[Release] Walk Amongst The Dead - (Hide from zombies like "The Walking Dead")

Sandbird

I think you might have forgotten to either open or close a bracket     {    }    somewhere during your copy pastes.

Its a common mistaken to make. I did it once in my init.sqf and all hell broke lose.

Check your copy/pastes. Use an editor (like Notepad++ with arma2 plugin for readability) to help you,

Ahh yeah probably, I'll go through it again, thanks.

I'm also getting the same issue as flakvest where they still scream and run straight at you but I just thought it was how it was meant to be, they don't attack but they just stand next to you making the noises as if they're attacking and follow you around.

i havent updated our server to the latest patch but this behavior happens when the zombies get aggro on the player (ex when he shoots) and the shield reactivates when the zombies still have him on a line of sight.

Nothing i can do about that...its just Arma engine.

For example you are on a hill, and shoot...zombies see you...but by the time they get there the shield reactivated.

Is that the case ? Or what you are describing happens 100% of the time.

Hey mate. Happens 100% of the time, I know Infistar have a No Zed Aggro feature, perhaps something like that would work?

They're even making the noises like they're attacking me but aren't doing the actions.

That happens sometimes when the zombies were chasing you and you managed to escape them and the camo got reactivated...Nothing can be done about that....remove camo and reapply to 'clean' those 'smart' zombies...or just kill them...the next bunch wont chase you.

I tested running away and cleaning the camo off reapplying new camo, but the zombies still seem to follow.  While they wont attack, the player is staying still they will huddle up around the player and stop moving.

This applies to all zombies on the server.  I can run into a town with camo on and the zombies will be attracted to me, but not attack

In my infistar file i just changed the

"player_zombieCheck =" and "player_zombieAttack ="                  to = {}; because a player was kicked by infistar and it read both of those.

I believe it was doing this before i changed them to = {}; as well.

sounds very similar to what above post said.  Zombies are attracted to you and make sounds like they are attacking you, but they dont attack they just gather around.

another problem im facing is   Infistar says zombiecheck changed zombieattack changed and then the user is reporting a white screen forcing them to reconnect/  this only happens sometimes when applying the guts.

the last time a player tried it it only said the zombiecheck was changed....  i checked the rpt and it says

10:12:21 "infiSTAR.de Log: PLAYERNAME (76561198085292923) | zombieAttack changed"
10:12:21 "get: STRING (76561198085292923), sent: STRING (76561198085292923)"

Not sure why users are getting a white screen here.  It seems to only do it at times.

So the current issues im trying to resolve with this script:

1)  Zombies group/horde around player when in camo and still make sounds like they are attacking player, but no damage taken.

2) zombiecheck zombiechange white screen of death

I've answered this like 100 times already. Infistars ah is checking fir zombie actions on the player. You have to overwrite the zombie check and zombie attack with = { }; to allow it.

In earlier ah versions this was a manual job. But I heard he included a WATD bypasser in his latests anntihack. Ao try to update your ah and see

/*  Use zombie check?     */ _UZC = false; /* true or false */ /* recommended:  true */ /* "Walk Amongst The Dead" needs this set to false */

That's what I have it set to and they still run at you and stand next to you screaming all the time.

• 2 weeks later...

I've answered this like 100 times already. Infistars ah is checking fir zombie actions on the player. You have to overwrite the zombie check and zombie attack with = { }; to allow it.

In earlier ah versions this was a manual job. But I heard he included a WATD bypasser in his latests anntihack. Ao try to update your ah and see

I have a problem, which I guess is along this line.

Admins get attacked by zeds. Players do not. I've no Idea on how to fix this.

I have a problem, which I guess is along this line.

Admins get attacked by zeds. Players do not. I've no Idea on how to fix this.

You put the  { } brackets in the wrong section.

You probably have something like .....

if admins

player_zombie_check = "player/blah/.sqf"

player_zombie_attack = "player/blah/.sqf"

else

player_zombie_check = {}

player_zombie_attack = {}

when it should be the opposite....OR also the admins should have  {};   brackets in the end.

I dont know what AH you are using, or if this check is done in another script....but basically your 2 main values  player_zombie_check, player_zombie_attack are getting set for admins and not for players.

