Problems with Epoch and database

bsmaff

Question

I have a server with HFB and updated Epoch manually doing the same thing I do everytime there is an update.

With this version of Epoch I have got loads of problems regarding the server and the DB, many players have been dying and spawning back where they died with the same gear, then when they leave the server and come back they then come back as a new spawn.

It seems there is a massive delay between the game written to the DB, this has only started to happen in 1.0.2

The other bug is players are buying vehicles and then getting a key and the vehicle not spawning, then occasionally sometimes the vehicle will spawn in after the server restarts.

I am not 100% certain if this is a problem with my server or if any other players are experiencing these problems.

So is this apparently fixed? Because my database is still messed up even after a total reinstall and restart.

Chars seem to save properly when they disconnect but otherwise they get rolled back up to 3 hours when they log back in. Buildables randomly don't save and cinderblock is completely broken, any upgrades to them don't save at all

So is this apparently fixed? Because my database is still messed up even after a total reinstall and restart.

Chars seem to save properly when they disconnect but otherwise they get rolled back up to 3 hours when they log back in. Buildables randomly don't save and cinderblock is completely broken, any upgrades to them don't save at all

This should be fixed when you updated to epoch 1.0.2.3. Otherwise the problem is with your database.

After testing it since 1.0.2.3 was releases i must say it runs WAY smoother than before. As i expected the epoch devs did a great job on this.

I still have some small issues when the server is full, but i think the lack of adjustment on my basic.cfg is causing this.

Thanks to vbawol and team!

I have read this entire string and first off want to thank people for being so polite and helpful.  That being said, I would love to know if there is a way to fix this issue above and beyond just upgrading to patch 1.0.2.3.  The server I run is an HFB, Epoch Lingor, with tow/lift, SelfBB, AI, and Auto-refuel.  It is a 20 slot server, and my "die and respawn next to your body with all duped gear" issue happens with any number of people on, 1 or 20.  I do not have the other issues that are described here, lag, desync and cars spawning in ground, etc.  I have been on 1.0.2.5 since the server was established and I still get the death respawn problem.

If anyone can give me any type of help I'd be extremely thankful!

I am having the same problem with 1.3.0.1 version.

Sometimes when server > 20 players, after a server restart some people will spawn at shore, miles away from where their last position was.

Checking the database some people dont even have alive players anymore.

Some would have Alive set to 0 and their last character update would be hours ago, or some would been set to 0 by the server after or before the restart (not sure when).

But this doesnt happen to all players.

Also when i tell them to relogin they might spawn at shore but searching in the characters_data, they STILL dont have a live player entry there.

In fact....no new entry oO.

I havent done anything to the player_spawn2.sqf. And removed all the custom spawn scripts i was trying to add when i first noticed this.

I've redone the server from scratch, adding all the mods i had before without touching anything related to spawning.

All the mods are extra ingame stuff...like Tow, refuel etc...so they dont interact with spawning at all.