[WIP] ZFM-FairMission System-Dynamic,Modular & Balanced (Alpha release 90% complete, Test builds frequently available) - Actively developed

I wonder how the uni spawning works, I have my server running DZMS(for missions) and WAI(for static AI island) and I heavily modified the spawn system for both.
My server is militarized and the AI is always in squads, no bandits ... but russian military squads.
I have made that the Units that spawn are determined by the unitcount and the type of spawn.

For example a normal generic squad of X units will spawn like this:
1. unit in group is always commander and in officer skin, specific gear
2. to 3. unit are normal assaultrifle soldiers, random russian military skin, standard gear
4. unit will be medic, basically same as soldier but with medicals in gear
5. squad automatic gunner, basic gear
6. to 7. sniper, sniper gear loadout
8. unit will be a rpg or missile soldier equiped with a random chosen launcher weapon (I like it when I get a random missile warning out of the blue and need to evade the SAM :D )
9. to X will be a normal soldier or a squad automatic gunner with a certain chance of them to spawn as one or the other

I have this also for Sniper squads, plain soldier/gunner squads, launcher squads ... etc

Is it possible to incorporate something like this? Or is it kinda like this already?

I wonder how the uni spawning works, I have my server running DZMS(for missions) and WAI(for static AI island) and I heavily modified the spawn system for both.

My server is militarized and the AI is always in squads, no bandits ... but russian military squads.

I have made that the Units that spawn are determined by the unitcount and the type of spawn.

For example a normal generic squad of X units will spawn like this:

1. unit in group is always commander and in officer skin, specific gear

2. to 3. unit are normal assaultrifle soldiers, random russian military skin, standard gear

4. unit will be medic, basically same as soldier but with medicals in gear

5. squad automatic gunner, basic gear

6. to 7. sniper, sniper gear loadout

8. unit will be a rpg or missile soldier equiped with a random chosen launcher weapon (I like it when I get a random missile warning out of the blue and need to evade the SAM :D )

9. to X will be a normal soldier or a squad automatic gunner with a certain chance of them to spawn as one or the other

I have this also for Sniper squads, plain soldier/gunner squads, launcher squads ... etc

Is it possible to incorporate something like this? Or is it kinda like this already?

Hi ventZer0,

Yes, this is how units are spawned in ZFM at present and in ZFM pre-alpha. In ZFM devel/testing and scheduled for Alpha release, there are:

• Sniper
  • Heavy (Heavy machinegun)
  • Rifleman
  • Commander

Each one of these spawn in a unit based on the difficulty of the mission. So,

• Deadmeat -- useless, no co-ordination, no leadership, poor skills.
  • Easy -- fairly useless, some, but very little co-ordination, rare chance of leadership, OK-ish skills, pretty easy to kill.
  • Medium -- Somewhat challenging, some co-ordination, some leadership, varying skills from easy to somewhat challenging.
  • Hard - Challenging, co-ordination, pretty good leadership, pretty good to good skills, a  challenge.
  • War Machine -- Absolute co-ordination, dedicated leadership, 90% - 100% efficiency in skills, chance to be supported by a sniper, can have support weapons. Very hard to kill, but excellent loot.

They also have customised outfits

• Deadmeat & easy - Usually bandit skins, no camouflage
  • Medium - Mostly bandit skins, some non-conventional bandit skins (i.e. Ones that don't look like American tourists with body armor on ;-) )
  • Hard - Mostly camouflage, some non-conventional skins (As above)
  • War Machine - Always camouflaged, snipers have ghillie suits, commanders are clearly defined.

They also have customised weapon loadouts

• Deadmeat have generic weapons
  • Easy have generic weapons
  • Medium have mostly generic weapons, some mid-powered weapons.
  • Hard have mostly mid-high powered and accurate weapons.
  • War Machine have the most accurate, most powerful weapons.

My advice is to pull from the testing repository from the ZFM GitHub; they are already functioning on there currently, and you will get a flavour of them. If you want to make your own classes, ZFM is designed to be expandable, and each one of the classes is easily defined, and easily spawned in; check the source, you can add them in very easily. Two classes to go into beta will be LONE_SNIPER, which is for the sniper mission, and MEDIC.

