[Official Release] EMS 0.3

Fuchs

Not sure if mentioned in this thread already but do your missions all seem to spawn in the same ish place? Something broken or is it due to bases on the map? 

I'm not sure, but I think he changed or even removed BIS_fnc_findSafePos from the script, hence why he put a tutorial on how to use it on the first page.

It's either using fixed coords or the BIS_fnc_findSafePos settings are so strict that it only finds acceptable 2-3 locations on the map; I still need to look into it.

Our mission directory: http://rghost.ru/52780669
Our logs: http://rghost.ru/52780721
Problem got same in 2 day on start online server. Please help us.

I got same problem,,,.

when missName is "HMMWV's".

maybe, we can fix that.

plz open your server.pbo's  / EMS / Missions / Major / SM11.sqf

and plz search the line↓ line  40???

[_vehicle] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;

u have to add↓ under taht line.

[_vehicle1] ExecVM DZMSSaveVeh;

maybe this is save problem, for save your database.

Sorry about my poor English.

Congrats for the new mission, its on my test server and looks nice, no bug, the only thing I dislike the mission spawn often in the same area, I think it need to be random all around the map.

Few questions here.

1. Is it possible to add exactly what we want in a box and the number of each Items (like the other mission we had the misc)? 

Lots players go on the mission and honestly its not what they would expect to have in a box and they will fight each other cause the stock is insufficient. Like in the medical box there was more other stuff than medical. Construction mission poor on construction material if you think about the number of AI killed the box not worth the work.

2. Is it possible in the SM to change a vehicle to spawn at the mission, like changing the SUV for the Armored SUV....?

3.Here for the SM3 [[(_coords select 0) + 20, _coords select 1,0],6,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;  is 20 is the number of AI spawning on the mission? What would be this one cause its a little different SM10 [_coords,3,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn; Can we increase it?

Thanks

this mission system is killing my members when the get in the car XDDDD

so what to do to fix this problem. in the past was easy to edit and fix it in server_monitor but the have moved the hacker thing to the server_functions but can't get it working XDDDD

Not sure if mentioned in this thread already but do your missions all seem to spawn in the same ish place? Something broken or is it due to bases on the map? 

At line 95 of DZMSFunctions.sqf, replace the values with this:

_pos = [_centerPos,0,6000,20,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It should give you a similar effect to the original EMS missions, I widened the distance from the center a bit and higher maximum distance from an object from 20 to 2000; this should randomize locations a little bit again.

Do I only have to do the steps adviced in https://github.com/TheFuchs/EMS-0.3 or do I have to add something else? Because I dont get any missions on my server, after playing on it for 1 hour... Have I just been unlucky, or did I miss any install step? If it's helpful, I've got a Vilayer server

Thanks 

Did you create a folder called EMS inside the dayz_server\system ?

By the instrucions, it might look like the folder should be wrongly named DZMS, (or should it?) check:

1. Open your Server.PBO with the PBO unPacker of your choice.

2. Put the "DZMS" folder into your Server.pbo.

3. Open up your server_monitor.SQF in the system folder in your server.PBO.

Search for this line

allowConnection = true;

And insert this line directly above it.

[] ExecVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\EMS\DZMSInit.sqf";

etc

I named the folder EMS and the missions are working fine.

Congrats for the new mission, its on my test server and looks nice, no bug, the only thing I dislike the mission spawn often in the same area, I think it need to be random all around the map.

Few questions here.

1. Is it possible to add exactly what we want in a box and the number of each Items (like the other mission we had the misc)? 

Lots players go on the mission and honestly its not what they would expect to have in a box and they will fight each other cause the stock is insufficient. Like in the medical box there was more other stuff than medical. Construction mission poor on construction material if you think about the number of AI killed the box not worth the work.

2. Is it possible in the SM to change a vehicle to spawn at the mission, like changing the SUV for the Armored SUV....?

3.Here for the SM3 [[(_coords select 0) + 20, _coords select 1,0],6,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;  is 20 is the number of AI spawning on the mission? What would be this one cause its a little different SM10 [_coords,3,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn; Can we increase it?

Thanks

1. Is possible you just have to go into the DZMSBox.sqf and change some of the numbers around

if (_type == "weap") then {
// EMS Weaponry
_scount = count EMSWeaponry;
for "_x" from 0 to 2 do {
_sSelect = floor(random _sCount);
_item = EMSWeaponry select _sSelect;
_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(round(random 2))];
};
};

this part of the script selects 2 different items from the EMSWeaponry vector found in the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf and places a random number between 0 and 2 of those into the crate. So technically you can go create another item vector in the DZMSWeaponCrateList.sqf and add your own weapons to that. You can also change the numbers around to give you what you want. Take note that are are different ways for adding weapons, items, and ammo to the crate so be sure to use the right functions.

