Stairs don't upgrade?

cayote

Question

17 answers to this question

i am one of cayote's admins on his server and just wanted to add that when you try to upgrade the staircase to add railings the staircase with railings will flash for a split second then the staircase will disappear. if anyone might know why this is it'd be very much appreciated.

Just tested this again tonight and same deal. 1st upgrade added the supports. 2nd upgrade, the image of the railings flashed for a second then the whole stairway disappeared. RPT log shows;

23:16:09 "DELETE: B 1-2-H:1 (Kroenen) REMOTE Deleted by ID: 1321"
23:16:09 "PUBLISH: B 1-2-H:1 (Kroenen) REMOTE upgraded WoodStairs_DZ with ID "29251542190271""
23:17:16 "DELETE: B 1-2-H:1 (Kroenen) REMOTE Deleted by UID: 29251542190271"
23:17:16 "Invalid object swap by playerUID:"xxxxxxxxx""

If you don't have any add on antihack then the only thing I can imagine is that one of your add ons is deleting them. Hard to say for sure. Best trouble shooting technique is to start your server at vanilla and add one at a time until you see it happen again. It's a tough way to do it but without something showing in the log, it's the only real way to troubleshoot.

Thanks for the info. vbawol.   How would I do that and shouldn't it have been OK since the 1.0.4.2 update?  I didn't change or delete anything in there.

If you have a custom variables.sqf then you need to update that. If your running 100% vanilla it should not happen.

If you have a custom variables.sqf then you need to update that. If your running 100% vanilla it should not happen.

Thanks...added to variables and works fine.  Far as I know my variables.sqf is not custom...this is the first time I think I've even looked at it so I don't know why it would be different.  (Unless the Server Host did something to it.)

Thanks again.