I was thinking of making another difficulty when I eventually get through to ZAI, but ZAI, the accompanying AI package to go with ZFM is a while away, so it's best to stay focused on what there is. :)

Outlander, the devel branch is not recommended according to the head forum post: 

Devel - Contains bleeding-edge code which is not recommended on a live systemNot recommended for anyone other than developers or people familiar with SQF.

Outlander, the devel branch is not recommended according to the head forum post: 

Whoops, well I managed to cobble together a 'working' version from there. Not perfect but I get about 3 missions spawned at any given time. Good enough for now  :ph34r:

Cheers for the good code commenting.

Hey man fucking fantastic mission system you got going keep up the great work! Quick question I see the devel is updated 4 days ago and the testing was updated 25 days ago my question is which has the least errors? Yes I'm aware they are not finished but we still plan on using it on our populated server to help figure out as many bugs as possible! Great work man and hope to here back from you soon.

Well I failed to remember your post saying its laggy with wai and dzai which we have both of so unfortunately we can not use this until they are compatible but despite that it's still a fantastic script and can't wait for compatibility! Keep up the fantastic work man and can't wait to see where this goes! And the expected work on compatibility won't be tell after a full release? I really hope that's not the case cause I cant wait that long haha. Great work man keep doin what your doin!

Well I failed to remember your post saying its laggy with wai and dzai which we have both of so unfortunately we can not use this until they are compatible but despite that it's still a fantastic script and can't wait for compatibility! Keep up the fantastic work man and can't wait to see where this goes! And the expected work on compatibility won't be tell after a full release? I really hope that's not the case cause I cant wait that long haha. Great work man keep doin what your doin!

Yeah, I may bring that forward to Beta if enough people think it's a concern. The reason why it's laggy is because I'm assuming it's the ZFM classes which conflict with DZAI/WAI, as they do various actions when units are created, and ZFM keeps tight control of units, so there's probably some conflict there. Or, it may be as simple as ZFM setting the skills, etc for AI. Either way, after Release 1, I am going to start working on ZAI which will then replace the need for using WAI, and will bring additional fun to the missions as ZAI will be designed specifically for ZFM.

For now though, your other question -- which has least issues. The testing release is still worth using as those are functions which haven't been touched. I know everyone's eager to get ZFM, and I am too, but I just have to find the time for it. My work on paid projects is drawing to a close, so if I can get it done by Friday, I will get cracking with development on Saturday. I hit the ground running on Friday and finished the loot system, Saturday I was busy, then paid work came in on Sunday ;)

Hang in there, when the release is out, I'll be sure to make everyone happy :P

Seems like missions aren't spawning (Or am I a bit impatient?  Which is possible :-) )

Getting this in my RPT:

8:56:33 Error in expression <OOT_MODE_TYPES = [
ZFS_Loot_Type_Fixed,
ZFS_Loot_Type_Probability
];

ZFS_Loot_>
 8:56:33   Error position: <ZFS_Loot_Type_Probability
];

ZFS_Loot_>
 8:56:33   Error Undefined variable in expression: zfs_loot_type_probability

Unfortunately I am not to good at scripting yet to figure this out :-(

Figured it out :-)

ZFM_Loot_Config.sqf

Line 10 has:

ZFS_Loot_Type_Probabilty = "4x10101B";

And line 27 has:

Fixed the spelling and working now :-)

EDIT:

Missions are running now, but getting a whole bunch of "Error Undefined variable in expression" mesages now, and seems like the loot crates are not filling with all leet.  Only three weapons at a time.

Figured it out :-)

ZFM_Loot_Config.sqf

Line 10 has:

ZFS_Loot_Type_Probabilty = "4x10101B";

And line 27 has:

Fixed the spelling and working now :-)

EDIT:

Missions are running now, but getting a whole bunch of "Error Undefined variable in expression" mesages now, and seems like the loot crates are not filling with all leet.  Only three weapons at a time.

Hiya Muffin Man,

Can you please tell me which repository you pulled from? (testing, devel, master?)  Also please provide detail of the errors in your RPT that relate to ZFM.

