15:24:35 "[DZMS]: Major Mission Clock Starting!"
15:24:35 "[DZMS]: Minor Mission Clock Starting!"
15:24:35 "[DZMS]: Mission Marker Loop for JIPs Starting!"
15:24:58 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM11."
15:25:00 Cannot create non-ai vehicle HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1_DZE,
15:25:00 Cannot create non-ai vehicle HMMWV_M998_crows_MK19_DES_EP1_DZE,

Sugestions?

Thanks

You need to open Major SM11.sqf and change the Humvee classname to something else. The classname is incorrect.

Au contraire Firefly... my question is most relevant. While I appreciate the history lesson you are incorrect if you think I am just sitting back waiting to leach this. My interest is from a developers viewpoint where the division of labor is being squandered. There are some motivated folks here, who if worked together on something like this would get far more done and the product would be far superior. Simple business / development stuff. Why not devote that energy to writing great missions scripts instead of "systems"..

I am not sure I am an "entitled" user as you put it... but hey you don't know me from Adam. So here is a little info..  I script pretty much all my own stuff, have contributed a few things and certainly bring this up from the standpoint that I have a pretty good idea of what I am talking about. Either I am doing things with the event system that nobody else thought of or people just really don't know what it's capable of. Missions are scripts, it makes no difference to the engine what system it reads it from. Perhaps the "missions" developed so far are nothing more than loot crates but that isn't the fault of the system, it's a fault of the scripts, maybe if people spent the time writing missions instead of systems there would be more missions? Food for thought.

I have scripted up several very challenging missions that run on the stock system and I assure you they are more than just loot crates, My launcher adds unlimited random selection of missions. It works fantastic, so again... perhaps folks just don't know. I am not asking for a re-write, it doesn't need one. A couple of addon scripts, which I have already written, and it's flexibilty is endless. So.. again.. why waste effort re-inventing the wheel when we already have one?

I apologize for my comments if you guys would rather do it the hard way... it just makes no sense to me.

The missions system has remained roughly the same code unchanged since Tonic released them originally long ago. TheSzerdi modified them to work with DayZ, and then lazyink modified them to work on Chernarus. The code has remained unchanged since TheSzerdi's version, except for minor changes such as unique AI loadouts, different missions, and such. EMS 0.2 and pretty much every mission system have all used that code as their bases, mainly just changing missions and crate loot. I was the first one so far to completely redo the logic behind the missions with DZMS, and change what people have been using for the last 5 years. Fox has taken DZMS and is adding missions and features that his EMS users request. I however am still working on DZMS over on Opendayz. Essentially what i'm saying is that devolopers were not wasting their time on developing different mission systems, as they all used the same layout and base code, which had remained unchanged until now.

About the Epoch Events system, yes it is just code, and you can do lots of things with it, but to put it on par with DZMS, it would need more than just one SQF file to interest a server owner farther than just simple things like treasure hunts.

Do you want to give them configuration options? That means calling a configuration script once and using global variables, or you have to make the user open every "mission" file to adjust the few configurations at the top.

Do you want to add AI? This means either relying on a pre-existing AI system install and using their calls to spawn AI, which of course means the user has to have that AI installed and like it, which may mean you need to release multiple scripts that vary the call to the 3 different AI systems to make everyone happy, or add a lot of code to every script to detect the AI system as DZMS does and change the calls, or you need to include an AI spawning script with the missions.

I do realise that you could put all that in a single script, and call them all as functions, but if you need to include a custom function script with your missions, its no longer just a simple file anymore? At that point what you have is a mission system with all the scripts combined into a single function script, and a folder full of missions? So if you've gone this far, why don't you go the extra step and make them seperate from the events system so you can run them all from a single script and allow your users to adjust the mission times based on seconds passed instead of making them run in relation to the hour and needing to mess with an array of events in the init.sqf?

What you are describing doing is creating an entirely new mission system within the events system. Is it possible? Yes, but why force yourself into the logic of the Epoch Events system when you will either have to put the same 100 lines into each SQF, or make a functions file that may not be compatible with a future update to the Epoch Events system? That is the path of thinking that I take when thinking of using the Epoch Events for anything past spawning in objects and items with the event system.

Vampire, 

I understand you guys are protective of your work, I get that but you pretty much made my point for me about poor labor division as your description clearly states exactly what I said, the code keeps changing hands and here we are... 

No offense meant here but your overly complicated debunk of the event system is well... horsepucky. If that's what you "really" think then I underestimated your abilities and I apologize for that. It's really not hard at all, I have a great mission system running, reliably with great randomness, you never know what event will spawn. They run correctly, clear correctly and shut down correctly. Markers refresh and all have a timeout and various objectives and it didn't take 20 scripts to make it happen. Hell I even worked up a hostage rescue mission that requires you to win the scenario for the loot to spawn, accidentally kill a hostage and the mission fails and you get nothing. A little better than a treasure hunt eh? 

