[Release] Walk Amongst The Dead - (Hide from zombies like "The Walking Dead")

Sandbird

The coughing bit is just how your player acts when infected.

Yeah i know...but for some reason....he is coughing ALL the time....like constantly. I dont remember that when you are sick...there are some random gaps in between.

Not to mention the fact that since all these scripts are running in a loop with a tiny sleep value in between the loops...and some people might have the Zombie camo to be constantly on until washed...even the smallest chance of getting infected...like 5% will eventually be true if you are gonna be playing the game for like 30 min.

Yeah i know...but for some reason....he is coughing ALL the time....like constantly. I dont remember that when you are sick...there are some random gaps in between.

Not to mention the fact that since all these scripts are running in a loop with a tiny sleep value in between the loops...and some people might have the Zombie camo to be constantly on until washed...even the smallest chance of getting infected...like 5% will eventually be true if you are gonna be playing the game for like 30 min.

Didn't anybody tell you? We're all infected

tumblr_inline_n26vivbuwh1rztctv.gif

Don't know if it would solve the problem or not but how about the chance to get infected when it's washed off to clothes changed

Then everyone would just disconnect to remove the camo, instead of washing it off...:P

If only we had custom SQLs **cough**epoch team**cough*, i would save a variable in the database to 'save' the camo on disconnect (if you havent washed it off)

But then dont you get penalised when you log back in for combat logging?

Just trying to think of a way round it as I'm going to install this later with the blood loss (humanity is to geared towards bamdits) and having infection chance as well would make it perfect

Are the added sounds working correctly?

I only ask as all of my currently added sounds are in this format

class introSong
    {
    name="introSong";
    sound[]={sounds\introSong.ogg,0.9,1};
    titles[] = {};
    };

and the install instructions say to put this

class z_wzombie1
    {
	name = "";
	sound[] = {"scripts\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_attack_04.ogg",0.3,1,40};
	titles[] = {0, ""};
	};
	class z_wzombie2 : z_wzombie1
	{
	sound[] = {"scripts\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
	};

Im no coder so apologies if it is correct. just thought i would check as its different from all other added sounds

Are the added sounds working correctly?

I only ask as all of my currently added sounds are in this format

class introSong
    {
    name="introSong";
    titles[] = {};
    };

and the install instructions say to put this

class z_wzombie1
    {
	name = "";
	sound[] = {"scripts\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_attack_04.ogg",0.3,1,40};
	titles[] = {0, ""};
	};
	class z_wzombie2 : z_wzombie1
	{
	sound[] = {"scripts\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
	};

Im no coder so apologies if it is correct. just thought i would check as its different from all other added sounds

Yeah it should be like this:

class CfgSounds
{
sounds[] ={z_wzombie1,z_wzombie2,introSong};

class z_wzombie1 {
        name = "";
        sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_attack_04.ogg",0.3,1,40};
        titles[] = {0, ""};
    };
    class z_wzombie2 : z_wzombie1 {
        sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
    };

class introSong
    {
        name="introSong";
        titles[] = {};
    };
};

I'll also take a look at the infection chance again...maybe i can come up with a solution.

Everything works perfect put i only  dont get the option wash yourself at a well or water resource and if i swim nothing happens.

The rain works and the wash of with waterbottle works too.

Soo only the wash at the well and waters dont work.

Can the drink water script screw this up?

Everything works perfect put i only  dont get the option wash yourself at a well or water resource and if i swim nothing happens.

The rain works and the wash of with waterbottle works too.

Soo only the wash at the well and waters dont work.

Can the drink water script screw this up?

- Do you get the option "Clean Guts" when you look at a well ?

- Is the well you are trying to use in this array ? 

DZ_waterSources = ["Land_pumpa","Land_water_tank","Land_Reservoir_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_C_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_L_EP1"];

- Are you using the v2 version of the script ? Or the initial release

- Did you add s_player_cleanguts in your  _dayzActions in your AH ?

- Does the RPT log shows any errors ?

Do you get the option "Clean Guts" when you look at a well 

NO

- Is the well you are trying to use in this array ? 

DZ_waterSources = ["Land_pumpa","Land_water_tank","Land_Reservoir_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_C_EP1","Land_Misc_Well_L_EP1"];

YES

- Are you using the v2 version of the script ? Or the initial release

V2 

- Did you add s_player_cleanguts in your  _dayzActions in your AH ?

I HAVE NO AH 

- Does the RPT log shows any errors ?

NO

I am getting drink everywhere but  should get clean guts also! 

thx for the fast response

I am getting drink everywhere but  should get clean guts also! 

thx for the fast response

Yeah you are right...i am getting the same results now...i probably missed something...like a semicolon....i'll look into it now and post back.

EDIT: No sorry....its working fine for me...(i was wrong before)....i'll look into it though....try to figure out what is going on with your client

Yeah you are right...i am getting the same results now...i probably missed something...like a semicolon....i'll look into it now and post back

please look if you can swim normal. i'm getting hick ups when i swim stop swim stop swim.. 

please look if you can swim normal. i'm getting hick ups when i swim stop swim stop swim.. 

Hmm no it works fine in water as well...It gets removed the minute i am entering water...Do you have skype ? or teamspeak ? I got a TS server if you want.

Send me a pm which way you want to talk..

Hmm no it works fine in water as well...It gets removed the minute i am entering water...Do you have skype ? or teamspeak ? I got a TS server if you want.

Send me a pm which way you want to talk..

yes the part of washed away works indeed when i enter the water. The first time it didnt.. 

But swimming is still not good.

Update

V3 Changes
- Changed config.sqf (removed wells from the DZ_waterSources array...now all wells are recognized from the walkamongstthedead.sqf)

- Changed walkamongstthedead.sqf (added all wells and ponds detection. Look at any well or a pond and use scroll to get the option to remove camo)

- Touching water wont remove camo now, only swimming.

Thanks Rythron for the suggestion :)

Update

V3 Changes

- Changed config.sqf (removed wells from the DZ_waterSources array...now all wells are recognized from the walkamongstthedead.sqf)

- Changed walkamongstthedead.sqf (added all wells and ponds detection. Look at any well or a pond and use scroll to get the option to remove camo)

Thx for your time and explain me some coding tips  ;)

Update

V3 Changes

- Touching water wont remove camo now, only swimming.

Does the download link point to V3? The filenamesays V2, just curious if the link points to the right one.

Can't seem to get this to work. The Cover in guts option shows up when I right click zombie parts but nothing happens. Going to try again. Thanks for this amazing script! So Cool!

Zero

Does the download link point to V3? The filenamesays V2, just curious if the link points to the right one.

Can't seem to get this to work. The Cover in guts option shows up when I right click zombie parts but nothing happens. Going to try again. Thanks for this amazing script! So Cool!

Zero

Yeah its v3. just forgot to fix the filename..fixed it now.

If you get the option on the guts then the hard part is done.

When you select it after open this file : C:\Users\ZeroK00L\AppData\Local\ArmA 2 OA\arma2oa.RPT  and check the error at the bottom..

You probably have some path error...if you make a 'custom' folder in your mission root and add the folder inside then it will work.

Check your folder paths :)