I can help, but it will be the case that if a new testing release comes out this weekend, those issues will have been resolved anyway, but you never know! :)

Pulled from master

Here is my fresh RPT:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/275706/arma2oaserver.RPT

Some examples:

9:13:28 Error in expression <calSupplies
];

ZFS_FixedLoot_Types =[
ZFS_FixedLoot_Pistols,
ZFS_FixedLoot_Sni>
 9:13:28   Error position: <ZFS_FixedLoot_Pistols,
ZFS_FixedLoot_Sni>
 9:13:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: zfs_fixedloot_pistols
 9:13:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\Config\ZFM_Loot_Config.sqf, line 224
 9:13:28 Error in expression <

ZFM_Admin_UIDs =[
["239539334",[ZFM_Admin_All_Permissions]]
];

ZFM_Cach>
 9:13:28   Error position: <ZFM_Admin_All_Permissions]]
];

ZFM_Cach>
 9:13:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: zfm_admin_all_permissions
 9:13:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\Config\ZFM_Admin_Config.sqf, line 21

9:14:24 Error in expression <tedVehicle;

sleep 20;

deleteVehicle _createdVehicle;    

_crashPosOne = _cras>
 9:14:24   Error position: <_createdVehicle;    

_crashPosOne = _cras>
 9:14:24   Error Undefined variable in expression: _createdvehicle
 9:14:24 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 826
 9:14:24 "Crash Marker. Location [4138.75,8052.72,0], Difficulty DEADMEAT, MarkerText Crashed Mi17_medevac_CDF"
 9:14:24 "Zambino FairMission System [ZFM]  v0.3.2 - ZFM_CreateCrashVehicle - Marker set.."
 9:14:24 Error in expression <",ZFM_NAME,ZFM_VERSION,(visiblePosition _createdVehicle)]);

[_createdVehicle,_m>
 9:14:24   Error position: <_createdVehicle)]);

[_createdVehicle,_m>
 9:14:24 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 840

Thanks for the assist :-)

Pulled from master

Here is my fresh RPT:

Some examples:

9:13:28 Error in expression <calSupplies

];

ZFS_FixedLoot_Types =[

ZFS_FixedLoot_Pistols,

ZFS_FixedLoot_Sni>

9:13:28   Error position: <ZFS_FixedLoot_Pistols,

ZFS_FixedLoot_Sni>

9:13:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: zfs_fixedloot_pistols

9:13:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\Config\ZFM_Loot_Config.sqf, line 224

9:13:28 Error in expression <

ZFM_Admin_UIDs =[

["239539334",[ZFM_Admin_All_Permissions]]

];

ZFM_Cach>

9:13:28   Error position: <ZFM_Admin_All_Permissions]]

];

ZFM_Cach>

9:13:28   Error Undefined variable in expression: zfm_admin_all_permissions

9:13:28 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\Config\ZFM_Admin_Config.sqf, line 21

9:14:24 Error in expression <tedVehicle;

sleep 20;

deleteVehicle _createdVehicle;    

_crashPosOne = _cras>

9:14:24   Error position: <_createdVehicle;    

_crashPosOne = _cras>

9:14:24 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 826

9:14:24 "Crash Marker. Location [4138.75,8052.72,0], Difficulty DEADMEAT, MarkerText Crashed Mi17_medevac_CDF"

9:14:24 "Zambino FairMission System [ZFM]  v0.3.2 - ZFM_CreateCrashVehicle - Marker set.."

9:14:24 Error in expression <",ZFM_NAME,ZFM_VERSION,(visiblePosition _createdVehicle)]);

[_createdVehicle,_m>

9:14:24   Error position: <_createdVehicle)]);

[_createdVehicle,_m>

9:14:24 File z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Mission_Functions.sqf, line 840

Thanks for the assist :-)

No problem. For now, please can you pull from the "testing" repository? The "master" repository only contains full releases, so at the moment it contains the pre-alpha from a month ago. Testing repo contains the most recent builds available for use and testing :)

Loaded from testing branch

Same problem I first got where the missions don't spawn (or if they do, don't get announced) and saw the same spelling mistake in line 10 of the ZFM_Loot_Config.sqf the vairable is spelt ZFS_Loot_Type_Probabilty and on line 27 it is ZFS_Loot_Type_Probability (Line 10 missing an i )

FIxed that and now missions spawn (get announced too) but the AI is not attacking me.  Can walk right up to them, and kill them, and the others will just look at me like I am doing them a favour :P

New RPT

Still a lot of "Error Undefined variable in expression" messages.

Not sure if I am maybe doing something wrong?
my server_monitor.sqf looks like this where I call up ZFM:

allowConnection = true;    
    // Zambino FairMission
    [] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\ZFM\ZFM_Initialize.sqf";
    sm_done = true;
    publicVariable "sm_done";
};

Hiya Muffin Man,

If you wish to fix this, go into the files for ZFM_Mission and there should be, in the function "ZFM_Create_Unit", some comments that say "disabled for debugging", and some lines below with options set to 0. These need to be set to 1. Restart, and they will shoot the crap out of you :lol:

So i test the Mission Mr ZamboniBambino

Bugs.

1. I cleared the Mission and the Mission not despawn.

2. if you can see it when Ai is killed (I dont see the Work or False).

3. Every Ai have 7 or 13 Magz in the Body i edit this to 1 Magz (not work)

And can add you the Send Top Right message to users , requires Remote message script i like this!

_hint = parseText format["<t align=center' color='#52bf90' shadow='2' size='1.75'>ZFM Mission</t><br/><t align='center' color='#ffffff'>HereyourMissionName</t&gt];
customRemoteMessage = ['hint', _hint];
publicVariable "customRemoteMessage";

Have a nice day.

Hey man thanks for the reply to my post and sorry for my late reply back apparently my inbox and email notifications where turned off. Yea once this is running smooth and has features such as vehicle convoys, heli para drops, and similar items we will replace it. We have convoys setup with wai (well we're going to) to occasionally well very rarely spawn with a ural re ammo and heavily armed guard vics and this is the only way large vics can get ammo it will only be a temp vic obviously. I say this because its vital for keeping the large vics we have added heavily nerfed on top of the expensive cost. Also quick q I'm working on a new island for chernarus but was worried about getting ai on it with most systems you can place squads on the map but I'm afraid they will spawn under it in the water. Any ideas on what I could do? I planned on using wai's heli para drop but there landings aren't accurate and most would end up in the water. Obviusly this isn't your ai system but I msged the dzai, wai, and sarge ai creator none responded to the topic so I decided to come to you. Maybe this could be somthing eventually added to your system (the island that is) appreciate the help you've given me and everyone else and can't wait to replace our current ai systems with yours once the necessary features are added. Keep up the great work mate!

Hey man thanks for the reply to my post and sorry for my late reply back apparently my inbox and email notifications where turned off. Yea once this is running smooth and has features such as vehicle convoys, heli para drops, and similar items we will replace it. We have convoys setup with wai (well we're going to) to occasionally well very rarely spawn with a ural re ammo and heavily armed guard vics and this is the only way large vics can get ammo it will only be a temp vic obviously. I say this because its vital for keeping the large vics we have added heavily nerfed on top of the expensive cost. Also quick q I'm working on a new island for chernarus but was worried about getting ai on it with most systems you can place squads on the map but I'm afraid they will spawn under it in the water. Any ideas on what I could do? I planned on using wai's heli para drop but there landings aren't accurate and most would end up in the water. Obviusly this isn't your ai system but I msged the dzai, wai, and sarge ai creator none responded to the topic so I decided to come to you. Maybe this could be somthing eventually added to your system (the island that is) appreciate the help you've given me and everyone else and can't wait to replace our current ai systems with yours once the necessary features are added. Keep up the great work mate!

No problem :)

Convoys, heli para drops and the like would be a beta-release feature. In terms of the other AI systems, I can provide advice, but I'd prefer to do it in the relevant forum. If it's features to bring over from other AI/Mission Systems, then I would happily discuss them here :wub:

In terms of development progress -- still working on paid work, unfortunately, so until that's done, ZFM development will wait. I also have to sort out some education-related stuff so, ZFM development likely on Friday this week or on the weekend. I so want to get the release done.. ^_^