The WATD script should by itself activate/deactivate the zombie check values....all you have to do (somewhere in your AH, in your dayz_server files) is set the checks to = {};  if your players are getting kicked for using the camo.

I dont understand completely whats the problem in your case.

- Players never get attacked ? With or without the camo ?

- When you activate the camo, player dont get attacked but the admins do ?

- or something else ?

please describe.

You put the  { } brackets in the wrong section.

You probably have something like .....

if admins

player_zombie_check = "player/blah/.sqf"

player_zombie_attack = "player/blah/.sqf"

else

player_zombie_check = {}

player_zombie_attack = {}

when it should be the opposite....OR also the admins should have  {};   brackets in the end.

I dont know what AH you are using, or if this check is done in another script....but basically your 2 main values  player_zombie_check, player_zombie_attack are getting set for admins and not for players.

The WATD script should by itself activate/deactivate the zombie check values....all you have to do (somewhere in your AH, in your dayz_server files) is set the checks to = {};  if your players are getting kicked for using the camo.

I dont understand completely whats the problem in your case.

- Players never get attacked ? With or without the camo ?

- When you activate the camo, player dont get attacked but the admins do ?

- or something else ?

please describe.

I added your script a little while ago and i couldn't get it to work and then removed it, but after players started joining they said that zombies were not attacking them but they was attacking admins perfectly fine.

I currently use infiStar by the way.

I also just changed this value: 

/*  Use zombie check?     */ _UZC = false; /* true or false */ /* recommended:  true */ /* "Walk Amongst The Dead" needs this set to false */

to true and its banning everyone so the server is down currently.

Here is the data i can find about the zombie check.

_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf';
			_zombieCheck = player_zombieCheck;
			player_zombieAttack = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieAttack.sqf';
			player_zombieAttack = _zombieAttack;

thats located in my AH.sqf and also this:

if (isNil 'player_zombieAttack') then
						{
							[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
							"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,toArray ('zombieAttack broken'),toArray ('BANNED')];
							publicVariableServer '"+_randvar10+"';
						}
						else
						{
							if (str player_zombieAttack != str _zombieAttack) then
							{
								uiSleep 2;
								if (str player_zombieAttack != str _zombieAttack) then
								{
									[] spawn "+_randvar2+";
									"+_randvar10+" = [_name,_puid,'zombieAttack changed','',''];
									publicVariableServer '"+_randvar10+"';
								};
							};
						};
					};
				};

Not sure if any of this is useful, but its there if you need it.

I added your script a little while ago and i couldn't get it to work and then removed it, but after players started joining they said that zombies were not attacking them but they was attacking admins perfectly fine.

I currently use infiStar by the way.

So basically you want to remove WATD right ?

This looks iffy:

_zombieCheck = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers '\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\player_zombieCheck.sqf';

i think it should be:

player_zombieCheck = _zombieCheck;

cause you cant set the value to something and then just overwrite it again with something else...doesnt make sense.

So basically you want to remove WATD right ?

This looks iffy:

i think it should be:

player_zombieCheck = _zombieCheck;

cause you cant set the value to something and then just overwrite it again with something else...doesnt make sense.

Okay, ive made that change.

I'll report back once ive restarted and checked it.

• 2 weeks later...

So I have this installed on two servers.  Runs great on one, and the other (installed the same way) the zombies will still chase and detect players, but won't attack them.  So players have a trail of zombies chasing them.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Any info ? epoch version ? ah installed ? tried temp disabling it?

Any info ? epoch version ? ah installed ? tried temp disabling it?

Running Epoch Overpoch 1.0.5.1 on both servers with latest version of AH.  

The server that has the zombies chasing people has Plot for life, Single Currency, Snap Build Pro

The server that it works fine on is heavily modded without Plot for life or Single Currency.

Running Epoch Overpoch 1.0.5.1 on both servers with latest version of AH.  

Are you sure you didnt miss a ; somewhere with the edits ?

From the looks of it, player_zombieCheck is working fine since zombies chase the players. player_zombieAttack is not getting initialized with my code for them to attack as well.