Look I am not trying to steal anyone's limelight, I could give a rats patootie about that, what I am interested in is a better system for ALL to use. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out this one simple fact. If we spent our time scripting great missions rather than continuing to work on multiple systems we would have more missions of higher quality, fact.

Either way I had my say so I am done, if you all want to keep doing things the hard way knock yourselves out. I don't suffer this cause so it makes no difference to me.

Do I only have to do the steps adviced in https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.3 or do I have to add something else? Because I dont get any missions on my server, after playing on it for 1 hour... Have I just been unlucky, or did I miss any install step? If it's helpful, I've got a Vilayer server

Thanks 

Are you getting any errors in your RPT?

Are you getting any errors in your RPT?

Ok I think this should be the RPT on vilayer and I think you understand a bit more of it than me :P So I'll just show you what it says in there...

=====================================================================
== D:\TCAFiles\Users\FinnK\13301\Expansion\beta\ARMA2OASERVER.EXE
== Expansion\beta\ARMA2OASERVER.exe  -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@DayZEpochPanthera_Epoch;@DayZEpochPanthera_Panthera;@DayZEpochServer   -noPause -noSound -name=VilayerDayZEpoch -config=vilayer_active_server_248431\13301_config.cfg -cfg=vilayer_active_server_248431\basic.cfg -profiles=vilayer_active_server_248431 -ip=46.165.248.212 -port=2332 
=====================================================================
Exe timestamp: 2013/03/25 08:27:57
Current time:  2014/02/16 17:03:33

Version 1.62.103419
Item STR_EPOCH_BULK_DESC_MP5SD listed twice
Item STR_ACTIONS_BUILD listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_NAME_41 listed twice
Item STR_EQUIP_DESC_41 listed twice
Updating base class ->VehicleMagazine, by ca\weapons\config.bin/CfgMagazines/14Rnd_FFAR/
Updating base class ->PistolCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/Pistol/
Updating base class ->LauncherCore, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/RocketPods/
Updating base class ->RocketPods, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/FFARLauncher/
Updating base class ->Default, by ca\weapons\config.bin/cfgWeapons/ItemCore/
Updating base class ->Citizen, by ca\characters2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1/
Updating base class ->SkodaBase, by ca\wheeled\config.bin/CfgVehicles/car_sedan/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Fire/
Updating base class ->House, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_A_tent/
Updating base class ->Camp_base, by ca\misc3\config.bin/CfgVehicles/ACamp/
Updating base class ->Car, by ca\wheeled2\lada\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Lada_base/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Small_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street1_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lamp_Street2_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_Lampa_Ind_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_EP1->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_PowLines_Conc2L_EP1/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_2/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseMediumOrange->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_sidl_3/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind/
Updating base class StreetLamp_BaseWeakYellow->StreetLamp, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgNonAIVehicles/Land_lampa_ind_zebr/
Updating base class RscStandardDisplay->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayStart/
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Cannot delete class CA_DebriefingInfo, it is referenced somewhere (used as a base class probably).
Updating base class RscShortcutButton->RscShortcutButtonMain, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscDisplayMain/controls/CA_Exit/
Updating base class RscText->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/RscTitles/Default/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_villager1/
Updating base class zZombie_Base->zZombie_new_Base, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/z_worker1/
Updating base class Soldier_Crew_PMC->Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/SurvivorW2_DZ/
Updating base class HighCommand->Logic, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/HighCommandSubordinate/
Updating base class ->ViewOptics, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Mi17_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class HouseBase->, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class NonStrategic->BuiltItems, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Fort_RazorWire/
Updating base class MeleeHatchet->MeleeWeapon, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgWeapons/MeleeCrowbar/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/29Rnd_30mm_AGS30/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/48Rnd_40mm_MK19/
Updating base class 4000Rnd_762x51_M134->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/2000Rnd_762x51_M134/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/100Rnd_127x99_M2/
Updating base class VehicleMagazine->CA_Magazine, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/50Rnd_127x107_DSHKM/
Updating base class Hatchet_Swing->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/crowbar_swing/
Updating base class CA_Magazine->Melee_Swing, by z\addons\dayz_code\config.bin/CfgMagazines/Hatchet_Swing/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air2\mv22\config.bin/CfgVehicles/MV22/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air2\uh1y\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1_Base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->HouseBase, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/House/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNet_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNet_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Land_CamoNetB_EAST, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_CamoNetB_EAST_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_1L_Noentry, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Sign_1L_Noentry_EP1/
Updating base class ->Sign_circle, by ca\misc_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Helper_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_baf\config.bin/cfgWeapons/BAF_AS50_scoped/
Updating base class ->Rifle, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M60A4_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_EP1/
Updating base class ->M249, by ca\weapons_e\config.bin/cfgWeapons/M249_m145_EP1/
Updating base class ->m107, by ca\weapons_e\m107\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m107_TWS_EP1/
Updating base class ->M240, by ca\weapons_e\m240\config.bin/CfgWeapons/m240_scoped_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->V3S_Base_EP1, by ca\wheeled_e\v3s\config.bin/CfgVehicles/V3S_Refuel_TK_GUE_EP1/
Updating base class House->DZE_OpenHouse, by warehouse\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Land_Ind_Pec_03/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_e\ah6j\config.bin/CfgVehicles/AH6_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->Plane, by ca\air_e\an2\config.bin/CfgVehicles/An2_Base_EP1/
Updating base class ->CH47_base_EP1, by ca\air_e\ch47\config.bin/CfgVehicles/CH_47F_EP1/
Updating base class ViewOptics->, by ca\air_e\uh1h\config.bin/CfgVehicles/UH1H_base/Turrets/MainTurret/ViewOptics/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Crew_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_TL_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_M4_PMC/
Updating base class ->Soldier_Base_PMC, by ca\characters_pmc\config.bin/cfgVehicles/Soldier_Bodyguard_AA12_PMC/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_L_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_L_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_Officer_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_Officer_W/
Updating base class ->BAF_Soldier_SniperH_MTP, by ca\characters_w_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Soldier_SniperH_W/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_UN_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113Ambul_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113Ambul_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->M113_Base, by ca\tracked_e\m113\config.bin/CfgVehicles/M113_TK_EP1/
Updating base class ->Helicopter, by ca\air_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Merlin_HC3_D/

