Who do I have to beg?

TheVampire

Who do I have to beg to get an acoustic guitar and a basic animation in-game for Arma 3: Epoch?

I would love to be able to code in little coves of NPC's sitting around a fire listening to some post apocalyptic guitar songs.

WillieNelson_Trigger.jpg

Here's a taste of what I mean. (He Was a Good Stalker + Rainymood)

http://www.rainymood.com/watch?v=V_-fba2hBG4

Taking it even a step farther, imagine finding this instrument and being able to sit down with your fellow survivors and play them a tune. Could even make it so that you can only unlock new songs by experiencing certain events, such as coming face to face with certain antagonists in the game.

What i really would like to see in Epoch (Or Dayz: SA) is a musical system simmilar to what Starbound has. It allows to insert your own music sheets into the game so you can play any music you want without making everyone download each others songs. I always was a fan of serious RP, so i always wanted for Dayz/Epoch to have more social elements and possibilities. As far as i see Dayz:SA is going in the right direction with the gestures but how far it will go is what matters the most...

Here's a show to my dedication. :lol:

I managed to get the Arma 2 Guitar addon to work on Arma 3, and took all day putting together this to help my plea. I also retextured the guitar a bit.

All addon credit goes to USSR Sniper of course.

Imagine walking through the threatening world to come across this.

The song list is "He was a Good Stalker" followed by an Unnamed guitar track from Metro 2033.

10 points for the person who recognizes the line written on the Guitar. ;)

I managed to get the Arma 2 Guitar addon to work on Arma 3, and took all day putting together this to help my plea. I also retextured the guitar a bit.

The song list is "He was a Good Stalker" followed by an Unnamed guitar track from Metro 2033.

Looks good so far, but you wont get anything as atmospheric as stalker in Arma :p

Looks good so far, but you wont get anything as atmospheric as stalker in Arma :P

I'll fight you for that ;)

I think it could be done (if you exclude noobs yelling over sidechat)

Depends largely on the Ambient Music (Vanilla DayZ Ambience sucks)

The locations you come across

The music you hear

And of course, how these effect you in game.

The Crow! Moody, dark atmosphere cranked to 11.

I would prefer this:

bagpipes-28h0eef.jpg

So you can bury your fallen friends honorably ;)

A lot of work for the bagpipe players :P  

And there is nothing more scary then men running down the hill at you, lead by a man wrestling with a screaming octopus under one arm.

• 5 months later...

That's an awesome idea Vamp, I'll push the idea forward, Sequisha and I are guitar players ourselves, so it could be a nice addition.

Watching the video you posted (good work btw), it does a lot of atmosphere that's missing in these type of games.

Can't promise anything but I personally think it's a good idea. ;)

.... Really.... "I personally think it's a good idea." NO JUST NO! Its not a good Idea at all.... Its a bloody AMAZING idea and SHOULD be done! :P

I vote yay, stuff like this is needed to really distance this mod from the others. Give it some serious depth. And maybe make a very slow regent while your sitting listening to the music. Remove pain/shakes or w/e :).

Either way I'd love to see this and shouldn't be very hard and should be quite fun to implement.

Shit.

Nevermind the guns n shit.  Lets all jam by a fireplace.

Rockpoch!!

I personally don't think this should trump bigger issues but you can ask.

I as well play guitar but if it is just something in the mod with no real purpose I question why it would be there to begin with.

This would be one of those.. "Done it, not gonna do it again" things I would suspect.

It would have to have some reason to do it again or repeat the process otherwise it'll fall into that category really quickly.