Sarge AI vs. DayZAI - Best for server performance?

Hey folks,

Just wondered if anyone was tried both Sarge's AI and DayZAI (I'm considering the non-light version), and knows if they saw any performance increase with moving from one of these to the other?

I'm thinking about switching from Sarge's to DayZAI myself, but wondered if anyone has done that, and if they saw any improvement?

DZAI lite - Added it a few days ago, no ai helis, with a full server at 52 for 2 hours it is fine, after that it causes game breaking desync.

Maybe if it changed so it only triggers in 1 area it would be ok, but straight out of the tin it causes problems on populated servers.

DZAI lite - Added it a few days ago, no ai helis, with a full server at 52 for 2 hours it is fine, after that it causes game breaking desync.

Maybe if it changed so it only triggers in 1 area it would be ok, but straight out of the tin it causes problems on populated servers.

To add to this....the full version has a large number of static spawns defined in basically every town on the map. Might want to comment those out since it's often a non-stop spawn of AI in bigger towns like Cherno/Elektro. 

Tried both, I really liked how Sarge AI worked but it created alot of strain server side, I setup the dayzAI without the heli patrol and seems to be working well, also it gives the players more of a challenge, with Sarge I could run straight upto an AI bash him over the head and take his M16.

to sum it up both Mods are pretty good in there own way, you should go on other servers see which one you prefer.

Cheers :)

I've run Sarges for a long time, and am considering the switch due to server resources, so your post is helpful :) Thanks!

Tried both, I really liked how Sarge AI worked but it created alot of strain server side, I setup the dayzAI without the heli patrol and seems to be working well, also it gives the players more of a challenge, with Sarge I could run straight upto an AI bash him over the head and take his M16.

to sum it up both Mods are pretty good in there own way, you should go on other servers see which one you prefer.

hi all, so for me Sarge is directly fonctionnal and very simple to add patrol ai etc and all custom scripting use Sarge so if you want a script simple to use sarge is good but with DayzAI we can personalize all we want in the editor so it was must powerfull than Sarge but you must do it yourslef...

• 4 months later...

I have Sarge bandits with Mil/Survivor AI turned off, and heli patrols from DZAI patrolling the skies. On Sahrani I couldn't get the Sarge heli patrols to ever spawn so had to resort to DZAI helis instead. Both mods sort of conflict, so I had to disable the military and survivor AI because they lost restrictions on engaging players based on their humanity. They just shot at everyone.

On Sahrani I couldn't get the Sarge heli patrols to ever spawn so had to resort to DZAI helis instead.

I have no problem with Ai choppers on Sahrani... however if they try to go over some of the larger mountains they will more than likely crash

I have Sarge AI running on SMD Sahrani, bumped up the AI numbers alot, have AI choppers and AI missions and notice no strain on the server at all... but then it has very few players but the server and isp are not that good so.....

+1 SARGE