Ok I think this should be the RPT on vilayer and I think you understand a bit more of it than me :P So I'll just show you what it says in there...

Use pastebin.com to share your RPT. That is the right file tho.

Anyone able to tell me what the difference is between the EMS 0.3 and the DZMS 1.0? Which one should I use for the 1.0.4.2 epoch on Cherno? 

Also If its not too much trouble I was wondering when the 1.0 version was planned on being out?

DZMS is made by me, EMS is based off DZMS.

EMS has Epoch specific missions, DZMS doesn't yet.

Couple of fixes I've found just by reading through;

Major SM11 - Only one vehicle has the option save to db. Fixed by adding the bottom line; (same for SM12).

In missions that spawn wrecks, just comment out or remove the whole DZMSSaveVeh section from that mission.

//Call DZMSSaveVeh to attempt to save the vehicles to the database
//If saving is off, the script will exit.
[_vehicle] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;
[_vehicle1] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;

Minor SM12 - 

"A truck has crashed! Kill any survivors and secure the loot!",

No loot crates are being spawned, and the URAL is a wreck, so only AI to kill on this one. This seems common with a lot of the missions.

Major SM8 - 

Doesn't show map markers... maybe due to the case sensitivity of the parameter _missname/_missName

//Name of the Mission
_missName = "C-130 Crash";

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missname] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker;

RPT log;

18:31:46 "[DZMS]: Running Major Mission SM8."
18:31:46 Error in expression <lect 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "NONE"];
_crate = createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords >
18:31:46   Error position: <createVehicle ["USVehicleBox",[(_coords >
18:31:46   Error Type Any, expected Number
18:31:46 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Missions\Major\SM8.sqf, line 18
18:31:46 Error in expression <;
DZMSMajName = _this select 1;

_nul = createMarker ["DZMSMajMarker", DZMSMajCo>
18:31:46   Error position: <createMarker ["DZMSMajMarker", DZMSMajCo>
18:31:46   Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected
18:31:46 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSAddMajMarker.sqf, line 10
18:31:46 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

_unit = _unitGroup createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
18:31:46   Error position: <createUnit [_aiskin, [(_position select >
18:31:46   Error Type Any, expected Number
18:31:46 File z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\Scripts\DZMSAISpawn.sqf, line 32
18:31:46 Error in expression <_fnc_selectRandom;

Minor SM9 - 

Missing the following code to add the map marker;

//DZMSAddMinMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMinMarker;

Major SM10 - 

Also missing the code to add the map marker, but looks like it was 'nearly' added;

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that ad
//Create the vehicles
_vehicle = createVehicle ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",[(_coords select 0) + 25, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

should be;

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker;

//Create the vehicles
_vehicle = createVehicle ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",[(_coords select 0) + 25, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

Minor SM10 - 

Also missing the marker code as follows;

//DZMSAddMinMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMinMarker;