Change Trader Medic Animations

Gr8

Question

How do I change the long medic animation at the traders. It takes to long to trade multiple items.

I saw this in dayz_code/actions/trade_items.sqf

[1,1] call dayz_HungerThirst;
player playActionNow "Medic";

But I dont know how to link this file from the mission and change or remove the animation. 

If possible, how can i add a pick-up animation where player bends down to pick item up form the ground on middle mouse click. 

9 answers to this question

I would look at object_pickup.sqf in dayz_code/actions/ not sure if it iw where you need to put it but, going by naming, it could well be.

Animation names can be found here.  Just change "medic" to one of the other animation names to get it to play. 

Have a look at dayz_code/configs/configmoves.hpp for an idea of what may be available.  The actual moves may be in the anim.pbo file.

Would think about adding an action to picking up items though.

Consider this....

Current system

• Running from zombies with an empty gun.
  • Spot a stanag mag on the floor. 
  • Highlight it with the cursor,
  • Open gear.
  • Grab it.
  • Close gear.
  • Run and load gun.
  • Shoot zombies / players.
  • Much fun.
  • Many happy faces :D .

With animation

• Running from zombies with an empty gun.
  • Spot a stanag mag on the floor.
  • Highlight it with the cursor.
  • Open gear.
  • Grab it.
  • Close gear.
  • Animation (1st sec).
  • Zombies catch up.
  • Animation (2nd sec).
  • Zombies hit,
  • Player bleeding,
  • Animation (3rd sec).
  • Many zobies surround player.
  • Zombies hit again from multiple zombies.
  • Player bleeding like a bucket with a hole at the bottom.
  • Player tries to run and is blocked by zombies
  • Zombies hit again from multiple zombies.
  • Breaks out and runs.
  • Finds somewhere to bandage.
  • Loads gun.
  • Tries to get blood back up.
  • Get shot hunting for food and blood bags.
  • Many, many sad faces :( .

THat is not taking in to account bandits who may place items somewhere and know that when someone picks them up there will be a 3 sec+ animation where they know the players movements and can easily snipe them.

Of course some people do like it Hardcore :) .

RB

lol, i would never do that to my server.

This is what i am trying to do:

• Go up to a trader
  • Buy/sell an item.
  • Do a pickup animation (not the medic one)
  • Complete transaction
  • Happy :)

I dont know why you thought i was trying to replace pickup animation to medic one  :huh:

lol, i would never do that to my server.

This is what i am trying to do:

• Go up to a trader
  • Buy/sell an item.
  • Do a pickup animation (not the medic one)
  • Complete transaction
  • Happy :)

I dont know why you thought i was trying to replace pickup animation to medic one  :huh:

Ok, my bad.  That makes more sense :) .

I guess I do not generally see any pickup animation as I am usually in the gear screen when it plays for for me it is pretty instant

RB

I've just about finished a script which allows a player to trade weapons directly from the gear of their vehicle.

Good points -

Each trader will only buy weapons he/she would normally buy.

Has a configurable 'speed' to the trading. With the default settings it takes around 2 minutes to sell 50 weapons.

Has anti-cheat protection (sounding offiicial :P ). Vehicle has to be empty of passengers, seller has to have been the driver and the vehicle is locked as soon as trading begins and unlocks when finished. If the weapon cargo of the vehicle is modified at any time during trading (even though the vehicle is locked and they actually can't) it cancels the trade.

Bad points -

It's kinda long winded to get set up, not difficult, it just involves a lot of list making of weapon names and costs and so on.

I obviously cannot set this permanently, almost all servers have different prices/traders.

That's it.

I'll be making a proper post about it in the next day or two, to see if anyone is interested in using it. If they are, I'll share it.

I am really interested in this script. I have a few questions tho.

Is this kind of a bulk selling script? Or it sells every weapons one be one?

How will the money work? Will it be added in your inventory or the vehicle's?

-----------------

Can you pull something out of this script to remove or alter the animation for selling single items?

You can change how many weapons sell per 'step'. Each step being 1 trading animation. By default it will sell 5 weapons per step, but you can change it sell 100000 per step so it's always a 1 step thing or you can make it so they have to go through an animation per weapon, just avoiding the whole running to and from a car thing.

The money is added into the players inventory. It uses a currency system similar to what's in epoch so it gives you the money you need but in the smallest amount of items possible.

I don't think you could pull a little bit of this script just to alter the animation that is used during normal trading. I think the only way you could change how the normal trading animation is would be to find the correct file that deals with that and make some changes there.

If you wanna have a little look at what the script I'm just finishing looks like you can check out this -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5gn7-uA7UU

If I knew how to embed, i would. Keep in mind that in that clip, the default setting of selling 5 weapons per step is being used.

Also, if someone could be nice enough to tell me how on earth to embed a video, it'd be nice. I'm a totally forum unskilled XD