How can I add military vehicles to my server?

neiljb

I have noticed a few epoch servers have full on military vehicles for sale at their traders and also have them spawning around the map (AH1Z, AH64, T90, M1A2 etc). These servers are not running rmod and I was wondering how this is possible, I would love to add military vehicles to my server but I am having a few problems doing so. I have tried simply adding them to my traders_data table (in the same way I have successfully added other items), but when I try and buy said vehicle, AH1Z for example the trade takes place and my gold is taken but rather than the vehicle spawning in I simply get a message popping up saying something like bin\cfgmagazines.AH1Z is missing.  

Does anyone have any ideas how I could get this to work? I would be very grateful for any help. :)  

It is possible due to DayZ Epoch allowing such vehicles.

To add them into your server, add them to both the dynamic_spawn.sqf in your mission file as well as your traders_data table in your database.

For a reference of possible (some vehicles may not be allowed) vehicles, please go to:
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2:_Vehicles
http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA_2_OA:_Vehicles

Make sure to use the classname and not the name of the vehicle.

A good tip is that if no icon appears in the trader menu, chances are that the vehicle classname is mistyped, has an extra character, or is not available.

Thanks for the tips guys. In the end I added some of the vehicles I wanted to the dynamic vehicle.sqf then just cleared the object data table and sure enough upon server restart it started spawning in the new vehicles. My task for today is to add all the class names to the traders data so people can start trading them. :)

Some that I added to the server and work just fine (Refer to above links for class name):

BAF Jackal

BAF Merlin (Many, many windows)

AW159 Lynx (Admin only. The hellfires kick you)

BTR-40 (with and without gun)

HMMV Armored

Tried, worked, but Overpowered and not on server:

GAZ_Vodnik_HMG

Ka52 (BE kick for missles)

Apache (BE kick for missles)

HMMWV CROWS (M2) & (Mk19)

• 3 weeks later...

On the other side fo the coin here.

If I remove high value military vehicles from the dynamic_vehicle.sqf, that will still allow them to be purchased at the traders correct?

Overall I really don't want HMMV GPK's spawning down near Cherno cause the vehicles themselves are kind of an "end game" reward for actually playing Epoch as intended.

Plus with MV-22's and C130J's literally spawning in the random spawn....its far too easy for people to farm them for gold. And overall I'd prefer my server economy not to get trashed by that.

If you dont want them at all then do remove them, the limits are soft limits so you can get +1 on anything you set. So putting 0 or 1 you may get 1 or 2 of them spawning.

The only safe way is to remove them or you may be able to comment them out with // before each line of unwanted or /* */ around a group

Disabled RADAR is a modification update from the Epoch devs, they only do this for vehicles officially supported by Epoch such as the MV22. 

Most, if not all of the vehicles work direct from the traders. No issues. Battleye kicks are solved by editing the appropriate battleye script, usually createvehicle. No errors on startup with any of the vehicles we've added which is all of them bar the Tunguska. Dynamics spawn only affects dynamic spawn, only add vehicles in here you want the server to spawn. For example very old tanks like the T-34 we added with light vehicles but no armed helis spawn. Military vehicles will also spawn in using the damage and fuel formula of Epoch. 

No issues repairing any of the vehicles using the same parts you would repair normal cars, with the exception that tracks require scrap metal. Turrets tend to autorepair with chassis in our experience. Due to the different damages between the various expansions some of the vehicles behave differently, such as the BTR-60 which can have a totally destroyed chassis but still be drivable.

None of the vehicles are over powered providing you add the means for infantry to counter, at the very least this means adding in the RPG-7. We have added in both anti-tank and anti-air launchers since most of the heli's have flares. On average we are losing 3-4 vehicles each per session and have to go back to scrounging for parts or money.

The AI MI-24's are very good at destroying everything, with the added bonus of watching them rocketing the dogs.  

• 3 months later...