2. you can also do this easily.

_vehicle = createVehicle ["ArmoredSUV_PMC",_coords,[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

that line crates an Amored SUV at the mission _coords. So just go into your mission that you want to change, find that line and replace the vehicle name.

3. no that offsets the spawn location 20 meters in the +x direction since _coords is a vector with a length of 3. So saying (_coords select 0, _coords select 1, _coords selected 2) is the same as just saying _coords, but saying it the first way lets you offset the coords. So saying ((_coords select 0) + 20, (_coords select 1) - 10, (_coords selected 2) + 15) means you selected a point 20 meters in the +x direction 10 meters in the -y and 15 meters in the +z (off the ground)

[_coords,3,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;

in the line above the script creates 3 units with a skill level of 1.

Usage: [position,unitcount,skillLevel] execVM "dir\DZMSAISpawn.sqf";
Position is the coordinates to spawn at [X,Y,Z]
UnitCount is the number of units to spawn
SkillLevel is the skill number defined in DZMSAIConfig.sqf

Hello i got a question for this part of the loot_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(round(random 2))];

Were it says [_item,(round(random 2))]; if i have it like [_item, 1]; does it mean it will always drop 1 item for that chosen item? Does that work?

Thanks

Hello i got a question for this part of the loot_crate addMagazineCargoGlobal [_item,(round(random 2))];

Were it says [_item,(round(random 2))]; if i have it like [_item, 1]; does it mean it will always drop 1 item for that chosen item? Does that work?

Thanks

Yes that is correct!

Hey

Found an other error

the minor SM8 does not get finished if my players walk in

here my sm8:

http://pastebin.com/Kpmmerf4

thank you anyway :)

For anyone that is still having problems with Minor SM8. I fixed the code. One of the items being added has a name of ItemMatches. This does not exist and should be ItemMatchbox. There were also some more minor issues that I fixed, such as the script attempting to add weapons using the addMagazineCargoGlobal function.

It was just all sorts of wrong...

Unfortunately it still tries to add 15 weapons to a tent that can only hold 10... So I commented out some items I think should not be in there. I also added 2 Briefs to make it a bit more exciting/worth it

here is the fixed code

/*
	Bandit Party by lazyink (Full credit for code to TheSzerdi & TAW_Tonic)
	Updated to new format by Vampire
	Edited by Fuchs for EMS
	Fixed by A Pollo [The Rainbow Republic]
*/
private ["_missName","_coords","_crash","_tent"];

//Name of the Mission
_missName = "Bandit Party";

//DZMSFindPos loops BIS_fnc_findSafePos until it gets a valid result
_coords = call DZMSFindPos;

[nil,nil,rTitleText,"Another bandit party has started!", "PLAIN",10] call RE;

//DZMSAddMinMarker is a simple script that adds a marker to the location
[_coords,_missName] ExecVM DZMSAddMinMarker;

//Add scenery
_crash = createVehicle ["UralWreck",[(_coords select 0) - 10, (_coords select 1) - 10, 0],[], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];

//DZMSProtectObj prevents it from disappearing
[_crash] call DZMSProtectObj;

//DZMSAISpawn spawns AI to the mission.
//Usage: [_coords, count, skillLevel]
[_coords,4,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;
sleep 1;
[_coords,4,2] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;
sleep 1;

_tent = createVehicle ["TentStorage", _coords,[], 0, "NONE"];
[_tent] call DZMSProtectObj;

//_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["ItemCompass", 2];
_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["ItemGPS", 3];
_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["NVGoggles", 1];
//_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["ItemKnife", 2];
_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["ItemToolbox", 2];
//_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["ItemMatchbox", 2];
_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["MP5A5", 2];
_tent addWeaponCargoGlobal   ["glock17_EP1", 2];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["FoodCanBakedBeans", 4];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBandage", 4];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemMorphine", 4];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemPainkiller", 4];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemAntibiotic", 2];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBloodbag", 2];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemJerryCan", 2];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["30Rnd_9x19_MP5", 5];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["17Rnd_9x19_glock17", 4];
_tent addMagazineCargoGlobal ["ItemBriefcase100oz", 2];

