[Release] Walk Amongst The Dead - (Hide from zombies like "The Walking Dead")

Sandbird

The rightclick option is not working for me.. don't know why, i double checked the files and is everything like the tutorial...

Any idea? Maybe something with my ui_selectslot.sqf

This is how it is atm..

compiles.sqf

player_selectSlot=  compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ui_selectSlot.sqf";

Inside my MPMission i have a folder called scripts with the ui_selectslot.sqf in and this is the code there:

folder of the script is on the MPMission as well with the base directory from the tutorial

MPMissions\DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus\custom\walkamongstthedead

Is your ui_selectSlot.sqf a custom one or the original one...i cant tell from this copy/paste. IF its not the original one and you tweaked it before for another mod then do instead.

Hello, got a problem. All works fine , only if I got the zed camo on, the zombies are still following me, but cant hit me.

That happens sometimes when the zombies were chasing you and you managed to escape them and the camo got reactivated...Nothing can be done about that....remove camo and reapply to 'clean' those 'smart' zombies...or just kill them...the next bunch wont chase you.

That happens sometimes when the zombies were chasing you and you managed to escape them and the camo got reactivated...Nothing can be done about that....remove camo and reapply to 'clean' those 'smart' zombies...or just kill them...the next bunch wont chase you.

Same as when you have zombies chasing you and you enter a safe zone or turn on NoZedAggro in InfiSTAR.

@BetterDeadThanZed: Yeah I've had that happen quite a few times.  I don't think others see you that way though.

Would it be possible to set a variable to force players to walk to keep the camo similar to the combat (temporarily disable the shield if they run?)

That was my initial idea...If speed lower than 7 then camo on else camo off...but due to the super duper arma engine...if you walk/run too fast sometimes the function gets messed up and kinda reverse...or not activate properly.

So i came up with this solution.

• 2 weeks later...

Having an issue with Infistar's latest with players getting kicked for zombie check when applying camo? Was curious if anybody else was having this issue? And It was working fine previously.

Infistar updates his AH all the time...sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

There is an easy 'bypass'...all you have to do is open the AH.sqf and change this line:

player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf';

to

player_zombieAttack = {};

Infistar updates his AH all the time...sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

There is an easy 'bypass'...all you have to do is open the AH.sqf and change this line:

player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf';

to

Tried removing it. Still the same kick. Think it has to do with safezones also. Going to contact infistar. Thanks though!! Really hope to get this back working.

Tried removing it. Still the same kick. Think it has to do with safezones also. Going to contact infistar. Thanks though!! Really hope to get this back working.

Yeah well you have to be more specific when you are reporting stuff like that :P like "its player_zombieCheck thats kicking players".... thats a variable and i could help you with that :P I didnt know about infistars safezone script so that got me thinking....maybe there is a value in there thats called something like zombiecheck and the boom i found it.

But yeah, i need to know which line exactly is kicking the players..although i am kinda guessing its

player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf';

Try this:

Open the safezone script and change the above line to:

if (!DZE_hasZombieCamo) then {
			player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf';
		}

This way if the player doesnt have Z-camo on then the zombiecheck will be executed....else...it will stay the way it was from my script (no zombie check)

Did the Infistar + Walk Amongst the Dead issue get resolved?

I love this script, maybe I should be talking to Infistar! :)

My community loves this script so much that I just reverted to an older Infistar to keep it.

Hi, what seems to be the problem?

For the last 2 pages i've shown how to bypass infistar scripts to allow the script to run :)

Did you try the fix?

I'm wondering now, looking at the code that involves "player_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf';" in the latest infiSTAR.  That is only when an admin is enabling / disabling Zombie Aggro.  Applying your suggestion might not prevent players from being kicked.  It might just prevent admins from re-enabling zombie aggro.   :)

Applying my fix did not work.  Removed my snippet.

It looks like you did suggest removing "if (isNil 'player_zombieCheck')" in one of the posts.

I am trying this:

if (_noSafeZone) then
				{
					/* if (isNil 'player_zombieCheck') then
					{
						[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
						"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,toArray ('zombieCheck broken'),toArray ('BANNED')];
						publicVariableServer '"+_randvar10+"';
					}
					else
					{
						if (str player_zombieCheck != str _zombieCheck) then
						{
							[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
							"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,'zombieCheck changed','',''];
						};
					};
					if (isNil 'player_zombieAttack') then
					{
						[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
						"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,toArray ('zombieAttack broken'),toArray ('BANNED')];
					}
					else
					{
						if (str player_zombieAttack != str _zombieAttack) then
						{
							[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
							"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,'zombieAttack changed','',''];
						};
					}; */
				};

Nope, the moment I disable that check.  infiSTAR no longer functions.  This isn't urgent for me, I'll look into it at a later time.  Maybe I'm just being retarded and missing something very simple.

