (From the sounds it will) will get DayZ.st to look into.

It cant be from dayz.st. I'm having the same issues and not with dayz.st this is pretty  game breaking.

Your RPT log shows that a about 198 vehicles spawned in about one minute. The server also should not allow connections if the server is still setting up.

For player connection debug it shows:

12:28:17 Server: Object 3:36 not found (message 94)
12:29:06 Client: Remote object 3:33 not found
12:29:06 Client: Remote object 3:32 not found

12:29:13 Server: Object 3:54 not found (message 70)
12:30:04 Client: Remote object 3:51 not found
12:30:04 Client: Remote object 3:50 not found

12:30:12 Server: Object 3:69 not found (message 70)
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:66 not found
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:65 not found
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:68 not found

What happens on the next restart after all the vehicles are created? So far I am unable to reproduce this and many servers with more than 15 players are running 1.0.2.1 without these issues. Are you certain that you are running our dayz_server.pbo, hiveext.dll, and Database.dll released from here: http://goo.gl/1fC1N7

Your RPT log shows that a about 198 vehicles spawned in about one minute. The server also should not allow connections if the server is still setting up.

For player connection debug it shows:

12:28:17 Server: Object 3:36 not found (message 94)
12:29:06 Client: Remote object 3:33 not found
12:29:06 Client: Remote object 3:32 not found

12:29:13 Server: Object 3:54 not found (message 70)
12:30:04 Client: Remote object 3:51 not found
12:30:04 Client: Remote object 3:50 not found

12:30:12 Server: Object 3:69 not found (message 70)
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:66 not found
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:65 not found
12:31:06 Client: Remote object 3:68 not found

What happens on the next restart after all the vehicles are created? So far I am unable to reproduce this and many servers with more than 15 players are running 1.0.2.1 without these issues. Are you certain that you are running our dayz_server.pbo, hiveext.dll, and Database.dll released from here: http://goo.gl/1fC1N7

Edit>>>> today all is fine..

Heh nothing changed but now working fine for us on both servers. That was some messed up issue.

I am having the same issues with my HFB server tonight... I logged in on top of Devil's Castle and ran to my Huey 500m to the north, flew over north of NEAF and landed, got out got in my raod assitance van and drove to klen. had to leave the room for a minute so I went to the lobby. came back a few minutes later and when I logged back into the game I was on top of Devils Castle again. about an hour later I logged to lobby again and when I came back in the game... I was on Devil's Castle. my vehicles stayed where I logged out...

Yeah i'm still getting this, can take 30mins - 3hrs to sync to database. Im using DayZ.st.

I copied my database to a different DayZ.st server to see if that fixed it but to no avail.

With the old server I reset the mission.pbo and server.pbo to stock and the problem was still there. Its was only when I wiped the database that It got fixed.

Just don't want to go wiping the database with all the hard work people have put in.

The thing what is worrying me is that in the Epoch changelist there is nothing about fixing the database issues.

I have jumped across other servers and have asked other admins and they seem to be getting the same problems, but only people with populated servers seem to get the problem.   As with me it only happens when I get over 20 players on the server which happens most evenings.

I have also lost alot of players due to these reasons but they have come back as they have stated alot of servers get the same problems.

I am not sure if servers like the mega popular MGT get the same issues but I am assuming they run of their own dedicated boxes, as their servers are massively popular on all DayZ mods.

So, has no one found a fix for this? I have ran fresh updates by vilayer, hfb, and dayz priv all freah no addons we have tested with 20-50 people on each time. All 3 servers we get the same issues.

1. Cars not spawning at the traders

2. Terrible desync

3. Players respawning where they died at

4. Players spawning as fresh spawns after restarts.

This is pretty game breaking and we are thinking of cancelling our servers due to the frustration.

Any help or advise would be great. And again we have test on all three providers, with a high population and low population. Happens everytime.

Thanks

Anthony

So, has no one found a fix for this? I have ran fresh updates by vilayer, hfb, and dayz priv all freah no addons we have tested with 20-50 people on each time. All 3 servers we get the same issues.

2. Terrible desync

This is pretty game breaking and we are thinking of cancelling our servers due to the frustration.

Any help or advise would be great. And again we have test on all three providers, with a high population and low population. Happens everytime.

Thanks

Anthony

Do you use any mods?

Did you ask Vilayer, HFB, and DayZ Priv that they use the vanilla Epoch files or do they modify them for the hosting?

Did you ask the prior-mentioned hosting companies if they have updates all .dll files as well as your configuration files?

I have absolutely no problems.

Ran a server with 20-25 people on for 8 hours straight with little (client-side) lag.

2. Terrible desync

Thanks

Anthony

On villayer, and the others if they offer the option, do you see any difference if you use their global hive or your own private hive ?

Hi,

We are currently having these issues too on our server, it is hosted at survivalservers. 

1. Vehicles not spawning, players do get the key.

2. Players respawning where they died, with the same gear (so it is duped).

3. Players respawning as fresh spawns.

Today after an automated server restart the server even had a rollback of an hour or two, after this happened some of our players really got mad and left the server.

We really need a solution, as this is destroying our servers reputation.

Same 

Hi,

We are currently having these issues too on our server, it is hosted at survivalservers. 

1. Vehicles not spawning, players do get the key.

2. Players respawning where they died, with the same gear (so it is duped).

3. Players respawning as fresh spawns.

Today after an automated server restart the server even had a rollback of an hour or two, after this happened some of our players really got mad and left the server.

We really need a solution, as this is destroying our servers reputation.

Exact same issues, seems to have started around higher populations, its now uncontrollable. server is left basically useless. I am on .ST and a buddy of mine had same issues on Dedi box. 

Can we get some confirmation from mod team that this is an issue? I really like Epoch but my server is useless when powered on right now.

Got a reply from DayZ.st:

"After epoch was updated there have been issues with the changes that the devs have made, we are waiting for them to update epoch again which they have already said that they are going to fix the issues that are currently occurring with the newest update."

Got a reply from DayZ.st:

"After epoch was updated there have been issues with the changes that the devs have made, we are waiting for them to update epoch again which they have already said that they are going to fix the issues that are currently occurring with the newest update."

I am curious what they think the the problem was, as I have not confirmed any issues like this with our vanilla code.

So our problems appear to have been fixed. We had a coder from dayz priv hosting help us. It seemed to be in the basic.cfg... Changing the bandwith allowed or something like that.

Our server starts having the problem at around 20 people and gets worse every 5 after that. We hit 20 last night after we updated our files, and there were no bugs. We hope most of our players log in tonight for a real stress test. I will get back to you guys tomorrow about the results.

Azazel

What feedback have you had from your server hosts ?

Survivalserver said that their epoch devs would look into the problem, but it has been weekend so no response yet. 

So our problems appear to have been fixed. We had a coder from dayz priv hosting help us. It seemed to be in the basic.cfg... Changing the bandwith allowed or something like that.

Our server starts having the problem at around 20 people and gets worse every 5 after that. We hit 20 last night after we updated our files, and there were no bugs. We hope most of our players log in tonight for a real stress test. I will get back to you guys tomorrow about the results.

Azazel

Will wait for the answer, please share if you've solved the problem.  :D