Either the AH is blocking it (if you use a version without the WATD trigger...i've posted a fix like 5 times already), or you are missing something with the copy/pastes...

Try without the AH for a quick test to see if its working....so you can dismiss its that...then painfully check your edits. If you have Ultracompare maybe you can check the files from the both servers and see any differences.

The WATD edits dont happen to a lot of files so you could compare the files easily. Maybe its a simple comma (;) missing or something

Are you sure you didnt miss a ; somewhere with the edits ?

From the looks of it, player_zombieCheck is working fine since zombies chase the players. player_zombieAttack is not getting initialized with my code for them to attack as well.

Either the AH is blocking it (if you use a version without the WATD trigger...i've posted a fix like 5 times already), or you are missing something with the copy/pastes...

Try without the AH for a quick test to see if its working....so you can dismiss its that...then painfully check your edits. If you have Ultracompare maybe you can check the files from the both servers and see any differences.

The WATD edits dont happen to a lot of files so you could compare the files easily. Maybe its a simple comma ( ;) missing or something

Yep just checked.  It's not that the script is not fuctioning, it's only that the zombies will still chase players, but once they get close to the player, they ignore them as the script intended.  I checked your script file to see if it's calling on any other .sqf that I may be using in a custom folder and it's not.  Like I said, one server has Single Currency and Plot for Life, the other does not.  Maybe there is something there that is conflicting?  I can't imagine what it would be.  Anyways, thanks for the response!

Yep just checked.  It's not that the script is not fuctioning, it's only that the zombies will still chase players, but once they get close to the player, they ignore them as the script intended.  I checked your script file to see if it's calling on any other .sqf that I may be using in a custom folder and it's not.  Like I said, one server has Single Currency and Plot for Life, the other does not.  Maybe there is something there that is conflicting?  I can't imagine what it would be.  Anyways, thanks for the response!

hmm no idea if the single currency or the plot for life would conflict with the script...highly doubt it. I cant think of any reason why those scripts would be messing around with zombies.

This bug with the zombies following happens (normally) only if you are far away from the zombies, you shoot, they see you...but cant reach you fast enough, and after 10 seconds the camo gets activated again...Then the zombies just follow you (since there is no way to reset that....or maybe there is i dont know), but wont attack you. (player_zombieAttack)

If you have this bug by default....that means player_zombieCheck does not get = { };   when you apply camo, so they will 'check' you out whether you have camo on or off. This can mean 3 things :

- AH is not allowing player_zombieCheck = {}; when you apply the camo.

- Something went wrong with the copy pastes and the zombieshield_on function is not running properly.

- epoch 1.0.5.1 is incompatible with WATD. (but since the script is working with your other server, i doubt its that).

• 4 weeks later...
class CfgSounds
{
    sounds[] ={z_wzombie1,z_wzombie2};
    class z_wzombie1 {
        name = "";
        sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_attack_04.ogg",0.3,1,40};
        titles[] = {0, ""};
    };

class z_wzombie2 : z_wzombie1 {
        sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
    };
};

Hey does it need to be "sounds[]" or will "sound[]" suffice? I'm getting a conflict with this mod where it keeps telling that sounds is already defined.

Nevermind worked it out, was actually pretty simple too, it already had sounds [] defined earlier up that I hadn't noticed, just merged them together.

class CfgSounds
{
    class z_wzombie1 {
        name = "";
        sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_attack_04.ogg",0.3,1,40};
        titles[] = {0, ""};
    };

sound[] = {"custom\walkamongstthedead\dayz_sfx\femalezombie_spotted_01.ogg",0.3,1,40};
    };
};

Hey does it need to be "sounds[]" or will "sound[]" suffice? I'm getting a conflict with this mod where it keeps telling that sounds is already defined.

See what i am doing in sounds

Populate the array with the sounds that i add below:

and i add the sounds bellow:

class z_wzombie1 {
        name = "";
        titles[] = {0, ""};
    };

};

Find your

class CfgSounds
{

}

and inside it do the same....add the extra sounds in the array and then add the sounds bellow. (under your sounds inside the }   ending bracket)

• 3 weeks later...