[Official Release] EMS 0.3

Fuchs

@Csus

_aispawn = [_coords,60,4,4,1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\add_unit_server.sqf";

is the line wich deploys at _coords X,Y with a distance-radius of 60 with 4 waypoints for 4 AI the last number gives u 0=bandits 1=soldiers 2=axeman

_wpradius = _this select 1;
    _wpnum = _this select 2;
    _numunits = _this select 3;
    _levelnum = _this select 4;

are just placeholders for your [_coords,60,4,4,1] wich may be altered [_coords,600,40,40,0]  gives u a wicked radius and 40 bandits running into 40 waypoints

I gave out to read the full thread after downloading the EMS, despite the fact that I am not a coder, even I found lots of bugs in you missions, I just looked some things in all the missions a didn't go futher, so here is the report:
Minor Missions:
SM9 missing

//DZMSAddMinMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMinMarker;

SM10 missing

//DZMSFindPos loops BIS_fnc_findSafePos until it gets a valid result
_coords = call DZMSFindPos;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"TEXT HERE", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

Major missions:

SM8 missing

//DZMSFindPos loops BIS_fnc_findSafePos until it gets a valid result
_coords = call DZMSFindPos;

and mixed up these 2 lines if their order has any importance

[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker;
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"A C-130 has crash landed! Secure it's cargo for yourself!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

SM10 you have

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that ad
//Create the vehicles

instead of

//DZMSAddMajMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missname] ExecVM DZMSAddMajMarker;

Also your Maj and Min markers are almost the same except the size: 150 against 175, usually Min missions marked with green marker.

So you here is the reworked EMS: https://github.com/daeks/DayZ-EMSv2 
But it has lots of fixes to install instead of 1 line as your system had.
So I think you should cooperate with those guys and just rework your system and make EMS 0.4

I gave out to read the full thread after downloading the EMS, despite the fact that I am not a coder, even I found lots of bugs in you missions, I just looked some things in all the missions a didn't go futher, so here is the report:

Minor Missions:

SM9 missing

[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMinMarker;

So I think you should cooperate with those guys and just rework your system and make EMS 0.4

//Name of the Mission
_missName = "Bandit Medical Camp";

@ line 9 and 10 , so what u missing ?  in sm9

//Create the vehicles
_vehicle = createVehicle ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",[(_coords select 0) + 25, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

This is also present in sm10 , i think u got a old version

//Name of the Mission
_missName = "Bandit Medical Camp";

@ line 9 and 10 , so what u missing ?  in sm9

//Create the vehicles
_vehicle = createVehicle ["CH_47F_EP1_DZE",[(_coords select 0) + 25, (_coords select 1) - 5,0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
[_vehicle] call DZMSSetupVehicle;

This is also present in sm10 , i think u got a old version

I have version that is posted upon from TheFuchs github account. There is only one EMS 0.3 in there

I have fixed pretty much any problem that came with this script and added it to my server, heres a list of what I did:

• Added Medical boxes for medical supplies
  • Increased loot chances to be somewhat realistic
  • added more building loot for building loot missions
  • fixed markers to be red and green instead of both red
  • fixed grammatical and spelling errors
  • fixed so the missions now spawn using the bis findsafespot (found it to be more dynamic, (no stary/novy bugs yet, only spawning OUTSIDE of the cities at times))
  • fixed spawning issue of the missions
  • fixed so building loot doesnt spawn in weapons boxes
  • missions now use boxes for different purposes
  • customized the missions (to fit my ideals)
  • fixed the amount of ais spawning

This is just a short list of stuff that was done, however. I am willing to share this but I would need the confirmation from the script creator before I do. I don't want to do some stolen valor shit. 

I have fixed pretty much any problem that came with this script and added it to my server, heres a list of what I did:

• Added Medical boxes for medical supplies
  • Increased loot chances to be somewhat realistic
  • added more building loot for building loot missions
  • fixed markers to be red and green instead of both red
  • fixed grammatical and spelling errors
  • fixed so the missions now spawn using the bis findsafespot (found it to be more dynamic, (no stary/novy bugs yet, only spawning OUTSIDE of the cities at times))
  • fixed spawning issue of the missions
  • fixed so building loot doesnt spawn in weapons boxes
  • missions now use boxes for different purposes
  • customized the missions (to fit my ideals)
  • fixed the amount of ais spawning

This is just a short list of stuff that was done, however. I am willing to share this but I would need the confirmation from the script creator before I do. I don't want to do some stolen valor shit. 

Care to share?

If I get permission to do it, yes.

Well if you not gonna share it publicly how about u PM me? Share it with me or with people who need it?

I just bought Epoch server but I'm already tired of reconfiguring my missions cause I can never get them right... Markers not showing, names are messed up, loot is unbalanced, cars don't spawn, bots don't die, markers do not show up, bots don't have guns, cars spawn destroyed.

I tried several mission systems and versions but I still wanna stick with EMS, but getting a loot box with 28 Chainsaws and only 2 guns is just not right.

PS Plus I dont think you need to get permission like you are trying now. Because u can post it on GitHub and Branch your modification to original release. just like 'daeks' did with his modified version of EMS 3.0, which is btw is just as laggy as original release. at the top of his release it says:

'forked from TheFuchs/EMS-0.3 ' and gives a link to original.

I know I don't but it's generally considered good conduct to ask for permission firstly.

I sent a PM to TheFuchs but havn't gotten any response.

The cars being destroyed on spawn are not related to the mission per se though. It's related to the server cleanup most likely. 

Maybe so, but i got tired of cleaning my RPT log, in just one day it grown to 20 some MB by repeating same error messages hundreds of times over. even though I'm trying to fix them as I go.

Plus its not like u riped it off from the developer and try to claim it as yours. All you did was apply fixes, that were posted in original topic and customized it to your liking. And if u post it in the same forum and on the same topic its not like your are stealing something, or modifying it illegally, I really don't see a problem in doing that. Heck your even trying to ask permission to do the guys job for him. 

But never ming all that, its just me mumbling to myself. I really do like your attitude, its very proper and professional way of dealing with things.

Okey, so I forked it like you said. Hopefully this does not get anyone ticked off. This was not created by me so ya'll know. I just reconfigured it abit.

Here ya go, enjoy:

https://github.com/Defent/EMS-0.3

Here for a full change log:

https://github.com/Defent/EMS-0.3/commit/620142fc92a934178dfb8d89061362fe85f1a8ce

Also, I will try to update it with any changes I do.

Then you installed it wrong. It works for me.

Well I unpacked the dayz_server.pbo that's in the @DayZ/Addons folder, added the EMS folder, and added the exec line in the server_monitor.sqf right above the allow connections like instructed, then repacked the PBO and uploaded it..

Nevermind, i'm an idiot. The pbo I need to edit is in the  @epoch_server/addons folder isn't it?

Yes

And for Defent why do u give the link to Fuchs github , shouldend it be your github ?

1. Download the Github Zip folder and open it with your unPacker of choice.

https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.3/archive/master.zip