Custom loadout with database?

BetterDeadThanZed

Question

17 answers to this question

It is not currently implemented by default on 1.0.2.

However, I will work on a custom loadout script.

I am planning on putting in clan/group-related clothing into a server I work on, and have it controlled via the database.

Expect a tutorial sometime this week. :)

Sounds cool. There's this: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/840-donator-spawn-loadout-without-database-triggers but I haven't gotten it to work properly, although I haven't had a lot of time to really look hard at what might be wrong. If it can be put into the database, that would be really nice.

Sounds cool. There's this: http://dayzepoch.com/forum/index.php?/topic/840-donator-spawn-loadout-without-database-triggers but I haven't gotten it to work properly, although I haven't had a lot of time to really look hard at what might be wrong. If it can be put into the database, that would be really nice.

How do you have access to the database?

Are you able to execute queries that would create new tables perchance?

But that doesnt read off the database. It reads off a file within the dayz_server. I have 900 PUIDs to deal with of many different loadout variations. lol

Yes you can do it all through the database, donor kits, random kits, anything you want. It will require knowledge of SQL, and writing scripts outside of the DB and arma2 mission files. There is more than one way to do it, without ever editing any SQF files. How? I couldn't tell you 100% bc my SQL is rusty, a member of the community I belong too is an engineer and puts together many unique server side features for us involving the database, while I handle coding the mission/SQF files. Last time I did anything database related was 10 years ago, and a lot has changed since then (mainly my memory! :lol: I'm more comfortable with C++).  If you search the forums, there is a thread about external scripts you could run to make this happen. Lets just hope the hive 999 and 998 make it into epoch some time soon, or they upgrade to a normalized database like bliss or reality.

Should be possible via a trigger and maybe a separate table where the information about the donor players or whatever is placed.

Trigger activates for a specific situation (new character created) and in the where clause it checks if the player is IN table donors or friends or something (or just a flag to be checked).

I am not an expert writing that down from mind but with a bit of searching and trying it sounds possible to achieve. That's what triggers are used for.