Problems with Epoch and database

bsmaff

Question

I have a server with HFB and updated Epoch manually doing the same thing I do everytime there is an update.

With this version of Epoch I have got loads of problems regarding the server and the DB, many players have been dying and spawning back where they died with the same gear, then when they leave the server and come back they then come back as a new spawn.

It seems there is a massive delay between the game written to the DB, this has only started to happen in 1.0.2

The other bug is players are buying vehicles and then getting a key and the vehicle not spawning, then occasionally sometimes the vehicle will spawn in after the server restarts.

I am not 100% certain if this is a problem with my server or if any other players are experiencing these problems.

The other bug is players are buying vehicles and then getting a key and the vehicle not spawning, then occasionally sometimes the vehicle will spawn in after the server restarts.

Do you have parachute drop active? I was using the default spawn mode and had the same problem sometimes. When I checked the database it said the vehicles were there. I think if you don't it sometimes spawns the vehicle underground, but it'll be placed back above ground after restart. Para-dropped vehicles should prevent this, but can cause other issues since the parachute drifts around.

We are having the exact same issues on our server. bought vehicles not spawning, players respawning after dieing, and players loosing all gear and spawning fresh when they log out and back in.

PLEASE someone help with this!!! Its going to kill my server!

Only mods we have are selfbloodbag,blue pheonix admin tools, helilift/tow, commit suicide mod.

OK so we just took EVERYTHING out and put in fresh mission and server PBO and its still causing the problem.

We are having the exact same issues on our server. bought vehicles not spawning, players respawning after dieing, and players loosing all gear and spawning fresh when they log out and back in.

PLEASE someone help with this!!! Its going to kill my server!

Only mods we have are selfbloodbag,blue pheonix admin tools, helilift/tow, commit suicide mod.

OK so we just took EVERYTHING out and put in fresh mission and server PBO and its still causing the problem.

Wipe your database.

Back up your object_data, character_data, player_data tables, wipe, reinstall using the most recent schema, then import the data from the backed up tables.

I have tried with and without any mods.

The problem only happens when I get more than 20 players on the server, but this was never a problem before 1.0.2.

I am going to backup and wipe the DB, when 1.0.2.1 comes out and hope that this will fix the problems.

i have had the die an respawning at same point with out gear a couple of times. I thought it could have been down the low fps maybe. i wiped my db when i installed 1.0.2 and just restored what was needed so dont think its the database thats the problem

I do have a lot of mods installed but as others have tried with out mods i dont think its them. 

I have not contacted HFB servers, as now rolled back to 1.0.1.5 and all DB bugs are gone and had 35 players on earlier tonight with no problems at all.

I have been running 1.0.2 fine with around 15 players without issues.

Ran the server without a restart for 16 hours, and no noticeable problems popped up.

I have just updated server to version 1.0.2.1 and same bug exists, is there anyway at all to improve the server to DB performance?

This was never an issue with Epoch 1.0.1.5, this is an absolute game breaker for me.

Any suggestions would be appreciated and I have contacted HFB now to see what can be done in regards to improving performance.

We have exactly the same problems.

I dont know why, but if the Trade Request is in progress, the server stop send Informations out.

After the Process, all is fine again. 

dwm2013-09-0420-23-21hws6e.jpg

And the log spammed with 

NetServer::SendMsg: cannot find channel #xxx, users.card=23
NetServer: users.get failed when sending to xxx

or

No player found for channel xxx - message ignored

or

Server: Object xx:xx not found (message xx)

But all after 1.0.1.5 

So, 1.0.2 bring the Problems. In 1.0.1.5 all was fine.

greetz

Our server is suffering from the same problems. Running 1.0.2.1 on a dedicated server. Players are spawning where they died, or can re-log after dying in a different coastal spot, infinitely. Also logging out after dropping an item will give you it again after logging back in, so there are infinite duping possibilities.

We're running an Overwatch server and there's no problems when trying these things. The Epoch database is getting written to very slowly.

These are all the problems I am having as well, also with HFB. 

• First problem was with bought vehicles not appearing.
  • Then we had issues of dying, appearing back at the body and duping gear.
  • Backpacks were also duping when dropped. 
  • Frequently dumped into debug area
  • Black screen
  • Debug and invisible
  • Now trader item pre-cache seems to be broken

Some of the issues occured while running stock, others when modified but mostly it was random. 

Pretty much in that order for us, except for the getting dumped into debug being our first problem. The database is getting wiped tomorrow (though backing up player data) and that may work, but what is to say this won't happen again after a few days.

When the 1.0.2.1 patch came out i did as everyone shoud... i re added all my custom stuff to the new files. Yeah its a pain but it dont take to long if you just compaire the new and old files.

If you dont (like a lot of the 'server packs') then yyou get nothing but problems.

As far as i know nothing is broken on my server, we get very rare people die and spawn at same spot.

At the moment we are only running three addons, self bloodbag, Logistics and animated plane crashes. These are the three I've managed, with help, to get working. The majority of my time has been spent wiping and starting from scratch because I thought I had broken it due to the issues above. 

Not ruling out user error, but never been a fan of coincidences either. All updates were carried out using HFB console which I believe is most likely using your batch file. I'll try running the schema through the database to see if that fixes my current issue, but as far as I can tell their doesn't seem to be an issue with the db and any modifications I've done to the db (adding and removing records from traders data) worked 100% in 1.0.1.5 but the newer patches really don't like it. 

*Current server issue - no connection invisible debug, fixed by running db updates from 1.0.1.5 to 1.0.2.1. *

Still getting the odd occasional performance stutter seems to be more server side than client. 

Managed to set up a test server running a fresh server.pbo and mission + fresh database testing with 1-2 players on and the writes to database are extremely slow. You could run 500m and log out and back in and your position would reset..

Also dropping of gear and loggin out ends up duping the gear in ya invent and on the floor.

The dedi it self is fine running around 20-30% cpu usage (3 dayz servers + other crap) and no spikes on any cores blah blah blah etc etc. Server fps = "DEBUG FPS  : 39.5062"

Me overwatch server on the same box running on the same mysql  and is having none of theses issues. I could log in drop my gun log out right away and back in as fast as possible and it would save even with 50-60 players.

I really have no clue where to even begin fixing this issue

As stated I ran a clean mission file on my server for 24 hours and these problems happen all the time, as soon as there is 15+ players on the server these issues start happening and continue to happen.

No files on my server have been updated or changed.  I have also joined a couple of other servers and asked people if they are getting these errors and they all say they get the spawn bug and the vehicle bug at traders.

I have tried everything to fix these problems, wiped my DB, tried updating the server files again and also used the clean mission and server files for 24 hours, non of which fixed these issues.

The only solution which worked for me was reverting back to Epoch 1.0.1.5 now we get no issues at all.

Look for errors in your RPT file, Not sure why you would have these issues with the current set of files, there have been no changes to the dll. Maybe HFB has mixed something up.

Running off a dedicated. Nothing to do with just HFB :S

Did a test again..

Fresh install of arma fresh server files from the git. Noting added But my startup.bat, server config and basic.cfg

Basic.cfg for testing was

MinBandwidth=25000000;
MaxBandwidth=100000000;
MaxMsgSend=128;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999999;
MinErrorToSend=0.0099999998;
MaxCustomFileSize=0;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
class sockets
{
	maxPacketSize=1400;
};
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

Basic.cfg on main Epoch server + Overwatch (Same issues using this config.)

MinBandwidth=128000000;
MaxBandwidth=256000000;
MaxMsgSend=128;
MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;
MaxSizeNonguaranteed=192;
MinErrorToSendNear=0.029999997;
MinErrorToSend=0.0019999994;
MaxCustomFileSize=14068;
Windowed=0;
adapter=-1;
3D_Performance=1;
Resolution_Bpp=32;
serverLongitude=2;
serverLatitude=49;
serverLongitudeAuto=2;
serverLatitudeAuto=49;

All settings default. 300 cars etc etc

Link to rpt and HiveExt logs Here.

arma2oaserver_Epoch.RPT

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/76883933/file.html

HiveExt.log

http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/41172372/file.html

Same issues player positions/gear isn't saving on server start up on the test server. Now after ten mins or so it starts to save to the database as most reads/writes have finished and basically nothing is is going on in game.

On the main its slow all the time due to more players so more read/writes to hive.

TayTay made a vid to show. also one on the overwatch server to compare both are running off the same box.. video was at the same time of the logs above.

Epoch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4Vkof3HWmE&feature=youtu.be

Overwatch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-MXtYpymE&feature=youtu.be

We don't have a clue what is causing this..

I too am getting a ~30min deloy in syncing to database.

Had to put a rotating server msg up to inform ppl to go AFK ingame for 30mins to make sure they have saved.

I'm running on DayZ.st on Epoch 1.0.2.1 with AI, Missions, Self blood, Clothes Removal, Auto Refuel and Animated Heli/C130.

Had a programmer look into the server/database and informed there was a 22min delay atm and problem is stemming from code that is inaccessible

If Epoch is claiming that its stable then it must be from DayZ.st modifying the files to work with their Control Panel/Systems.

Next step will be to restore to Stock Epoch and if problem persists (From the sounds it will) will get DayZ.st to look into.