Clients Can Hear Sound & Move But Stuck On Loading?

Stoney

We are running on Chernarus Overpoch and are having the same issue. For us, it gets to the loading screen, you are able to hear your guy running around but it never ends. The fix listed above by Piggd and other edits are not working. We finally figured out that it was the mission, and no edits have been able to fix it. We found that simply deleting the mission and having the client redownload it fixed it for us, though. This issue has hit a few players including myself and nothing we did with edits to files worked. I made a batch file that has worked for all our affected players. It simply opens a console window, navigates to the missioncache and deletes what's in there. If any one has this issue and other options fail:

open notepad

insert this code:

c:
cd\
cd users
cd {username}
cd appdata
cd local
cd Arma 2 OA
cd MPMissionsCache
del *.* /Q

In windows you should be able to just change your username in the above code but to be sure, navigate to your MPMissionCache folder and verify the folder changes are correct. Click 'Save As', name it delete.bat and make sure to change the check box from Text File to All Files. Save it to your desktop. If you run into the issue in game, exit the game, double click the bat file you created and rejoin. We have found that when this hits a person once, it happens multiple times but for most our players they have no issues at all. So far, this is the only thing we've found that works, (no errors in client or server rpts). 

• 2 months later...

Hey folks,

I am "repairing" my Epoch Server and so I also stumbled over this Relogissue.

All the here posted Fixes didnt do any good for me but every time I reloged i had the feeling that I see the world for a blink of an eye.

While trying the earlier posted fix i saw a line just beneath it which made me wonder what it does:

while { _timeOut < 12000 } do {
            if (dayz_clientPreload && dayz_authed) exitWith {
                endLoadingScreen;
                diag_log "PLOGIN: Login loop completed!";
            };
            if (!isNil "_display") then {
                if ( isNull _display ) then {
                        waitUntil { !dialog; };
                        // startLoadingScreen ["","RscDisplayLoadCustom"];
                        _display = uiNameSpace getVariable "BIS_loadingScreen";
                        _control1 = _display displayctrl 8400;
                        _control2 = _display displayctrl 102;
                };

I guess if (!isNil "_display") then  is supposed to be executed if the ingameworld isnt showing up properly, which made me curious was the part with startLoadingScreen, i commented it out and HURAY, now i can relog as often as I want <3

Maybe this will help someone :)

Now i have to find a solution for clothes dont get saved (after a relog Players wear standardclothes again) :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Work Around: 

If you add the two endLoadingScreen; statements in your init.sqf it seems to work aorund the problem.  In no way is this a fix to the real issue.  So far in development I have not seen any issues.  I be rolling this to my prod servers tonight.

endLoadingScreen; // Work around for 2nd Log in hang

if (!isDedicated) then {

//Conduct map operations

0 fadeSound 0;

waitUntil {!isNil "dayz_loadScreenMsg"};

dayz_loadScreenMsg = (localize "STR_AUTHENTICATING");

//Run the player monitor

_id = player addEventHandler ["Respawn", {_id = [] spawn player_death;}];

_playerMonitor =     [] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\player_monitor.sqf";    

//anti Hack

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

//Lights

//[false,12] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";

};

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\REsec.sqf"

//Start Dynamic Weather

execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\external\DynamicWeatherEffects.sqf";

#include "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\BIS_Effects\init.sqf"

endLoadingScreen; // Work around for 2nd Log in hang

i did this and it got rid of the loading screen problem on my new server but now my problem is my character is never saved I keep respawning fresh any thoughts?