//Wait until the player is within 30meters
waitUntil{ {isPlayer _x && _x distance _coords <= 30 } count playableunits > 0 };

//Let everyone know the mission is over
[nil,nil,rTitleText,"The Bandit party has been busted by survivors!", "PLAIN",6] call RE;
diag_log format["[DZMS]: Minor SM8 Bandit Party Mission has Ended."];
deleteMarker "DZMSMinMarker";
deleteMarker "DZMSMinDot";

//Let the timer know the mission is over
DZMSMinDone = true;

At line 95 of DZMSFunctions.sqf, replace the values with this:

_pos = [_centerPos,0,6000,20,0,2000,0] call BIS_fnc_findSafePos;

It should give you a similar effect to the original EMS missions, I widened the distance from the center a bit and higher maximum distance from an object from 20 to 2000; this should randomize locations a little bit again.

Another question

[_coords,4,2] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn

The number 2 here represent the value in DZMSAISpawn if im correct? as this 2 is refering to ( case 2: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills3;}; ) which mean I have to change the values in DZMSSkills3 to make it any different? Am I correct?

Another question

[_coords,4,2] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn

The number 2 here represent the value in DZMSAISpawn if im correct? as this 2 is refering to ( case 2: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills3;}; ) which mean I have to change the values in DZMSSkills3 to make it any different? Am I correct?

That's right if you're not using DZAI. I would just add a case 4 so that 

switch (_skill) do {
		case 0: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills1;};
		case 1: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills2;};
		case 2: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills3;};
                case 3: {_aicskill = DZMSSkills4;};
	};

in your DZMSAISpawn.sqf, and then

DZMSSkills4 = [
["aimingAccuracy",0.60],
["aimingShake",0.60],
["aimingSpeed",1.00],
["endurance",1.00],
["spotDistance",1.00],
["spotTime",1.00],
["courage",1.00],
["reloadSpeed",1.00],
["commanding",1.00],
["general",1.00]
];

In your DZMSAIConfig.sqf where you can just make this another skill level.

Hi! How to reduce the number of AI may not be 18-20 but lets just say 5-6? I looked up to the DZMSConfig file not found!

Lets look at the Major mission SM1  line 35 you have this and the number I put in red is the number of AI the 1 is the skill level.

[_coords,6,1] ExecVM DZMSAISpawn;
sleep 5;
sleep 5;
sleep 5;
sleep 5;

Hope it help you

Lets look at the Major mission SM1  line 35 you have this and the number I put in red is the number of AI the 1 is the skill level.

sleep 5;
sleep 5;
sleep 5;
sleep 5;

Hope it help you

Thank you very much! Yes, that has been busier :)

Where to start?

I think the big thing, is that the missions on Takistan spawn WAY out of bounds. I think that may be responsible for the majority of my problems. Short term, I'll figure out if I can set a center, long time can we contribute a center and a box for each map to contain the missions in?

I am pretty tired, I'll see if I can find the code later.

Various issues I am running into. Everything spawns way out of bounds, not only does it give me errors when I go out there to do them, I run into issues like unlootable crates and invisible items. I can't see the ural in SM12 unless I zoom in or use my scope.

Anyways, thank you for your efforts; they are appreciated. I hope this blossoms into something awesome.

Does anyone know exactly how to get this to work for napf?

Ive done just what the installation guide says but im getting nothing at all, no errors either?

Do i need DZMS for this to work? :S

And why does the guide say 

1. Put the "DZMS" folder into your Server.pbo.

When the folder in the download is called EMS.

I must be getting this all wrong...

thanks.

hi chaps.

i'm in the process of editing and adding a few extra features into EMS for my server. I have a lot of it complete already but for me to move on with a bit more gusto i'm hoping somebody can clarify something for me.

i'd like to know what roles these 2 variables play. _wpnum, _numunits 

i do believe that one is the amount of ai and another is the type of ai. e.g. bandit/soldier/axeman.  

i'm just a bit unsure on which one is which.

if this has already been answered here previously, i apologise, i just don't have enough time right now to really search.

thanks in advance :)

- just realised this is 0.3 and im using a previous version. bother. 

forgive me, im tired

the query still stands though

thankyou for that. one more thing though, what is the relation between these two variables? 

is a waypoint a spawnpoint for 1 group of ai inside that mission?

so if i was to say _wpnum = 2 and _numunits = 6, would i have 12 ai units in total split between 2 groups?