Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

It should not matter how much stuff is in your in box those two locations should work fine.  THe example I posted is from a default init whihc i did test one , then I tested on my real init whihc has a ton more crap between the two endLoadingScreen commands.

Pretty sure this is a Steam issue.  If I log out and close OA but leave the server up, I cannot reload OA as Steam thinks it is already running because of the server.

And I am pretty sure that this is not a Steam issue. As you should have read earlier in the thread, this problem exists on at least OA versions 103718, 112555 and 125548. Two of the three of those are not the Steam version. Your problem sounds like you are running the server and the client on the same machine (please correct me if I am wrong). I am able to run both a server and a client from the same CD key/steam account by having them on two different machines, one obviously being a server. If I have Steam logged in on the server and launch the DayZ server, it does show up as running in Steam. This would prevent me from logging in on anther machine to play as a client or trying to launch the game client on the server. 

However, I do not have to be logged in to or have Steam running in order to launch the DayZ server. It thus does not show up when I am logged into Steam on my desktop and I am able to play freely. It really does seem that your problem is running both from the same machine.

Hey Piggd!

EXCELLENT work! :D

Quick question on something I'm not sure of...

If there's loads of stuff after this line:

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

Should I add the endloadingscreen bit AFTER all of it, or immediately after the BIS_Effects?

For example, is this okay?:

execVM "Namalsk\blowouts\blowout_init.sqf";
execVM "customshit\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";
execVM "namshit\Namalsk\spawn_aii.sqf";
// Adding the watermark here
if (!isNil "server_name") then {
[] spawn {
waitUntil {(!isNull Player) and (alive Player) and (player == player)};
waituntil {!(isNull (findDisplay 46))};
5 cutRsc ["wm_disp","PLAIN"];
((uiNamespace getVariable "wm_disp") displayCtrl 1) ctrlSetText server_name;
};
};
endLoadingScreen; // Work around for 2nd Log in hang

Thanks in advance piggd! :)

Work Around: 

If you add the two endLoadingScreen; statements in your init.sqf it seems to work aorund the problem.  In no way is this a fix to the real issue.  So far in development I have not seen any issues.  I be rolling this to my prod servers tonight.

if (!isDedicated) then {
    //Conduct map operations
    0 fadeSound 0;
    waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
    dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor
    _id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];
    _playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";    

//anti Hack
    [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

//Lights
    //[false,12] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

//Start Dynamic Weather
execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

if (isServer) then {
	call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_15.namalsk\dynamic_vehicle.sqf";				
	_nil = [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\missions\DayZ_Epoch_15.namalsk\mission.sqf";

_serverMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\server_monitor.sqf";
};

if (!isDedicated) then {
	0 fadeSound 0;
	waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};
	dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");
	_nil = [] execVM "custom\remote_messages.sqf";
	[] execVM "service_point\service_point.sqf";

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death; _nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";}];
	_playerMonitor = 	[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";	
	_nul = [] execVM "playerspawn.sqf";
	[] execVM "safezone.sqf";
};

I say I'd do some testing by re adding all the scripts I wanted to add, I added them all and now the server is live and I have no issues at all.

Sorry I couldn't find anything guys. Only thing I noticed was I had my custom compiles and standard compiles being called until I added them all to custom.

Hope the workaround fixes it for you guys.

I am having a similar issue to this, I get stuck at Waiting for server to start authentication, but I can hear radio calls (eg. Private, Arma 2 command calls) from other players who are also stuck at this stage.
It was working fine before, but now I have this strange error which I cannot figure out a resolve.

14:49:52 Error in expression < compile format ["%1",_data];
_status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
14:49:52   Error position: <_result select 0;

if (_status == "Objec>
14:49:52   Error Undefined variable in expression: _result
14:49:52 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 280
14:49:52 Error in expression <status = _result select 0;

if (_status == "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
14:49:52   Error position: <== "ObjectStreamStart") then {
_val = _r>
14:49:52   Error Generic error in expression
14:49:52 File z\addons\dayz_server\system\server_monitor.sqf, line 282

Running Epoch 1.0.5.1 with Overwatch, on 1.63.125548, had no problems with it until now.

Did this bug just come out of nowhere? I haven't changed any code in weeks and suddenly players complaint about a black screen while being able to see their HUD and use the chat. How could this suddenly happen without updating or changing anything?

Did this bug just come out of nowhere? I haven't changed any code in weeks and suddenly players complaint about a black screen while being able to see their HUD and use the chat. How could this suddenly happen without updating or changing anything?

did you update to 1.0.5.1, did you update your arma2oa version recently?

We started seeing this problem after upgrading to 1.0.5.1 (103718) but very inconsistent.  None of my usual users reported this.  We shortly switched to overpoch with very little change in the bug reports.  Then we moved to the latest 112555 and then the complaints started rolling in.

I don't think this is an issue with errors at all, even when I didn't fix the errors from 112555, they only got the errors (for instance from the fn_selfActions.sqf having uninitialized variables) after they go into the game successfully.

did you update to 1.0.5.1, did you update your arma2oa version recently?