Wait ...are you trying to edit the infistar AH or the infistar safezone script ?

The AH is part of the days_server files....and you cant put /*  */ tags in there...you have to remove the lines (delete)

If the safezone script (i dont use it) is in the client files then you can use /* */ tags there.

It would be very helpful if i knew which script you are editing....If its the AH, i know you cant send me the code...we have to do this privately...if its the safezone script (which is free) then send me a link to the file and i'll take a look at it.

But basically you want to do this (as an algorithm i'll write this...i dont know which script you are trying to edit).

Lets say your script is something like this:

if (admin) then

{

player_zombieCheck = {};    // zombies dont attack admins

player_zombieAttack = {};   // zombies dont attack admins

}

else   // This means all the non-admin players...for them then load the zombiecheck and zombieattack functions.

//  Since in my script i take care of the zombie reactivation after the camo is removed you dont need to check for them in the AH

{

};

Now for the script to work you have to 'disable' zombieattack and check for players as well....so it should be something like this for them as well :

else

{

player_zombieCheck = {};    // zombies dont attack players

player_zombieAttack = {};   // zombies dont attack players

}

If you are novice coder, you could easily find these zombie checks (in the AH) and set them to = {}; for players as well....and be done with it.

If you are a medium/advanced coder you could do a little 'trick' to semi-disable the AH zombie checks when camo is on.

In you see in my walkamongstthedead.sqf i have a variable called DZE_hasZombieCamo that gets true or false depending if you have camo on/off....I left that variable there for this exact purpose....to 'know' when a player has camo on him or not....the problem is that this variable is not going to be read by the AH (the safezone script since its in the client files, it can read the value just fine)....so if you want to do the semi-disable trick you have to 'tell' the AH somehow that the player has camo on him so dont do zombie check on him.

And this is how you can do it.....right where i have my variable there (the DZE_hasZombieCamo) under it put:

player setVariable ["WATD",1,true];

and in the shield off function put

player setVariable ["WATD",0,true];

This way the AH (using a getVariable) will know if the player has camo on him or not. If he has...then WATD will be 1, if he doesnt then he'll have 0.

Now in the AH.sqf right above the zombie check/attack variables put this:

_walkmongst = player getVariable['WATD',0];
if (_walkmongst != 1) then {
}else{
            player_zombieCheck = {};
};

See what i did there ?

By default _walkmongst is gonna be 0. IF its 1 though then dont do zombie check/attack....so the player can use the script.

And by doing this the zombie check/attack will work even if the player never used camo....not just the ones that used it and when the camo shield wore off...the variable WATD got 0.

You could do the same thing for the safezone script as well....although since that one is running on the client, the DZE_hasZombieCamo can be 'read' and you dont need to do setvariable getvariable....you could just 'ask' about that global variable if its true or false and run the check/attack or not.

Hope everything is more clear now :)

EDIT:

Now that i see you function you tried to comment out....i got an idea...Do my setvariable thingy but do this if/else instead:

_walkmongst = player getVariable['WATD',0];

if (_noSafeZone) then
                {
                     if (isNil 'player_zombieCheck') && (_walkmongst != 1)  then
                    {
                    if (isNil 'player_zombieAttack') && (_walkmongst != 1) then
                    {

This is awesome, having some trouble with it though, I've loaded it in and now I get "Cannot load mission", that's it, the RPT doesn't give me anything else, really confusing, anyone else had this or know what part of this mod might cause it?

Edit: I should mention that the server still loads ok, I get in and the mod seems to work alright.

This is awesome, having some trouble with it though, I've loaded it in and now I get "Cannot load mission", that's it, the RPT doesn't give me anything else, really confusing, anyone else had this or know what part of this mod might cause it?

Edit: I should mention that the server still loads ok, I get in and the mod seems to work alright.

I think you might have forgotten to either open or close a bracket     {    }    somewhere during your copy pastes.

Its a common mistaken to make. I did it once in my init.sqf and all hell broke lose.

Check your copy/pastes. Use an editor (like Notepad++ with arma2 plugin for readability) to help you,

I"m having a strange issue since the 125548 patch.  Zombies aggro players but don't attack them instead of ignoring them altogether.  They crowd around which is annoying.  Any thoughts?

i havent updated our server to the latest patch but this behavior happens when the zombies get aggro on the player (ex when he shoots) and the shield reactivates when the zombies still have him on a line of sight.

Nothing i can do about that...its just Arma engine.

For example you are on a hill, and shoot...zombies see you...but by the time they get there the shield reactivated.

Is that the case ? Or what you are describing happens 100% of the time.