We started seeing this problem after upgrading to 1.0.5.1 (103718) but very inconsistent.  None of my usual users reported this.  We shortly switched to overpoch with very little change in the bug reports.  Then we moved to the latest 112555 and then the complaints started rolling in.

I don't think this is an issue with errors at all, even when I didn't fix the errors from 112555, they only got the errors (for instance from the fn_selfActions.sqf having uninitialized variables) after they go into the game successfully.

No I don't host Epoch I just have a regular DayZ server but I came to this forums because it's a lot more active then OpenDayz now a days. I don't think it's related to errors as well. Like I said I haven't changed anything in weeks and this started appearing about 3-4 days ago. It's not that bad, I get like 1-4 complaints per restart. But it's still weird.

Battleye related perhaps?

could be battleye dicking around...

No I don't host Epoch I just have a regular DayZ server but I came to this forums because it's a lot more active then OpenDayz now a days. I don't think it's related to errors as well. Like I said I haven't changed anything in weeks and this started appearing about 3-4 days ago. It's not that bad, I get like 1-4 complaints per restart. But it's still weird.

what version are you running of arma2 on your server?

Got hit a lot by this yesterday on a new build (125548 + 1.0.5.1). 

Loosing server connection doesn't seem to help (shutting the server down whilst the client is still logged in). 

I have also seen a number of issues popping up after logging in and out (or loosing connections) a number of times.  I would start getting missing variable errors here and there.  Restarting the client resulted in these errors dissapearing.

Have also seen issues with suddenly not being able to open my gear gui (comes up and instantly closes - no antihack running) which a restart of the client fixes.  Getting the option to 'remove patient fromt he vehicle' from every vehicle even if I am the only player in the vehicle, someone dragging my character resulting in my character not being able to get up even after logging out and in again.  For the last one I had to edit the character record in the DB to resolve and lost everything in my characters inventory.  Most of the time I do not see any of these issues and then they will start to manifest over a number of hours and logins and lost connections to servers.  All logins are to my own server on my lan.  AFAIK it could be some bad memory in teh client or server but no other issues in any other software have shown themselves as of yet.

I am starting to suspect the client is a little flakey with disconnects.

Does anyone know the login chain.

i.e.

Client calls sends login request to server 

Server takes SteamID and verifies with Battleeye

Client run XXX script.

Has anyone tried running the server without Battleeye enabled and has the same issue occured.  May help eliminate battleeye. 

requiredSecureId = 2; option was turned on in 1.0.5 (??).  Has anyone tried turning this off (ype I know, spoofing is possible with the old UIDs) ?.

Just trying to think of other changes that may be indirectly causing this.  The randomness of the occurances just seem to be more likely an external influence (Battleeye, Steam, network congestion broaching and assumed response time in scripts etc).

One other thing I have noticed is that my tag friendly tags do not seem to be sticking at all.  This could be due to an issue with my Plot for Life mod but it was not an issue before SteamIDs and nothing has really changed with the inclusion of SteamIDs for that part of the code.

Loosing server connection doesn't seem to help (shutting the server down whilst the client is still logged in). 

I have also seen a number of issues popping up after logging in and out (or loosing connections) a number of times.  I would start getting missing variable errors here and there.  Restarting the client resulted in these errors dissapearing.

Have also seen issues with suddenly not being able to open my gear gui (comes up and instantly closes - no antihack running) which a restart of the client fixes.  Getting the option to 'remove patient fromt he vehicle' from every vehicle even if I am the only player in the vehicle, someone dragging my character resulting in my character not being able to get up even after logging out and in again.  For the last one I had to edit the character record in the DB to resolve and lost everything in my characters inventory.  Most of the time I do not see any of these issues and then they will start to manifest over a number of hours and logins and lost connections to servers.  All logins are to my own server on my lan.  AFAIK it could be some bad memory in teh client or server but no other issues in any other software have shown themselves as of yet.

i.e.

Client run XXX script.

Has anyone tried running the server without Battleeye enabled and has the same issue occured.  May help eliminate battleeye. 

requiredSecureId = 2; option was turned on in 1.0.5 (??).  Has anyone tried turning this off (ype I know, spoofing is possible with the old UIDs) ?.

Just trying to think of other changes that may be indirectly causing this.  The randomness of the occurances just seem to be more likely an external influence (Battleeye, Steam, network congestion broaching and assumed response time in scripts etc).

One other thing I have noticed is that my tag friendly tags do not seem to be sticking at all.  This could be due to an issue with my Plot for Life mod but it was not an issue before SteamIDs and nothing has really changed with the inclusion of SteamIDs for that part of the code.

requiredSecureId = 2;

Now that you mention it, I hadn't had this set till this latest patch.  Might be something related to that, when my player gets back in town I'll turn this off in dev and have him give it a go.

i.e.

Client run XXX script.

I have the same problems with Battleeye off and requiredSecureid =0.

I'm sorry to say my only solution was to downgrade back to 1.0.4.2

I have tried every suggestion and instruction on the forum, plus a couple of my own without success.

I have the same problems with Battleeye off and requiredSecureid =0.

I'm sorry to say my only solution was to downgrade back to 1.0.4.2

I have tried every suggestion and instruction on the forum, plus a couple of my own without success.

does this mean you are running 103718?  Were you running it when you had 1.0.5.1?